• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OLD SCARCE FUNNY BOOKS FOX, FIGHTERS, NEDOR, and a LOT of SURPRISES.

172 posts in this topic

Updated list

And ...what's left!

Page 1

Feature Funnies #2, 1937.Introducing the Hawk. Amazingly nice supple pages for a book this old. Centerfold is detached, There is a 1.5 cover spine split at the top, some dirt and creasing on the back. There is a 1/2" tear on the back. Grade is Good+ (2.5) , OSG in Good is $136.00 VG is $272 Bin is $125.00

Sparkler

Nice pages, tears at the top staple, it's still holding on, but barely. Nice color and gloss on the book. Small crease lower right and the book has a lengthway crease going 1/2 way down the front. It's slightly miscut as well. Small tear in the middle of the spine. Grade is VG OSG is $74 bin is $60

Forgot this one

Masked Marvel #3, Centaur $200

I also have a Boy Commandos #1 in the other thread, and that's a very cool book as well.

Sparkler #8. 1942. Nice color and gloss, crease lower right, name in ink at the top of the cover, small tear on the back. There is dirt and some stains. Tear at top staple, cover is still attached, but barely. Grade is VG-, OSG is $74 in VG, bin is $50.

sparkler%208_0001.jpg

sparkler%208_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Sold! Thanks, Greg!

I'm planning on part 2, tomorrow at around 10am (if I can wake up;) Some #1's, a Fox, Lou Fine, an exciting, thrilling, fighting, mystery morning!

Updated list

And ...what's left!

Page 1

Feature Funnies #2, 1937.Introducing the Hawk. Amazingly nice supple pages for a book this old. Centerfold is detached, There is a 1.5 cover spine split at the top, some dirt and creasing on the back. There is a 1/2" tear on the back. Grade is Good+ (2.5) , OSG in Good is $136.00 VG is $272 Bin is $125.00

Sparkler

Nice pages, tears at the top staple, it's still holding on, but barely. Nice color and gloss on the book. Small crease lower right and the book has a lengthway crease going 1/2 way down the front. It's slightly miscut as well. Small tear in the middle of the spine. Grade is VG OSG is $74 bin is $60

Forgot this one

Masked Marvel #3, Centaur $200

I also have a Boy Commandos #1 in the other thread, and that's a very cool book as well.

Since there are only 3 books left, take 10% off anything left in this thread.

My apologies, I'm going to be slow this morning because I had planned to have the 2nd sale next week and I'm not quite ready, but I should have 20 books listed by the end of the morning...I hope;)

1st book and it's nice.

Exciting #10, 2nd appearance of the Black Terror. Nedor.

The book has great color and gloss, the cover is split and detached from the book. The book has nice pages and is not a common one. Grade is Fair. Bin is $225

exciting%2010.jpg

exciting%2010_0001_1.jpg

exciting%2010_0002.jpg

exciting%2010_0003.jpg

It always takes me a while to catch up when the clocks change;)

Thrilling #2,

The 1st time Dr Strange is called Doc Strange, the Origin and the first appearance of the Woman in Red. She was the FIRST female masked crime fighter, she appeared one month after Fatomah appeared in Jungle 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_in_Red_(comics)

This is a scarce book, and it's in nice shape (1940) There are only 4 on the census.

There are 4 small pieces of tape inside the cover spine, so my guess is, the cover was removed to put them there. At the bottom there is a very small amount of color

under the tape. Now I'm guessing that someone could remove that piece with the color, but I haven't considered it;) it looks perfectly ok to me as is. There is a splash of what looks like coffee stain on one of the Woman in Red pages. The Woman in Red, BTW, is

Grade is an apparent 6.0 with slight A (the color on the tape). I'm pricing it above guide, but try and find a copy. Bin is $775.00

thrilling%20comics%202_0001.jpg

thrilling%20comics%202_0002.jpg

thrilling%202%20reda.jpg

th_thrilling%202%20photo%20front.jpg

th_thrilling%202%20red.jpg

th_thrilling%202.jpg

th_thrilling%202a.jpg

th_thrilling%202b.jpg

th_thrilling%202c.jpg

Four Favorites 15

An Ace comic, and like many of those books, it's scarce, with only 4 on the census. Published in 1944. Heritage had a note about only seeing 2 copies.

At first glance, the book looks to be at least Fine, but again, there are a few "buts'.

There is a piece of tape over what looks to be a small spine split at the bottom two pieces of tape inside and one on the back. There is also something that might be some glue painted over the left edge at the bottom, I don't think it's color touch but it's not consistent with the rest of the cover. Pages are in the white white range and very nice.

Bin is .$165 Sold to Tyler, thanks!

4%20favorites%2015_0001.jpg

four%20favorites%2015_0002.jpg

th_four%20favorites%205.jpg

th_four%20favorites%204.jpg

th_four%20favorites%203.jpg

th_four%20favorites%202.jpg

th_four%20favorites%201.jpg

Major Victory #1 Chesler. Origin Major Victory, 1st Spider Woman ! I bet you didn't know she was a blonde!

There is a piece of tape at the top of the spine, and there is color on the tape. There is a spine split midway about 2.5 inches. The centerfold is detached and split about 1" at the top. Grade is Good- ( I guess you can add slight A if it matters) and the bin is $95Sold to Shrevvy, thanks Joe!

major%20victory%201_0001.jpg

major%20victory%201_0002.jpg

major%20victory%201%20spider_1.jpg

:hi:you are up early :)

Ha - I'm usually up around 6 am - often earlier on week days. We've got about three inches of fresh snow here - need to get the dogs out before it melts!

:hi:you are up early :)

Ha - I'm usually up around 6 am - often earlier on week days. We've got about three inches of fresh snow here - need to get the dogs out before it melts!

Are you teaching them to shovel;)?