• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

One thing I don't get is if the 667 was such a low print book, and a 1:100, how did I manage to get my copy from an obscure comic shop in England which never ordered more than 50 copies of ASM?

24 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

One thing I don't get is if the 667 was such a low print book, and a 1:100, how did I manage to get my copy from an obscure comic shop in England which never ordered more than 50 copies of ASM?

Did you ask how they acquired it? It is a fact that it was a lower print run than 666 which was ~150k, 667 was 80k if I recollect correctly. 

And its  a fact that the Dell’Otto it is a 1:100 plus other criteria had to be met

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Did you ask the shopkeeper? (shrug) I would imagine he got it the same way people in the States manage to acquire pence versions of books.  

I got my copy from a shop on a remote Canadian island and I know they didn't order anywhere near close to 100 copies of ASM (they also didn't see the original solicit for the book either, probably because it was offered for only a brief window after the dealer final order cut off for the month). They ended up getting their copy for a customer who requested it through a dealer trade, but the customer never came back to pay for it. Lucky for me I guess. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

6 hours ago, Foley said:

Objection, hearsay.

Is that supposed to be some form of "proof?" Unless I missed something, it's 6 pages of people on the internet speculating about the possibility that there were only 100 copies printed. Not 250 as you claim. Please elaborate.

Oh wait, that's the evidence that the damage rumor didn't come from you, but rather an eBay listing from 2013? Color me convinced. :eyeroll:

This isn't a court room and I'm not here to "prove" any case.  Obviously the people in that discussion were privy to less facts then that have since come out.  And maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word "rumour", but that's what I said the damages claim was now as they did then.  Anecdotal evidence supports the rumour however, as I have noted (as the poster in the other forum back in 2013) that many if not most of the few raw copies that have appeared for sale have the same spine and rear cover damage.  There have been only 3 bona fide raw copies offered for sale publicly since September, 2015, the last one was on mycomicshop nearly two years ago (March, 2016), that still has the pictures available, which they called a 7.0 due to that same rear cover damage (scratch(es) in the dark blue).  Book still sold for $1700. 

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=36417518

-J.

17 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

So after dismissing another board user's contributions to the discussion and challenging his authenticity by putting Overstreet Advisors in quotes (just call him a liar straight up if you don't believe him) your proof of the false information you continue to spread about the 667 variant is nothing more than a random discussion from a different internet forum?  

7 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

This isn't a court room and I'm not here to "prove" any case.  Obviously the people in that discussion were privy to less facts then that have since come out.  And maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word "rumour", but that's what I said the damages claim was now as they did then.  Anecdotal evidence supports the rumour however, as I have noted (as the poster in the other forum back in 2013) that many if not most of the few raw copies that have appeared for sale have the same spine and rear cover damage.  There have been only 3 bona fide raw copies offered for sale publicly since September, 2015, the last one was on mycomicshop nearly two years ago (March, 2016), that still has the pictures available, which they called a 7.0 due to that same rear cover damage (scratch(es) in the dark blue).  Book still sold for $1700. 

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=36417518

-J.

If the known source of your rumor is a random ebay listing, its probably safe to just throw that rumor directly into the garbage. 

The board is still waiting to see that "invoice"...

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

Did you ask how they acquired it?

56 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Did you ask the shopkeeper? (shrug) 

My shop got it in the normal course of business - they ordered a certain quantity of the latest books and got the associated variants when they ordered, presumably, the right quantity / met the necessary criteria.

I'm not trying to be funny or anything - I just find it odd that my tiny shop in England got a copy in the normal course of monthly ordering, despite ordering less than 100 ASM 667 regulars, and despite there only being - if this thread is correct - less than 250 viable copies worldwide.

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

My shop got it in the normal course of business - they ordered a certain quantity of the latest books and got the associated variants when they ordered, presumably, the right quantity / met the necessary criteria.

I'm not trying to be funny or anything - I just find it odd that my tiny shop in England got a copy in the normal course of monthly ordering, despite ordering less than 100 ASM 667 regulars, and despite there only being - if this thread is correct - less than 250 viable copies worldwide.

Do you have proof that how they acquired it?

11 minutes ago, darkstar said:

If the known source of your rumor is a random ebay listing, its probably safe to just throw that rumor directly into the garbage. 

Do you have a Dell’Otto ASM 667? If not are you just jealous.

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

It is no mystery. If the shop ordered the requisite 100 of the regular cover and then saw the belated solicit for the book during that brief window after the original dealer final order cut off,  and went back into their account to order that one book then they would get it.  

As it turns out, very few shops also did all that, hence the only ~200 or so copies that went out from Diamond.  

-J.

12 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Again Darkstar any jealousy? It’s the rarest Dell’Otto and an incentive 1:100. Fact! Even if there were 400, which there aren’t. So your jealous and wish you had a 9.8 like me. Doncha wish you had a 9.8 like me doncha doncha doncha wish you had an ASM 667 just like me doncha doncha!!!!

so clam down stop harrasing Jay who founded this forum. And find proof to prove your side. I’ve seen numbers on Rare recalled and CBSI and both indicate around 200. That’s still a very rare book. And then look at the cgc census only 14 are 9.8. I’m a member of that group. Are you?

4 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Do you have proof that how they acquired it?

What?

3 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Do you have a Dell’Otto ASM 667? 

I did, and sold it. 

4 minutes ago, Polirer said:

If not are you just jealous.

What?

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

It is no mystery. If the shop ordered the requisite 100 of the regular cover and then saw the belated solicit for the book during that brief window after the original dealer final order cut off,  and went back into their account to order that one book then they would get it.  

As it turns out, very few shops also did all that, hence the only ~200 or so copies that went out from Diamond.  

-J.

That was my point - they didn't order the requisite 100 copies. But still got it.

This is a cranky old thread isn't it! Sorry I dropped by really. 

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

What?

I did, and sold it. 

What?

You claimed how they got it but do you have proof to back your story just like your demanding proof from jay?

what condition was yours and how much did you sell for and when?

i think your Jealous for not hanging on to it longer now that 9.8s are in the tens of thousands 

1 minute ago, Polirer said:

You claimed how they got it but do you have proof to back your story just like your demanding proof from jay?

what condition was yours and how much did you sell for and when?

i think your Jealous for not hanging on to it longer now that 9.8s are in the tens of thousands 

I wasn't demanding proof from Jay?

I was just trying to contribute to the debate. 

7 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I wasn't demanding proof from Jay?

I was just trying to contribute to the debate. 

Debates aren’t based on your opinion they’re based on accepted theories and evidence 

29 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

That was my point - they didn't order the requisite 100 copies. But still got it.

This is a cranky old thread isn't it! Sorry I dropped by really. 

Then they did not get it during the "normal course of business" or through normal ordering practices because that's not how the book was made available.   In addition to being offered for only a few days window after the original dealer final order cut off, Marvel put some fairly ridiculous hoops for dealers to jump through assuming they even noticed the book- 1)Order 100 copies of 667, 2)Not any 100 copies, but only of the regular cover, 3)That means none of the orders for the other variant for 667 counted, which itself was previewed months in advance, and was heavily ordered since it had essentially no ordering limits with a very easily met ordering threshold, 4) Even if 100 copies of only the regular cover were ordered, actually go back into their Diamond account and special order just that one book (the 667 Dell'otto assuming they saw the belated solicit).

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/746?articleID=110712

I can only surmise your shop must have also gotten it through some secondary channel that you were not privy to, perhaps similar to the way my Canadian shop did.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Then they did not get it during the "normal course of business" or through normal ordering practices because that's not how the book was made available.   In addition to being offered for only a few days window after the original dealer final order cut off, Marvel put some fairly ridiculous hoops for dealers to jump through assuming they even noticed the book- 1)Order 100 copies of 667, 2)Not any 100 copies, but only of the regular cover, 3)That means none of the orders for the other variant for 667 which itself was previewed months in advance and had no ordering limits with a very easily met ordering threshold counted, 4) Actually go back into your Diamond account and special order just that one book (the 667 Dell'otto assuming you saw the belated solicit).

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/746?articleID=110712

I can only your shop must have also gotten it through some secondary channel that you were not privy to, perhaps similar to the way my Canadian shop did.

-J.

We may never know Jay