• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Neg Or Not To Neg? - That Is The Question

To Neg or not to neg  

336 members have voted

1. 1. To Neg or not to neg

78 posts in this topic

I wanted some advice from the board on a recent eBay purchase.

Listing title was "X-Force #11 (Jun 1992, Marvel) 1st Domino EASY 9.6-9.8 Copy CRISP Deadpool" which seemed a bit over-promoted but I've had some good luck on eBay recently so I took a shot. :wishluck:

The auction was from a long time, established seller (March 1999) who had solid feedback with 1167 reviews and 100% positive feedback. The transaction went smoothly and the book showed up within a few days. When I received it, there were obvious issues with the book so it is no where close to a9.6. And it was definitely not the same copy shown in the photographs included with the eBay listing. :tonofbricks:

th_image_zpsdbiitgzi.jpeg th_image_zpsuusgsmfj.jpeg

So I went back to find the original listing and I notice that it already says "This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or one like this." hm

Looks like the seller has used the same listing and picture multiple times, despite the description saying "Actual comic is pictured". (tsk)

th_multiplelistings_zpsjykiuz8n.png

I assumed the seller had multiple copies, so I go through ebay to report an issue, it takes me to request a return, and he issues a refund.

Great, right? (thumbs u

But then I crack open the book to read through it and discover this: :o

th_image_zpsiihs6ptm.jpeg

So what should I do now? Let it go? Contact him to report that, in addition to the inaccurate listing description and inaccurate photos, that the book also had a large portion of a page cut out that affects the story? Or neg the seller and impact his feedback rating to warn others of his horrendous grading?

I win a book / it arrives / I notice a large coupon cut out / I contact the seller / he issues a refund & tells me to keep the book / I think "Cool" & never think about it again.

Moral of story = he made it right so no need to neg him.

netural fb, leave a good review though praising him about doing the right thing but also metion the listing was off

if they get pissed (in email), return the book and list in detail what was wrong with the auction compared with the book you recived

then the reason for a netural & why you won't put a positive or neg, then explain that you gave a netural but with glowing praise bc they did the right thing

make sure your tone the whole time is nice and kinda polite (but condasending the whole time), that way he can't go to ebay with evidence of you being an individual_without_enough_empathy and get it removed

lol and yes i've done this.......kinda sad when you need to explain in detail to a comic shop how to ship books so they won't get damaged and pointing out every way they failed to ship said book correctly

Listing title was "X-Force #11 (Jun 1992, Marvel) 1st Domino EASY 9.6-9.8 Copy CRISP Deadpool" which seemed a bit over-promoted but I've had some good luck on eBay recently so I took a shot. :wishluck:

The auction was from a long time, established seller (March 1999) who had solid feedback with 1167 reviews and 100% positive feedback. The transaction went smoothly and the book showed up within a few days. When I received it, there were immediate red flags. Envelope was dented in top left corner and when I opened it, there were obvious issues with the book. :tonofbricks:

I find the original listing and I notice that it says "This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or one like this." hm I assumed the seller had multiple copies, so I go through ebay to report an issue, it takes me to request a return, and he issues an immediate refund.

Great, right? (thumbs u

So what do I do now? Neg the seller and impact his feedback rating or contact him to report that in addition to the inaccurate listing description and possible shipping damage, that the book also had a large portion of a page cut out that affects the story?

What is his eBay ID and yours

The auction was from a long time, established seller (March 1999) who had solid feedback with 1167 reviews and 100% positive feedback. The transaction went smoothly and the book showed up within a few days. When I received it, there were immediate red flags. Envelope was dented in top left corner and when I opened it, there were obvious issues with the book. :tonofbricks:

I find the original listing and I notice that it says "This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or one like this." hm I assumed the seller had multiple copies, so I go through ebay to report an issue, it takes me to request a return, and he issues an immediate refund.

Great, right? (thumbs u

So what do I do now? Neg the seller and impact his feedback rating or contact him to report that in addition to the inaccurate listing description and possible shipping damage, that the book also had a large portion of a page cut out that affects the story?

What is his eBay ID and yours

The only information that is really important at this point.

The seller immediately did the right thing.

You have your money back and a book.

Why are you dwellings on this further?

Move on!

THIS

And to the response that suggests leaving a "Neutral feedback and be slightly condescending in your communication", are you for real? A mistake was made and it sounds like it was handled promptly. Good respectful communication is the only way to conduct any kind of business, whether you are a buyer or seller, being a only makes things worse. I have had books go missing or arrive damaged on my end and I also have books that I have sold go missing in transit, and one that I missed an interior page rip. All these situations ended in both parties getting excellent feedback and continuing to do more business with each other.

netural fb, leave a good review though praising him about doing the right thing but also metion the listing was off

if they get pissed (in email), return the book and list in detail what was wrong with the auction compared with the book you recived

then the reason for a netural & why you won't put a positive or neg, then explain that you gave a netural but with glowing praise bc they did the right thing

make sure your tone the whole time is nice and kinda polite (but condasending the whole time), that way he can't go to ebay with evidence of you being an individual_without_enough_empathy and get it removed

lol and yes i've done this.......kinda sad when you need to explain in detail to a comic shop how to ship books so they won't get damaged and pointing out every way they failed to ship said book correctly

I never got the neutral feedback angle. I personally would just not leave feedback if he immediately did the right thing. I would also always email the seller of an issue before opening a case.

Regarding the cut out could just be an oversight, I would say more often than not ebay sellers especially on moderns do not check each page. I doubt there was any malicious intent here. My biggest gripe would be on the lousy packing. People use a friggin box!

The seller immediately did the right thing.

You have your money back and a book.

Why are you dwellings on this further?

Move on!

THIS

And to the response that suggests leaving a "Neutral feedback and be slightly condescending in your communication", are you for real? A mistake was made and it sounds like it was handled promptly. Good respectful communication is the only way to conduct any kind of business, whether you are a buyer or seller, being a only makes things worse. I have had books go missing or arrive damaged on my end and I also have books that I have sold go missing in transit, and one that I missed an interior page rip. All these situations ended in both parties getting excellent feedback and continuing to do more business with each other.

:golfclap:

Seller = Daniel son

Buyer = Johnny

Eff it, neg the poor schmuck and feel good about it... maybe he'll learn his lesson to be more careful about what he sells and also not be so quick to "make things right" next time.

Seller = Daniel son

Buyer = Johnny

Eff it, neg the poor schmuck and feel good about it... maybe he'll learn his lesson to be more careful about what he sells who he sells to and also not be so quick to "make things right" next time.

FTFY

Seller = Daniel son

Buyer = Johnny

Eff it, neg the poor schmuck and feel good about it... maybe he'll learn his lesson to be more careful about what he sells who he sells to and also not be so quick to "make things right" next time.

FTFY

;)

Surprised by the amount of animosity from an opinion poll asking for board member's 2c . I didn't say I was going to neg him, just asked for people's opinions. Sheesh! (shrug)

Looks like the seller has used the same listing and picture multiple times, despite the description saying "Actual comic is pictured". Seems like a red flag to me but I guess that's just me. :sorry:

th_multiplelistings_zpsjykiuz8n.png

Unless I missed something think that's what was provided. I didn't see any over the top hostility towards you.

Don't leave negs ever unless something was really really wrong/fraud.

If you got your refund sass-free, no negging necessary. I doubt he was trying to push that SPOONed up book, probably just didn't flip through it first. Honestly I have similar things with (modern) books that I've flipped though, like missing clipped coupons. I always apologize profusely and start with a refund, I never make the customer beg for one.