• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What moderns are you reading?

45 posts in this topic

I was very into the Black Mask stuff, but they seem to have slowed down for some reason. Grab the Space Riders and We Can Never Go Home trades if you haven't already.

I skipped all the post Secret Wars stuff for a few weeks/month so I'm pretty much waiting for trades on that.

All the DC stuff seems to be wrapping up due to rebirth, I really liked Darkseid War by Geoff Johns for Justice League. Omega Men is fantastic too.

Paper Girls, Klaus, a bunch of valiant (Bloodshot Reborn is my favorite atm), Descender, I'm going to stop myself actually, way too much...

Some are a little old, I don't really read too much as published:

Ninjak - Kindt is KILLING it at VALIANT. Also read the new Archer & Armstrong #1 and Divinity II #1, and will be all in on those too.

Omega Men - Tom King is what's next at the Big 2 (at DC now I think with an exclusive).

One Piece and One-Punch Man - the two best comics in the world IMHO.

A Girl on the Shore by Inio Asano - my snuggy readers choice.

Papergirls - that BKV.

Monstress - I know there is a contingent who want to push this but I actually enjoy the story and especially the art.

Justice League since Darkseid War started has been great

Batman

DKIII

Star Wars

Darth Vader / Vader Down

Walking Dead

Outcast

Just picked up the first issue of Superman The Coming of the Supermen - Neal Adams 6 issue mini - it seems pretty cool so far. Nice to see a story with some Kandoran's in action.

I also went back and started reading Blackest Night from the beginning. Never been a Green Lantern reader so my buddy recommended it to get my GL legs. Seems good so far, just finishing up the prelude issues.

Batman

DKIII

Star Wars

Darth Vader / Vader Down

Walking Dead

Outcast

Just picked up the first issue of Superman The Coming of the Supermen - Neal Adams 6 issue mini - it seems pretty cool so far. Nice to see a story with some Kandoran's in action.

I also went back and started reading Blackest Night from the beginning. Never been a Green Lantern reader so my buddy recommended it to get my GL legs. Seems good so far, just finishing up the prelude issues.

If you started with GL Rebirth you'd really enjoy it I think. That was the first set of solo GL books I have ever read and I ended up finishing just about the whole Johns run

Batman

DKIII

Star Wars

Darth Vader / Vader Down

Walking Dead

Outcast

If you started with GL Rebirth you'd really enjoy it I think. That was the first set of solo GL books I have ever read and I ended up finishing just about the whole Johns run

Yah I forgot to mention I started with GL Rebirth then on to Blackest Night. Also read Flash Rebirth, it was good too.

Yeah John's GL run is pretty epic. Sinestro Corps War was the highlight for me. Just started his Flash run, that has been solid too.

My top of the reading pile:

Justice League

Batman (didn't like Superheavy at first, but it grew on me)

Southern Bastards

Walking Dead

Manifest Destiny

Ragnarok

I'm going to have to give East Of West a look.

I don't think I'm checking out anything particularly new. I got a little busy and haven't been keeping up on all the new titles coming out but of course I dig Walking Dead, Saga, Rat Queens, Usagi Yojimbo, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Southern Bastards, and on the rare occasion when they're released, the Archie horror stuff.

I only read batman, and when dkIII puts out the collector edition I get those but thats it. I read some image trades about a year and half ago but outside of that, not really anything else. I did get a few trades at christmas the hush unwrapped and superman nchained. Both most for lee art but the sups was written by snyder so I figured I would like it

East of west sort of on autopilot with this one im really stuck in what happens next mode and the artwork is nice.

Totally awesome hulk. Didnt think i would like it but fun book

Spider-man. This one seems like it can get good only on issue 2

Old man logan opened really good but starting to seem like more of a marvel team up featuring old man logan then a old man logan tittle......basically i need some more solo logan less "surprise" guest.

Power rangers. Very new but has potential for fans but idk how someone who never watched a show would feel about it.

Old Man Logan

A-Force

Batman

Superman American Alien

I can't WAIT to read American Alien, waiting for the trade or HC though. Feel like that's one I'll want to keep on the bookshelf.

Count me in as eagerly anticipating Black Mask's next wave... I am a little deflated by the slow release schedule, but I'm willing to get behind some of these books for sure. We Can Never Go Home was my favorite story of last year and Young Terrorists #1 was one of my very favorite #1s.

Otherwise, I'm currently reading most regularly:

All New Hawkeye

Extraordinary X Men

Paper Girls

Monstress

Beauty

Sex Criminals

Swamp Thing

Justice League

8House (eagerly awaiting the next run)

The best reads: Outcast, Saga, Invincible, Goddamned, Black Science, Paper Girls, Rebels, Southern Bastards, Walking Dead, Wayward.

The rest: ASM, Providence, Thor, East of West, Archie, Autumnlands, Hawkeye, Dr Strange, Fuse, Rumble, Sex Crims, Violent.

Old Man Logan

A-Force

Batman

Superman American Alien

I can't WAIT to read American Alien, waiting for the trade or HC though. Feel like that's one I'll want to keep on the bookshelf.

Superman American Alien is a keeper