• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad Business? UPDATE: I'm making the purchase

114 posts in this topic

Sorry Awax but you're now on the list of people who accuse others of being on a list without any verification.

Man who starts list must first start with his name on the list of men who start lists.

-The Sphinx

If this was eBay...

Seller lists book for $150 or best offer.

Someone comes in and offers $125.

Seller accepts.

Deal is done.

Splitting the shipping seems like an added bonus to me... a show of good faith.

However, even on eBay, I've had several people back out in this scenario. Unfortunately, I'm unable to leave a "neg" feedback... and it costs me time and another listing fee.

Should there be a “list” for this?

Confession: I've been impulsive and made offers on eBay which I regretted as well so I can sympathize. Especially when I was first starting out. However, I valued my feedback too much and have always followed through. My error, not the sellers.

Might be Cal's hit list? hm

To me it looked like you agreed to a deal. Here's why.

You say I can offer about $125....seller says $125 is good and you have a deal.

That's where the ambiguity to the deal happened. When you offer money on a book be prepared for the other party to accept. Once they do, you have a deal.

Don't offer anything until you are 100% sure you want to buy something.

My advice.

^^

...GOD BLESS...

jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sorry Awax but you're now on the list of people who accuse others of being on a list without any verification.

I have a feeling you are on more lists than anyone else Kav. lol

Might not be his list to speak of?

If I were the seller I would have not assumed a deal was made. Buyer asked to be given till tomorrow because he had another selling making offers.

To me this is clearly the buyer kicking tires, I wouldn't have assumed there was any commitment from the buyer until hearing back in 24 hours.

Here's a question, should the seller be obligated to hold the book for the buyer? Again if I were the seller and someone else came to me to buy the book, and pay immediately, I'd have sold under the assumption the buyer in this case hadn't committed to making the purchase.

(shrug)

Either way though, the decent thing for the OP to do would have been to immediately contact the seller when he decided he wasn't buying it. Thats just basic common courtesy.

Did it have White pages, if so you are obligated to buy it.

If not, then do whatever you want - I only care about White pages.

I would have pegged you for a cream type of guy!