• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

Gets plenty respect from me

I certainly hope the Batman 9 pages gets no respect. :wishluck:

Get your 'friends' not to bid and you should be okay . . . ;)

Oh that will get some respect at auction. Look how clean those lines are. :cloud9:

X-Men #95 cover now in the auction. No scan yet.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............... I always thought that was pretty much the best x-men cover from that run. My favorite, anyways.

I can't believe some of the stuff that is showing up in this auction. I am trying to decide if I love the Adams Green Lantern page enough to go after it in a serious way

In a couple days, I'll have 2 pages from Green Lantern #85 for sale.

MI

I can't believe some of the stuff that is showing up in this auction. I am trying to decide if I love the Adams Green Lantern page enough to go after it in a serious way

MI

Send me scans or a link to scans (thumbs u

MI

Pages 2 and 3

That Wrightson over Adams is beautiful.

Apologies for crappy scan . . .

ff52_1.jpg

Okay, based on this crappy scan, I think inks are Sinnott except the Panther figure, though I can't figure why it would be different. Doesn't it look more like Klein or someone? & How come nobody is really looking at the Panther?

Looking at the Taschen book, the scan looks more like Sinnott on the Panther -- except for the way the suit is delineated. Maybe that's Romita? Or maybe it's Sinnott being really faithful to some weird Kirby design that didn't quite work? I guess we'll be able to tell more when HA puts up a good scan. There will be whiteout on the hands, and redrawing there.

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's what appears to be a photostat of the final OA with BP flipped and reduced. Note that he still had the half mask at this point, but it was filled in subsequent to this. The strap across his chest and a few other costume details were also revised.

The linework on BP's face is very rudimentary in this version - either a result of the photostat/reducting/flipping process, or because someone (poorly) redrew his facial features.

EDIT: His cape was also completely redrawn.

EDIT #2: It seems that the version on the left was used for an Italian edition of the comic:

http://digitizingcomics.blogspot.ca/2014/02/three-covers-for-black-panther-in.html

KirbyFF052unret-1024x750.jpg

MI

Pages 2 and 3

I just looked up those two pages and they are FANTASTIC. No characters in costume but SUPERB art and a great and memorable story.

Scott

That Wrightson over Adams is beautiful.

Pretty sure that Adams GL page as well as the Davis EC cover both belong to an occasional boardie. He was (quite understandably) happy to win them originally, hope he's OK and not selling now out of need. Both excellent examples and he should do well, regardless.