• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

This auction does have an amazing array of OA. For my collecting taste probably the best auction to come around in many years.

Every auction cycle, there are people (generally with very short memories lol ) who proclaim that "it's the best they've seen in years!", when I'm like zzz and :eyeroll: . For example, no offense to anyone at Heritage, but I thought the auctions in Feb, May and Aug 2015 were all pretty ho-hum relative to the very high standard they've set,especially over the past 4 years.

That said, this is the third auction cycle in a row where Heritage has absolutely blasted it out of the park! Of course, that vintage ASM OA hoard they've secured is continuing to pay dividends, but they've also continued to procure a ton of other great material as well. And, it seems that there has been a conscious effort to increase the quality and decrease the number of filler lots in their Signature auctions - for a while, the # of lots was reaching crazy levels and some of the material was questionable as to whether it belonged, quality-wise.

My hat's off to them. :applause: I'm sure they will succeed once again in extracting money from my wallet that I didn't mean to spend. :cry: There's so much cool stuff in this auction that's not even in my wheelhouse (e.g., DC superhero art) that I feel tempted to bid on...so...hard...to...resist... :eek:

I'm sure they will succeed once again in extracting money from my wallet that I didn't mean to spend. :cry: There's so much cool stuff that I feel tempted to bid on...so...hard...to...resist... :eek:

Exactly!

Sure, drooling over the amazing eye candy is fun. Hard as it may be, I try to strip away the stuff I don't really need or can't afford, getting down to a handful of pieces that I'd love to own at the right price. That said, nothing can ease the pain of being outbid live or the many "if only" regrets over the years.

If all else fails, I take some comfort in this: The OA that best fits what I want + need + can afford, I probably already own. hm

needs_vs_wants_poster-r9a361f8139404b9fa270ed0108febd89_wad_8byvr_512.jpg

I'm sure they will succeed once again in extracting money from my wallet that I didn't mean to spend. :cry: There's so much cool stuff that I feel tempted to bid on...so...hard...to...resist... :eek:

Exactly!

Sure, drooling over the amazing eye candy is fun. Hard as it may be, I try to strip away the stuff I don't really need or can't afford, getting down to a handful of pieces that I'd love to own at the right price. That said, nothing can ease the pain of being outbid live or the many "if only" regrets over the years.

If all else fails, I take some comfort in this: The OA that best fits what I want + need + can afford, I probably already own. hm

needs_vs_wants_poster-r9a361f8139404b9fa270ed0108febd89_wad_8byvr_512.jpg

I always try to find every justification for buying an item that I probably don't need. lol

Funds will recover but the feeling of regret isn't lifted until the item if offered again!

....That's one of them.

Defenders #10 cover? This auction has officially gotten ridiculous. :ohnoez:

Defenders 10 is an awesome cover. One of my favorite Romita covers. It is an all vellum cover. Somewhere on my computer I have a scan of what it looked like before. It was very tanned--has been restored.

Glen