• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Bummer...same as the bulletproof virgin copy minus their logo in the back.   I rather they tried harder to get a sketch virgin.

Does CGC make a clear distinction between the two issues or will they be lumped into the "Dell'Otto Virgin Variant"?

I heard from Hank owner of Bulletproof, Dell'Otto asked him for the favor to split the virgin covers, so 500 will be bulletproof and 500 will be Scott's for LSCc. Hank also said the 50 he is selling 9.8 cgc ss will indicate on the cgc label Bulletproof 1 out of 50 etc. and he is trying to get Dell'Otto to also hand remark it 1 out of 50, etc.

2 hours ago, Polirer said:

I heard from Hank owner of Bulletproof, Dell'Otto asked him for the favor to split the virgin covers, so 500 will be bulletproof and 500 will be Scott's for LSCc. Hank also said the 50 he is selling 9.8 cgc ss will indicate on the cgc label Bulletproof 1 out of 50 etc. and he is trying to get Dell'Otto to also hand remark it 1 out of 50, etc.

Oh wow that sounds amazing

3 hours ago, Polirer said:

Is this a sure thing? 50 remarks is an awful lot. I actually thought about canceling my preorder from Bulletproof until I saw this post. 

22 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

Is this a sure thing? 50 remarks is an awful lot. I actually thought about canceling my preorder from Bulletproof until I saw this post. 

The hand remarks isn't a sure thing yet, but the cgc label is. Like I said he is working on it.

So with Bulletproof and Scott's having the same Dell'Otto image, which do all of you prefer or does it not matter the Bulletproof (with their logo on the back) or the Scott's Collectibles (with no logo on the back)?

2 hours ago, Polirer said:

So with Bulletproof and Scott's having the same Dell'Otto image, which do all of you prefer or does it not matter the Bulletproof (with their logo on the back) or the Scott's Collectibles (with no logo on the back)?

Both 500 print runs I don't think you can wrong with either one 

40 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

Both 500 print runs I don't think you can wrong with either one 

Yeah, I agree. My other dell'otto DKIII are Bullettproof and I bought that one. 

Owner of Bulletproof wanted me to clarify on the Metal virgin variants by Dell'Otto:

Bulletproof has their 1,000 virgin variants with the bulletproof logo on back, 950 will be sold raw, and 50 will be cgc ss with cgc label reading Bulletproof 1 out of 50, 2 out of 50 etc. and he is trying to get Dell'Otto to also remark the numbering by hand.

Regarding the convention edition that Scott's brought up. Dell'Otto asked Bulletproof if he could do this as a favor. In total there are 1000 convention logo free virgins. Bulletproof will be selling 500, 480 raw and 20 cgc 9.8 ss but no special label and no numbering. Scott's will be selling the other 500 on behalf of Dell'Otto at LSCC, and the 80 raw and 20 cgc 9.8 ss on Facebook (which according to the agreement they actually weren't supposed to sell any in advance of LSCC).

So there's some interesting news and info regarding this Dell'Otto variant. I think it's wise to get a Bulletproof special with the special numbering, note I am not an employee just a friend of the owner, and a convention virgin cgc ss. That way from a spec perspective your covered.

Edited by Polirer

On 8/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, Polirer said:

Owner of Bulletproof wanted me to clarify on the Metal virgin variants by Dell'Otto:

Bulletproof has their 1,000 virgin variants with the bulletproof logo on back, 950 will be sold raw, and 50 will be cgc ss with cgc label reading Bulletproof 1 out of 50, 2 out of 50 etc. and he is trying to get Dell'Otto to also remark the numbering by hand.

Regarding the convention edition that Scott's brought up. Dell'Otto asked Bulletproof if he could do this as a favor. In total there are 1000 convention logo free virgins. Bulletproof will be selling 500, 480 raw and 20 cgc 9.8 ss but no special label and no numbering. Scott's will be selling the other 500 on behalf of Dell'Otto at LSCC, and the 80 raw and 20 cgc 9.8 ss on Facebook (which according to the agreement they actually weren't supposed to sell any in advance of LSCC).

So there's some interesting news and info regarding this Dell'Otto variant. I think it's wise to get a Bulletproof special with the special numbering, note I am not an employee just a friend of the owner, and a convention virgin cgc ss. That way from a spec perspective your covered.

Thanks for the update I have both coming at least I know one will be individually numbered so I can tell them apart. The CGC labels will be different as well so that helps. 

So the only difference between the original bulletproof and the convention edition is no bullet proof logo on the back correct?

this cover art will basically be a 2,000 print run instead of the original 1,000?

2 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

So the only difference between the original bulletproof and the convention edition is no bullet proof logo on the back correct?

this cover art will basically be a 2,000 print run instead of the original 1,000?

Yeah, its a bit disappointing really. While I understand they are saying its a personal favor and all. When I purchased, it was a 1000 print run. I don't want a refund because I really like the cover, but it does make me think twice about future purchases. They should have slightly changed the cover or something. Changing the label is not enough. This is not an exclusive cover for either of them. So it is a 2000 print run virgin cover which makes it less rare than it thought it would be when I placed the order. I know these things are fluid at times and not set in stone, but I need to start rethinking some of my purchases and waiting a bit before jumping to purchase.

27 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

That's correct. I suggest getting the Bulletproof cgc ss at least it will have some distinction with the special cgc label, and will hopefully be hand remarked as well

19 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, its a bit disappointing really. While I understand they are saying its a personal favor and all. When I purchased, it was a 1000 print run. I don't want a refund because I really like the cover, but it does make me think twice about future purchases. They should have slightly changed the cover or something. Changing the label is not enough. This is not an exclusive cover for either of them. So it is a 2000 print run virgin cover which makes it less rare than it thought it would be when I placed the order. I know these things are fluid at times and not set in stone, but I need to start rethinking some of my purchases and waiting a bit before jumping to purchase.

I preordered the Bulletproof SS 9.8 on day one and ordered the Scott's version. My  dumb*** has $510 sunk into the book now with a print run of 2000. I guess it is what it is I'm a huge Dell Otto fan I just need to think long and hard before purchasing something so haphazardly. 

Edited by Michael Lamm

2 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

I preordered the Bulletproof SS 9.8 on day one and ordered the Scott's version. My has $510 sunk into the book now with a print run of 2000. I guess it is what it is I'm a huge Dell Otto fan I just need to think long and hard before purchasing something so haphazardly. 

While I feel the same, these sites should put an asterisk "print number not final" or something if its not finalized. I think if it was important enough to detail in the description, then it should be noted if it could change. Otherwise, people are spending money based on potentially false information. JSC had this problem on his site with one of his exclusive books and caused a bunch of people to be angry over it.

59 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

While I feel the same, these sites should put an asterisk "print number not final" or something if its not finalized. I think if it was important enough to detail in the description, then it should be noted if it could change. Otherwise, people are spending money based on potentially false information. JSC had this problem on his site with one of his exclusive books and caused a bunch of people to be angry over it.

That's why I don't buy from Aspen anymore after the Harley Quinn fiasco and I heard about the JSC don't buy from him anymore either. All these store exclusives I will take a wait and see approach from now on 

6 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

That's why I don't buy from Aspen anymore after the Harley Quinn fiasco and I heard about the JSC don't buy from him anymore either. All these store exclusives I will take a wait and see approach from now on 

Yep, I know it. I shared the JSC and Aspen horror stories with Hank owner of Bulletproof 

Hank apologizes and says this will be the one and only time. There will not be another situation like this. Again it happened only because Dell'Otto requested the favor. He is sending me the artwork for issue 2 and said soon as I get it he said I can post it here. He's sorry and he's a really good guy.

Edited by Polirer