• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Program Human Torch #6

10 posts in this topic

A Human Torch #6 that I would like to have assessed by the forum before sale. Please note the 1.5 mm pinhole that runs cleanly through the upper left corner of the whole book as well as the pencil writings in the "H" of Human Torch. Otherwise pages internally are white, intact, and no tears.Thank you in advance.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w419/rayraff87/Scan0009_zpsunch66ge.jpg

Scan0009_zpsunch66ge.jpg[/url]

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w419/rayraff87/Scan0010_zps6auwmwcy.jpg

Scan0010_zps6auwmwcy.jpg[/url]

Without the hole and because of the age of the comic I'll go 7.5...and only because of the minor spine roll that I don't notice on the front, but is quite evident when you see the back cover.

I have no idea how a hole through the entire comic effects the grade. We're gonna' have to hear from some forumites with a bit more knowledge on this.

4.0 with the hole....a qualified 7.5?

I have no idea

Maybe if you get enough opinions, you can figure it out. (shrug)

Thank you all for the input. Ninanina, I did not appreciate the slight spine roll until you pointed it out. Nice pick up. I will follow up with results of grading if I go in that direction. [sorry about the "PGM" becoming "Program" - forgot to turn off my text expander.]

I would say 6.0 even with the hole.

Think about it. The amount of cover paper loss due to the hole in minor. Now on the interior I bet if you add up the paper loss from every page it would be about the size of a quarter.

If you had a 7.0/7.5 comic with a quarter size piece out of a page margin would it grade less than 6.0?

My logic anyway. Beautiful comic. Thanks for sharing

I would say 6.0 even with the hole.

Think about it. The amount of cover paper loss due to the hole in minor. Now on the interior I bet if you add up the paper loss from every page it would be about the size of a quarter.

If you had a 7.0/7.5 comic with a quarter size piece out of a page margin would it grade less than 6.0?

My logic anyway. Beautiful comic. Thanks for sharing

I see where you're coming from, but in that scenario I'd prefer a book with a hole in one page (within reason...) than a book with a hole through every page.

I'll guess 5.5, but a 6.0 from CGC wouldn't surprise me. It's an absolute stunner.