• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, thecollector881 said:

I was following both of those as well.  I would consider those buyers very lucky since Dell'Otto hates doing blank covers and you won't be able to secure one in the future unless you have some type big time $$$ exclusivity with him.   Even luckier are the holders of his previous blank cover commissions as you can tell he put way more effort and detail into those as the ones you see now.  You hardly see those in 9.8's since he dug deep into those.

12 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

I was following both of those as well.  I would consider those buyers very lucky since Dell'Otto hates doing blank covers and you won't be able to secure one in the future unless you have some type big time $$$ exclusivity with him.   Even luckier are the holders of his previous blank cover commissions as you can tell he put way more effort and detail into those as the ones you see now.  You hardly see those in 9.8's since he dug deep into those.

Wouldn't even care about the grade on his older pieces though they're just works of art 

Bought off the bay for like $75 it was so crooked inside the slab, cgc fixed for free, with reholdering no change in grade, and turned it around in two weeks. Anyone know what this one is actually worth?

image.jpg

27 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Bought off the bay for like $75 it was so crooked inside the slab, cgc fixed for free, with reholdering no change in grade, and turned it around in two weeks. Anyone know what this one is actually worth?

image.jpg

$75.00

33 minutes ago, HCE said:

Seeing the prices for those original Dell'otto sketch covers on eBay linked recently, I practically stole mine:

zYTtO7u.jpg

iUGlwbK.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy scan of the first book, I need to take a better picture of it.

My goodness those are freaking gorgeous!

59 minutes ago, HCE said:

Seeing the prices for those original Dell'otto sketch covers on eBay linked recently, I practically stole mine:

zYTtO7u.jpg

iUGlwbK.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy scan of the first book, I need to take a better picture of it.

Those are awesome... Congrats!!!!..  Love the details of these blanks compared to what he is putting out recently.

1 hour ago, HCE said:

zYTtO7u.jpg

iUGlwbK.jpg

Those are beautiful!!  (thumbsu 

Anyone know what he charges?

1 hour ago, Michael Lamm said:

My goodness those are freaking gorgeous!

53 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Those are awesome... Congrats!!!!..  Love the details of these blanks compared to what he is putting out recently.

Thanks! And I agree with your assessments, Dell'otto did beautiful work on them and I love both dearly. :)

2 hours ago, HCE said:

zYTtO7u.jpg

iUGlwbK.jpg

So jealous of you owning these man.  (worship)

-J.

3 hours ago, Polirer said:

I paid $1900 for a painting of Batman on a Batman 1 blank he's doing it this fall

Will he depict a specific image at your request, or do you just say "Do a Spider-Man for me" and you get what you get? 

-J.

9 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Will he depict a specific image at your request, or do you just say "Do a Spider-Man for me" and you get what you get? 

-J.

He's the master artist, I'm trusting him to produce it. So I don't know if he takes suggestions for ideas. Didn't even occur to me to ask.

14 hours ago, Polirer said:

I paid $1900 for a painting of Batman on a Batman 1 blank he's doing it this fall

Ouch, his rates sure have gone up since I got mine. Can't blame him, though, when people flip his work on eBay for 2k+.

10 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

Both of mine were done with no input from me other than the character. Didn't even specify a costume.

3 hours ago, HCE said:

Ouch, his rates sure have gone up since I got mine. Can't blame him, though, when people flip his work on eBay for 2k+.

Both of mine were done with no input from me other than the character. Didn't even specify a costume.

For $2k I think I'd want to have the image made to order a bit.  :insane:

-J.