• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Spring Auction

359 posts in this topic

Someone picked up this George Perez piece at a decent price:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D7%23Item%5F1119163&id=1119163

It's only the cover for a Pittsburgh con program. But there are only so many Avengers/JLA cover-quality pieces by Perez.

I expected this would go a little higher than $5.8K (I believe the cover to the Morgan Conquest TPB reprinting volume 3, issues #1-3 went for ~$6K last year on C-Link), so opted out of this auction and pursued other opportunities.

Congrats to all the lucky high bidders out there!

I assume that every piece I buy is going to lose money in the long run and, for my personal balance sheet calculation, I mark every piece I buy down a minimum of 20% from cost (and, in the current frothy environment, most pieces are marked down by a third to a half or even more).

I've been thinking a lot lately about stuff like this quote, and some of the other insights in this thread.

I've been casually observing the market for a few years without getting involved. My education is almost done, and will finally have cash to spend later this year.

I'm primarily interested in second tier Vertigo titles, but feel like by the time I sell what I want to pick up I'll be out at least 50%. I can't imagine what I want will hold its value. The cheap side of me has a real problem with that, but I know I'll cave on the stuff I really want. At least I've avoided blowing cash on stuff I only sort of want, so in that way I'm ahead!

I think I need to start a thread for talking about the comiclink auction stuff that isn't in the many thousands range. I think I might need to consider myself lucky that most of the stuff I really like isn't stuff you bigger spenders care about or notice! lol

I always find the talk interesting on the high dollar pieces. But I hope I can resist ever getting to the point of actually wanting said pieces. I picked up just one piece, at a price I can live with, that perfectly hits my nostalgia bubble.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DBob%26ItemType%3DCA%26CGC%3D%23Item%5F1121805&id=1121805

I've never even seen that piece before but it's great! Congrats on a cool pickup!! Loved Xtinction Agenda...

Anthony had the piece available for a few years on his site and on eBay. I believe price was $950.

I'm surprised no one commented on the $1550 for the Vosburg G.I. Joe #15 panel page. Although we've seen Joe splashes and pinups go for a lot lately, I think that's a record for a Vosburg panel page. I guess it's the Snake Eyes factor and the fact that very few pages show up from those first 30 issues.

I was hoping to get it for $800 as I was high bidder for a long time.

Nothing that hits my collecting interest yet other than the Doctor Strange piece

Which one?

I assume the Colan/Adkins cover and not the PMS page? That PMS page is very nice but is getting a lot of mileage on it.

I think I need to start a thread for talking about the comiclink auction stuff that isn't in the many thousands range. I think I might need to consider myself lucky that most of the stuff I really like isn't stuff you bigger spenders care about or notice! lol

I always find the talk interesting on the high dollar pieces. But I hope I can resist ever getting to the point of actually wanting said pieces. I picked up just one piece, at a price I can live with, that perfectly hits my nostalgia bubble.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DBob%26ItemType%3DCA%26CGC%3D%23Item%5F1121805&id=1121805

I've never even seen that piece before but it's great! Congrats on a cool pickup!! Loved Xtinction Agenda...

Anthony had the piece available for a few years on his site and on eBay. I believe price was $950.

I thought that I'd win that piece! I bid $950, which I thought was very aggressive and that I was the only one crazed enough to bid that high. :insane: I was very surprised to see it break $1k. When the auction started, I thought it was a $750 piece on the high end. I guess Cloud Coddie showed that there's another nut in town. :kidaround:

Congratulations on the win! I hope you enjoy the piece! :)

I thought that I'd win that piece! I bid $950, which I thought was very aggressive and that I was the only one crazed enough to bid that high. :insane: I was very surprised to see it break $1k. When the auction started, I thought it was a $750 piece on the high end. I guess Cloud Coddie showed that there's another nut in town. :kidaround:

Congratulations on the win! I hope you enjoy the piece! :)

I never noticed it on Anthony's site, probably because it's not a piece I'd generally be on the hunt for. But I dug it when I saw it on Clink.

If I slightly overpaid, so be it. Most auctions I bid on seem to go substantially more than what market was a year or two ago, so I've gotten used to it. lol

Hi,

This is the first time that I bought anything from a Comic Link auction (Dredd page by Bisley).

I live in Europe. Do you know how long it takes for Comic Link to ship and which carrier they use?

Thanks.

Hi,

This is the first time that I bought anything from a Comic Link auction (Dredd page by Bisley).

I live in Europe. Do you know how long it takes for Comic Link to ship and which carrier they use?

Thanks.

After payment they normally ship within 1 or 2 weeks and use FedEx Economy - after shipping, normally it takes 1 week for the package to arrive (FedEx Priority is just 2 days, but CLink does not offer this kind of shipping).

Huge Ploog monster fan, but I generally need the art to be inked by Ploog himself. Nothing else looks quite right to me. The small size was a bit of a problem, but not so much that if it had been Ploog inks, I'd have crushed you on this one Mike! lol

I was the 2nd underbidder on this lot. It was indeed the small size and the lack of Ploog inks that kept me from bidding higher.

It sounds like it would have been a bloodbath had it been inked by Ploog. lol

i'm not sure how much of a bloodbath it would have been.... and sure ploogs inks are nice..but how many issues of any title did Ploog pencil and ink himself?

not very many.

i think chiarmonte's inking is superb on ALL of Mike Ploog's Marvel work...

The only issue people have that i've ever heard talked about were jim Mooney inked ploog issues....and he didint ink much.

Sold this last year but I'm glad I was able to reacquire it as I am leaning more towards OA these days. Doom's face in the bottom right makes this page for me.

IM149laytonJR_zpsox1yskze.jpg

Fantastic page all the way around

i'm not sure how much of a bloodbath it would have been.... and sure ploogs inks are nice..but how many issues of any title did Ploog pencil and ink himself?

not very many.

That is true, but I wasn't looking at it from the point of view of holding out for a virtually non-existent example, but was rather simply applying a value heuristic. :foryou: