• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreaming Eagles #1 s/s op w/the original surviving TUSAGEE AIRMEN

111 posts in this topic

What an AMAZING opportunity!

As a 7th grade SS teacher I am always reaching for ways to make connections with our curriculum to WWII, and have two Tuskegee Airmen pieces displayed prominently in my classroom. Just this week we did a 90-minute activity where I asked my kids to go back in time to June, 1945, and pour over data to decide if we should use the Atom Bomb to try and end the war, or if we should instead choose a different path.

Anyway, I have my own Hoknes Retailer variant that I will be sending. Please add any and all Tuskegee Airmen to the signing of mine as well. Much respect to Garth, but just the Airmen on mine, please.

And I cannot thank you enough for this opportunity to add a treasured piece to my collection.

:takeit:

I'd like a #1 Stelfreeze variant with Brown & Stewart, plus Ennis and any additional airmen that may become available.

Thanks!

Dreaming Eagles #1 Stelfreeze 1/10 variant (currently only three spots available)

s/s Roscoe Brown & Harry Stewart - $225

Add Garth Ennis for $20

dreaming1variant.jpg

STANDARD COVER ISSUE #2

Dreaming Eagles #2 s/s Roscoe Brown & Harry Stewart - $175

Add Garth Ennis for $20

dreaming2.jpg

:takeit: x 1

Signatures from Brown and Stewart only please.

:censored: Rich...you are a danger to my wallet! :P

First signing is exactly ONE WEEK FROM TODAY, with Roscoe Brown.

That's Tuesday, March 22nd.

Anyone debating mailing a book to me for this event, ALL BOOKS MUST BE IN HAND NO LATER THAN MONDAY, March 21st.

I've received a lot of tire kicker PM's on this one, folks.

There will NOT be a second signing.

If you're mailing a book, best get with me this week. I leave for C2E2 on Thursday.

I return on Sunday.

Monday I prep for this event.

If your books are coming in the mail, you best make sure you've got all your information on your backing boards, payment in full, etc.

DO NOT pick up some eBay wins and then have them blindly sent to me.

These will be ignored. This is happening way too much lately, people are buying eBay books, then they show up from the seller and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

Boardies who are having me provide books, your invoices will go out after the first signing.

We're still waiting on confirmation from a third Airman----once there is a confirmation on Charles McGee or any other potential surviving airman for this signing, I will let everyone know via this thread and PM.

Like all my other signings, these books are guaranteed 9.8 or you don't pay.

I'm a bit limited on the variant covers, but here's what I have unlimited access to.

STANDARD COVER ISSUE #1

Dreaming Eagles #1 s/s Roscoe Brown & Harry Stewart - $175

Add Garth Ennis for $20

dreamingeagles1.jpg

:takeit: just Brown and Stewart.

First signing is exactly ONE WEEK FROM TODAY, with Roscoe Brown.

That's Tuesday, March 22nd.

Anyone debating mailing a book to me for this event, ALL BOOKS MUST BE IN HAND NO LATER THAN MONDAY, March 21st.

I've received a lot of tire kicker PM's on this one, folks.

There will NOT be a second signing.

If you're mailing a book, best get with me this week. I leave for C2E2 on Thursday.

I return on Sunday.

Monday I prep for this event.

If your books are coming in the mail, you best make sure you've got all your information on your backing boards, payment in full, etc.

DO NOT pick up some eBay wins and then have them blindly sent to me.

These will be ignored. This is happening way too much lately, people are buying eBay books, then they show up from the seller and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

Boardies who are having me provide books, your invoices will go out after the first signing.

We're still waiting on confirmation from a third Airman----once there is a confirmation on Charles McGee or any other potential surviving airman for this signing, I will let everyone know via this thread and PM.

Sending it out this week!

Our first signing date (Roscoe Brown) had been moved from Tue. 3/22 to Wed. 3/30----so there's a week window in there before we get started.

Garth Ennis will be with us at this event as well, so if there are boardies out there looking to get any Ennis books signed please PM me right away.

I picked up some more stock at Third Eye this week, and was surprised to see another variant cover! So I do have about 5 solid copies of the Third Eye variant for issue #2 if there's anyone interested in that cover.

Same cost as the standard covers, $175 for the event.

3a2bdafd-5540-46c3-b12d-9d8cc9d23480.jpg

Dreaming Eagles #1 retailer variant (currently only three spots available)

*(I've heard there was a print run of 100 copies on this, but have no real confirmation)

s/s Roscoe Brown & Harry Stewart - $275

Add Garth Ennis for $20

dreamingvariant.jpg

:takeit:

As with everyone else I'll take all the airmen you can get

You can leave off Garth

I'VE GOT FIVE (5) MORE OF THESE VARIANTS IN HAND FOR THE SIGNING.

If there's anyone who still wants in on this signing, I've secured a total of 25 of these covers----and to confirm, yes, there were ONLY 100 of these printed.

I've got 5 more that I can spare for this event.

Dreaming Eagles #1 retailer variant (currently only three spots available)

*(I've heard there was a print run of 100 copies on this, but have no real confirmation)

s/s Roscoe Brown & Harry Stewart - $275

Add Garth Ennis for $20

dreamingvariant.jpg

So UPDATE----and minor setback.

I was LITERALLY on the way to the train station for the signing with Roscoe Brown when I got a phone call that we had to reschedule due to health issues. He's in the hospital recuperating and is expected to be just fine. I'll post more after we reschedule and complete his part of the signing.

In the meantime, I am making arrangements to fly out to Harry Stewart later in the month.

More as this develops.

Also, please, rather than post condolences, acknowledgements and such re: Roscoe's health, etc---please refrain. I really want to keep this thread clean for strictly updates on the signing itself.

Thank you.

More information as it comes in the next 24 hrs----but there's a VERY good possibility that I can get two more airmen (Bomber pilots!!!) at the same signing as Harry Stewart.

I'm awaiting details now----cost would be an additional $50 per.

If this is something you'd like to explore, we'll post it up ASAP!

Are these Tuskegee pilots too?

I thought they only flew the Mustangs, not the bombers.

More information as it comes in the next 24 hrs----but there's a VERY good possibility that I can get two more airmen (Bomber pilots!!!) at the same signing as Harry Stewart.

I'm awaiting details now----cost would be an additional $50 per.

If this is something you'd like to explore, we'll post it up ASAP!