• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions Shipping Takes Too Long!

38 posts in this topic

I don't think they always have the books on hand. Don't they have to get them from the seller sometimes?

My book was part of the "live auction" and I think they have the books on hand for those.

My book was also a live auction book. I think they have those in house too. You don't get much out the 19.5% buyer premium you have to pay.

I don't think they always have the books on hand. Don't they have to get them from the seller sometimes?

My book was part of the "live auction" and I think they have the books on hand for those.

My book was also a live auction book. I think they have those in house too. You don't get much out the 19.5% buyer premium you have to pay.

I think the seller gets screwed the most in that deal. We pay our maximum regardless, but they take a much larger cut of the profit.

The only reason I see them as the leader right now is that they have historically had larger reach - which won't last forever. As a seller I am ComicLink all the way if I go auctions.

They always send mine out before I pay.

Same here. I wholeheartedly accidentally bid on OA of Skinman. Had no idea who or what that was and intended to call customer service to cancel....eventually. Next thing I know it's at my doorstep. Thought they auto charged my card but they didn't. I eventually just decided to pay and keep it especially after downloading and watching the 90's Swamp Thing animated series that I didn't know existed :headbang:

Got my comics 3 days after I paid. About as fast as possible imo

doh! What next? Don't tell me that to expedite shipment, in appreciation of your established loyalty, the comics were shipped on Open Account, without waiting to confirm payment!

Got my comics 3 days after I paid. About as fast as possible imo

Yeah, my experience is that they are by far the fastest of the three auction houses. CLink has started doing this deal where they print the shipping label in a fairly timely manner but don't actually ship the books for another 5 to 7 days.

varies...for example, i bought a high end FF #1 CGC 7.0 and they shipped BEFORE i paid...yet i just purchased and paid immediately for ASM #13 CGC 9.2 and i am still waiting for it...

Well, they're old school. They still think FF is more important than Spidey. :D