• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyLites+

63 posts in this topic

For my more expensive raw comics I use this

Mylite 2 + Fullback inside a golden age archive. I have my Flash run that way and it's awesome

any chance you could snap a picture of this?

+1

Let me chime in.

Bronze comic in 775M2 Mylite2 and fullback then fitted into #825 Archives sleeve (front):

IMG_6682_zps4sbxkd1m.jpg

Bronze comic in 775M2 Mylite2 and fullback then fitted into #825 Archives sleeve (back). Mylite2 creased at bottom and tucked into sleeve. This negates the need for tape.

IMG_6683_zpsyxcx2yvq.jpg

Bronze-Silver comics in 775M2 Mylite2s with fullback in #825 Archives sleeves, stored in magazine box:

IMG_6680_zpszb2f69q6.jpg

(Sorry for the repeat information, Preston)

Mylite 2 + Fullback inside a golden age archive. I have my Flash run that way and it's awesome

+1

Let me chime in.

Bronze comic in 775M2 Mylite2 and fullback then fitted into #825 Archives sleeve (front):

IMG_6682_zps4sbxkd1m.jpg

Bronze comic in 775M2 Mylite2 and fullback then fitted into #825 Archives sleeve (back). Mylite2 creased at bottom and tucked into sleeve. This negates the need for tape.

IMG_6683_zpsyxcx2yvq.jpg

Bronze-Silver comics in 775M2 Mylite2s with fullback in #825 Archives sleeves, stored in magazine box:

IMG_6680_zpszb2f69q6.jpg

:applause:

+1

Let me chime in.

IMG_6682_zps4sbxkd1m.jpg

IMG_6683_zpsyxcx2yvq.jpg

IMG_6680_zpszb2f69q6.jpg

:applause:

That's how I have my Flash run and it looks great and is very protective.

I'll snap some photos today

I've used the mylite2s and fullbacks for awhile but I've recently been using more of the archives. Mainly, because I find myself looking through books for one reason or another more these days and I don't like tape. I tried the mylite+ but found them to be on the flimsy side. So if you're really picky, stick with the mylite2s.

Avoid archives at all costs. Archives are so stiff that I once tore an expensive book when I caught it on the edge of the Archive (or a comparable product from Bill Cole Enterprises).

Also, most Archives are open at the top, which allows air to get to the comic book, which causes deterioration.

Just threw out all of my "Ultras" - great protection but way too stiff and too tight for SA books. AND they do pose a threat to everything around them.

The Archives with the small folded over flaps have really stayed beautifully clear but i cringe every time I want to take a book out of one. They can cut like a razor and get hung up on any little tear or rough spot.

I keep everything I own that's SA and worth $10+ in Mylite 2's with Fullbacks... (thumbs u

You guys (and gals?) are awesome!

Question: How do you even use the 4mil MyLites and half-back??? (I actually do 'know how to use them', but see below)

I have them in my house as we speak and getting the damn comic in is a freakin' chore! Then it looks 'wavy' after it is in. It just seems like a really tight fit that the ML2/full-back doesn't have. I want to use them since I spent good money on them, it just doesn't seem feasible.

You most likely are not using the right size. Mylars come in various sizes, from around 7.25 to 8.75 in width. Trying to put a silver age book in a modern mylar will give the book that effect.

You guys (and gals?) are awesome!

Question: How do you even use the 4mil MyLites and half-back??? (I actually do 'know how to use them', but see below)

I have them in my house as we speak and getting the damn comic in is a freakin' chore! Then it looks 'wavy' after it is in. It just seems like a really tight fit that the ML2/full-back doesn't have. I want to use them since I spent good money on them, it just doesn't seem feasible.

I don't like them for these reasons as well.

I've used the mylite2s and fullbacks for awhile but I've recently been using more of the archives. Mainly, because I find myself looking through books for one reason or another more these days and I don't like tape. I tried the mylite+ but found them to be on the flimsy side. So if you're really picky, stick with the mylite2s.

Avoid archives at all costs. Archives are so stiff that I once tore an expensive book when I caught it on the edge of the Archive (or a comparable product from Bill Cole Enterprises).

Also, most Archives are open at the top, which allows air to get to the comic book, which causes deterioration.

Just threw out all of my "Ultras" - great protection but way too stiff and too tight for SA books. AND they do pose a threat to everything around them.

The Archives with the small folded over flaps have really stayed beautifully clear but i cringe every time I want to take a book out of one. They can cut like a razor and get hung up on any little tear or rough spot.

I keep everything I own that's SA and worth $10+ in Mylite 2's with Fullbacks... (thumbs u

I'm pretty sure it was one of those 4-mils with the little flap that tore my comic as well. Those are the WORST.

You most likely are not using the right size. Mylars come in various sizes, from around 7.25 to 8.75 in width. Trying to put a silver age book in a modern mylar will give the book that effect.

Moderns (for the most part) into Standard size MyLites4. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I've never tried to insert the board and comic at the same time. Usually I put the board in and then the comic. May work so I'll have to give it a go!

This thread is Gold, Jerry, GOLD ... (for me)

Thanks again y'all!

Moderns (for the most part) into Standard size MyLites4. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I've never tried to insert the board and comic at the same time. Usually I put the board in and then the comic. May work so I'll have to give it a go!

This thread is Gold, Jerry, GOLD ... (for me)

Thanks again y'all!

Right secure the comic with the board in the M2 and then place that in the M4 and report back on the wavy factor. That little wave factor if still slightly prevalent might just end up being the difference between the M4 bags and the actual L archives series. Because you can clearly see in letsgrumble's pic presentation wise he has a perfect configuration of support, stiffness, and flatness but I think you have a different bag.