• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Neg Or Not To Neg? - That Is The Question

To Neg or not to neg  

336 members have voted

1. 1. To Neg or not to neg

78 posts in this topic

Anyone who sells a lot of stuff misses something, missing page or piece, restoration, grading defect. Nobody is perfect, sometimes things that should be noted are missed.

Send the seller a friendly email thanking him for the quick refund and point out the interior problem that he missed. Don't neg him, he made a mistake and fixed it. I'd probably not give him any feedback.

Surprised by the amount of animosity from an opinion poll asking for board member's 2c . I didn't say I was going to neg him, just asked for people's opinions. Sheesh! (shrug)

Looks like the seller has used the same listing and picture multiple times, despite the description saying "Actual comic is pictured". Seems like a red flag to me but I guess that's just me. :sorry:

th_multiplelistings_zpsjykiuz8n.png

I think everyone genuinely answered but if this felt like a red flag, why did you bid? Personally, I would leave feedback that I felt appropriate and not post a thread about it. It sucks when you get screwed but the seller made good without any effort on your part. Move on and get an book.

The seller made it right. Sure the auction turned out to be a waste of time but i would just chalk it up as the cost of doing business in this hobby.Higher prices have been paid. My opinion is don't leave feedback at all if you are feeling a little unsatisfied with the whole deal but if you do leave feedback it should be a positive for the quick refund. It's not a perfect world and sometimes things just don't work out so time to move on. Better luck in the future.

There is no need to leave a neutral or a negative.

To tell the truth, I would love to see positives in regards to sellers who have made an innocent mistake and then made it right. It shows that they can act in a mature and professional way.

Thanks for all the input so far.

My primary concerns with the whole experience are that 1) his original listing description and pictures were inaccurate and 2) he uses the same pictures and listing for multiple different books of varying grades.

For those who asked why I purchased if there were red flags, well that's kind of my point - there were no red flags. The seller had a long history of positive feedback. I didn't know he was listing and relisting the same item with the same pics multiple times. If I had known, I would not have purchased. Without action, he will continue doing what he's done in the past and others will end up having the same experience I did.

I have sent a message to the seller thanking him for the quick refund but also letting him know that he should change his listing and pictures to more accurately reflect the item being purchased.

Do not neg. I can see how some sellers may try and take advantage of buyers by listing EVERY listing as 9.8 and whatever returns they get they refund. But this seller seems to be honest about his grades, as he has over 100 listings with only 3 which he describes as 9.8. So my opinion is that he probably had an error in listing it as such and acted responsibly by quickly refunding you.

Move on

To tell the truth, I would love to see positives in regards to sellers who have made an innocent mistake and then made it right. It shows that they can act in a mature and professional way.

But you have no idea if it was an "innocent" mistake. Personally there is no way I would ever leave a positive if I have to return something. There is no way I can compare that to a flawless transaction and rate them the same.

But you have no idea if it was an "innocent" mistake. Personally there is no way I would ever leave a positive if I have to return something. There is no way I can compare that to a flawless transaction and rate them the same.

I am a basket of optimism. If the guy makes it right and my 'ebay sense' says it was a mistake then we are good.

Agreed. I wouldn't leave negative or positive but I would leave a neutral and make note the seller made it right.

Agreed. I'd leave a neutral with zero stars on the "item as described" portion of the rating (if that's possible to do; it's been a long time since I left a neutral, and I don't recall whether the ratings system applies to neutral feedback).

Agreed. I'd leave a neutral with zero stars on the "item as described" portion of the rating (if that's possible to do; it's been a long time since I left a neutral, and I don't recall whether the ratings system applies to neutral feedback).

so just asking.. if you made a mistake, and someone left you a neutral.. youd be cool with it

so just asking.. if you made a mistake, and someone left you a neutral.. youd be cool with it

If I made a mistake like that and wasted the buyer's time, I'd expect a neutral. Why wouldn't I? I call overlooking something that major careless to the point of being unethical.

You flip through every page of every book you sell including moderns looking for defects?

That's incredible.

jeez mistakes happen and he gave a full refund right away. if there had not also been cut outs you would have had an ok book for free.

and the zero star thing is really a killer for a small-time seller so don't be so cavalier about it.

i have gotten neutrals for slow shipping where I gave free comics as an extra. Once I gave a $10-$15 book as a freebie on a $15 sale because of delays in getting it out (did not want to ship during a hurricane) and still got a neutral. people can be so mean.