• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreaming Eagles #1 s/s op w/the original surviving TUSAGEE AIRMEN

111 posts in this topic

Wrapped up signing with Dr. Roscoe Brown yesterday----Garth Ennis & chainnball (Brian Kondravy) in attendance!

roscoe1.JPG

roscoe2.JPG

roscoe3.jpg

roscoe4.jpg

roscoe5.jpg

Very sad news today. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/roscoe-brown-jr-tuskegee-airman-educator-dies-94-40348801

I'm very grateful to have something to remember such a great person and genuine American hero.

:cry:

Wrapped up signing with Dr. Roscoe Brown yesterday----Garth Ennis & chainnball (Brian Kondravy) in attendance!

roscoe1.JPG

roscoe2.JPG

roscoe3.jpg

roscoe4.jpg

roscoe5.jpg

Very sad news today. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/roscoe-brown-jr-tuskegee-airman-educator-dies-94-40348801

I'm very grateful to have something to remember such a great person and genuine American hero.

Me too.

:(

An overdue update on these books----sorry for the hold up, but here's where we're at and the reason why these books are behind.

THE GOOD NEWS----you all get your 9.8 copies, it doesn't look like anyone will be shorted what they asked for.

The BAD NEWS----I couldn't get anyone else on these other than Stewart & Brown.

The reason why these are delayed, there was a strong opportunity for me to add more Tuskegee Airmen on these books at minimal to almost zero additional cost. Rather than post the opportunity that was potentially in front of me, I opted to wait to see how it played out.

The gentleman who acted as my liaison for this signing told me about a Tuskegee Airmen convention that was happening in July. There was a really good shot at getting more airmen on these books if we were able to figure out how to coordinate this event with our own schedules as well as the people promoting the show. I didn't want to even mention the event until I knew it was a done deal, just in case it fell through. Sadly, we were not able to make this happen, even though we both tried right up to the last minute.

All that said, with our best efforts, including trying to reach out again to one of the airmen who lives out by me, all the books had to go into the shop as is with Stewart & Brown.

I really wanted to try and add more people to this without having to crack out books down the road.

The labels will be something special though, as they will be indicative of "signed by Lt. Col. Harry Stewart and Capt. Roscoe Brown of the Tuskegee Airmen" and I think everyone will agree it'll be well worth the wait. These books look great, and most people selected the 1/100 HOAKNES variant which is just a stellar looking book.

The signatures look nice (albeit small, but clean and legible)

Everything should be shipping out sometime early September.

Thank you again to everyone who took part in this signing---I know that Garth Ennis was excited to meet Dr. Brown at the event, and I'm looking forward to presenting him (Ennis) with a 9.8 slabbed s/s copy for himself.

Thank you to my witnesses who helped execute and to Chuck Mason for putting this whole thing together!

I'm so pumped to add this book to my collection!

:whee:

One of the best opps ever Rich - you are the man!

Hey, I appreciate ALL of your efforts to line up as many as you could. I simply cannot thank you enough for setting this up ... hell, I'd have been happy with just one sig, so 2 is a bonus. I certainly look forward to seeing that final piece this fall.