• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

submitting my walking dead 100 with kirkman auto

27 posts in this topic

from a resale value persepective, probably not. But if you're a millionaire and you love the comic, dropping $20 to put it in a case and display on your shelf isn't too bad, especially if you paid cover for the comic and got the signature for free.

Careful you will have to pay taxes to ship the book to CGC :o

No no no. I was told if you fill out UCC-1 form you get to access your strawman account and not pay taxes, plus all USPS shipping is now free. Just send me $349.95 and I can send you a video on how to fill out that form and access your straw man account!

from a resale value persepective, probably not. But if you're a millionaire and you love the comic, dropping $20 to put it in a case and display on your shelf isn't too bad, especially if you paid cover for the comic and got the signature for free.

this...

For questions like this - you may want to qualify what you mean by "worth it" - Revat hit it on the head - in that there is no real $$ resale value in slabbing this through CGC as they do not verify signatures after the fact. The signature series that CGC offers REQUIRES that there is a certified witness to the signature.

Higher grade books - get the green label - meaning a qualified grade. The green labels are a kiss of death to many collectors - so even though the only real difference between the green label and a blue one - is the autograph, it still means the majority of the time - FMV is less with the green label.

And by majority - I mean the planets have to align for the green label to sell for more than blue (or close to the same). It does happen - but this is the exception.

As a collector - if you are just looking for that added slab protection - then slab away!!!! I have several sketch covers that I will be doing this to - more to protect the book and allow for me to show off both the front and back of the cover.

CC was taking in generalities - probably trying to make sure the OP knows that they will not get a sig series label for the book no matter what.

#2 on your list - may only apply to lower grade books - if the book grade typically allows for writing - that is how you can get a blue label (or like 3 -- you can ask for blue but higher grades will take a hit).

CC was taking in generalities - probably trying to make sure the OP knows that they will not get a sig series label for the book no matter what.

#2 on your list - may only apply to lower grade books - if the book grade typically allows for writing - that is how you can get a blue label (or like 3 -- you can ask for blue but higher grades will take a hit).

I don't believe it only applies to low grade. Here is an 8.0 blue.

tal4.4888a.jpg

tal4.4888a.jpg

Perfect example of #3 (Blue label, but a hit on the overall grade).

#3 says written on cover...that TOS 39 8.0 is written inside. It's #2

So it does.

This is actually a mix of 2 & 3. Unverified sig, blue label, hit on grade (I'm assuming the sig caused a hit).

tal4.4888a.jpg

lol - I did not want to go overboard with details. By lower - I really meant lower than the 9s. I do not have my overstreet nearby (and of course CGC is not always aligned 100% with OS) - but there is a defined level where a name written on the inside is allowable. Depending on all of the other grading factors - the book may not get a hit on grade for blue label. Same thing for external writing (but the threshold grade is lower for this)

The example (nice comic) is a great one. Do you know the history - and if the option for green/blue label was offered?

#3 says written on cover...that TOS 39 8.0 is written inside. It's #2

So it does.

This is actually a mix of 2 & 3. Unverified sig, blue label, hit on grade (I'm assuming the sig caused a hit).

I think a better way to look at it - is that the "#2" statement is not 100% true.

You have a book that is 9.8 - but signed inside by anyone - would not get a 9.8.

Same book - but say it has the other characteristics of a 8.0 - a simple internal sig may not cause a grade hit at all. External sharpie sig - would get green or affect grade.

Same book - as a 5.0 --- internal or external signature - probably does not affect grade at all.

note that the grade limits I am using - pulling them out of a hat - I do not know if CGC sets hard limits for this.

Would be interesting if jaybuck had more infor on the specific book. If there was indeed a grade hit for the sig - that is painful (given the specific book and specific sig). Would be awesome if CGC would offer 3rd party verification for something like this - since the value shift for this book is significant every grade bump/drop.