• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 1...................... Northland.

56 posts in this topic

Certainly nicer than the Northland copy (to me).

... definitely. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'll go a step further and say that ALL 9.4s should look that way. Unfortunately that is not the case.

That Northland book has a terrible wrap, pre-Marvel chipping and soft corners.

Top edge looks like a little chatter up there as well. Kudos to the buyer who wastes $135k on that one.

GT's copy is solid! (thumbs u

Nuff said.

My old copy with SP

<a  href=Dscf6878.jpg' alt='Dscf6878.jpg'>

That is a book I'd love to see in the flesh....... decent wrap and I'm betting the colors would shame a similar copy when placed side by side..... this would be a good book for the White PQ argument..... but it's fixed price.... and I'm betting it won't last the week. GOD BLESS...

I might have a candidate for a similar copy and colors.

aMJeyI.jpg

Barton your books are incredible !

.... now that's a museum copy....... any background on it.... ? or was it purchased already slabbed ? GOD BLESS....

It was already slabbed when I bought it way back in 2000. I resubbed it in 2008 and no luck. I'm thinking I should try again.

Now wouldn't you be afraid of any possible handling damage in the re-encapsulation process? What about SCS if the book is shipped back and moves within the well? I have some books that are loose in the slab and any tipping of the case causes them to shuffle and move within. I'd have too much anxiety over any potential re-sub damage on that book. Maybe I'm just being paranoid :(

That Northland book has a terrible wrap, pre-Marvel chipping and soft corners.

Top edge looks like a little chatter up there as well. Kudos to the buyer who wastes $135k on that one.

GT's copy is solid! (thumbs u

Nuff said.

My old copy with SP

:o

I sold that book in 2012.

What I will say, and may Odin

strike me down - this book had

zero transparency from the inside

cover to the outside. Solid in every

way. What you see in that pic is

natural light and zero post-production

hokum.

I took about 50 pics in varying light

and it still looked like a rack fresh book!

It was a rack fresh, hot

color.. freak! With just a touch

of pro ct and a tiny piece replacement.

I'll dig up the CGC pic if anyone

would enjoy.

I sold that book in 2012.

What I will say, and may Odin

strike me down - this book had

zero transparency from the inside

cover to the outside. Solid in every

way. What you see in that pic is

natural light and zero post-production

hokum.

I took about 50 pics in varying light

and it still looked like a rack fresh book!

It was a rack fresh, hot

color.. freak! With just a touch

of pro ct and a tiny piece replacement.

I'll dig up the CGC pic if anyone

would enjoy.

yes please :whee:

Now wouldn't you be afraid of any possible handling damage in the re-encapsulation process? What about SCS if the book is shipped back and moves within the well? I have some books that are loose in the slab and any tipping of the case causes them to shuffle and move within. I'd have too much anxiety over any potential re-sub damage on that book. Maybe I'm just being paranoid :(

I'm kind of paranoid about it too. I've submitted bigger books at shows to at least avoid shipping issues in one direction. Though that's more about lost packages than SCS.

And when I had any books that were really loose in the slabs, I re-subbed them at shows too.

But I think the same problems can come up any time a CGC book is shipped. I've had virgin books shipped directly to me from CGC arrive with SCS. It's an unfortunate part of collecting slabbed books.

Onsite grading can eliminate the concern with shipping. Unfortunately, there's reason to be concerned that the grading process has even more wobble than usual.

The 9.6 resub could look good in the registry..... and it does look as good as many 9.6 scans of similar books that I've seen.... but I would be reluctant as well. All it would take is one spine stress added during removal, which can happen and that 9.6 possibility goes out the window. It's already a stunner.... and a 9.4 is pretty lofty in it's own right. GOD BLESS...

Onsite grading can eliminate the concern with shipping. Unfortunately, there's reason to be concerned that the grading process has even more wobble than usual.

True. But in my case, I was just submitting the books to CGC. It wasn't for onsite grading.

An in-person walkthrough would be my choice...... but you may just end up spending 3K for another 9.4..... but it does look like a good candidate. GOD BLESS...

An in-person walkthrough would be my choice...... but you may just end up spending 3K for another 9.4..... but it does look like a good candidate. GOD BLESS...

Yup, I think in-person walk-thru would be the way to go. But even that wouldn't be stress free for me. When I moved cross country a year and half ago, I had 7 or 8 books with me in a carry-on bag. The time I placed the bag on the conveyor belt to the time I picked it up after getting through the body scanner thing seemed like forever.

This book just went up on Clink @ $ 135K ............. 9.4 with white pages. Northlands have incredible color and gloss..... someone should pounce on this book. GOD BLESS...

I always felt CGC was easy on pedigrees with pre marvel chipping.

If that 9.4 were mine Barton...i'd leave it alone. I've seen some really bad stories of downgrades due to mishandling. I'd just be happy knowing it's probably a 9.6 in that case and when the time comes to sell (if ever), you ask a serious premium. Because the next guy might take that chance.

At least, i'm too chicken to do it. lol

Such a beautiful freak of nature book. If only it had WHITE PAGES. :) I joke!