• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OLD SCARCE FUNNY BOOKS FOX, FIGHTERS, NEDOR, and a LOT of SURPRISES.

172 posts in this topic

Captain Tootsie #1, This one is a little later, it's 1950, but it's got a cool cover. Toby Press.

There are two small cover chips one at the top and one at the bottom, with a tiny tear at the top, dirt on the back, but not as much as the scan shows. It's got great gloss and color.. Book is very supple. Grade is VG/F or maybe a drop better. OSG in VG is $64, in Fine $96, bin is $75.00

captain%20tootsie_0001.jpg

captain%20tootsie_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Rex Dexter #1, Fox Publications 1940. Nice color and gloss, a store stamp and an add for Samson 1 on the back cover. Sci Fi Cover and Foxes are the latest craze;) . There is something going on in the inside of the front cover, the paper might have been damp and stuck. The bottom staple it detached from the cover. Dirt on the spine, a 1" cover split at the top and the dirt on the back with a 2nd store stamp.. Grade is Gd/VG . This is a one shot and one with the wrong back cover sold for $112 recently, this has it's own cover;). bin is $325

rex%20dexter_0001.jpg

rex%20dexter_0002.jpg

rexa_1.jpg

Hit Comics #13. Lou Fine Cover. The Red Bee, Hercules. Scarce, only 7 on the Census, great Quality stories. Blazing colors, nice pages.

There is a 1/2 " cover spine split at the top. Vertical crease, from the bottom up, a little more than 1/2 way. Pencil mark. Grade is VG+ (4.5) or maybe slightly better. Bin $450

hit%20comics%2013_0001.jpg

hit%20comics%2013_0002.jpg

Click to enlarge.

th_hit%2013%201.jpg

th_hit%2013%202.jpg

th_hit%2013%203.jpg

th_hit%2013%204.jpg

th_hit%2013%205.jpg

th_hit%2013%206.jpg

th_hit%2013%207.jpg

Gorgeous Hit! Nice pick up. :applause:

Captain Tootsie #1, This one is a little later, it's 1950, but it's got a cool cover. Toby Press.

There are two small cover chips one at the top and one at the bottom, with a tiny tear at the top, dirt on the back, but not as much as the scan shows. It's got great gloss and color.. Book is very supple. Grade is VG/F or maybe a drop better. OSG in VG is $64, in Fine $96, bin is $75.00

captain%20tootsie_0001.jpg

captain%20tootsie_0002.jpg

What classic irony: a guy named Capt, Tootsie has a green mist behind him...

lol

These books are still available.

Updated list

And ...what's left!

Page 1

Feature Funnies #2, 1937.Introducing the Hawk. Amazingly nice supple pages for a book this old. Centerfold is detached, There is a 1.5 cover spine split at the top, some dirt and creasing on the back. There is a 1/2" tear on the back. Grade is Good+ (2.5) , OSG in Good is $136.00 VG is $272 Bin is $125.00

Masked Marvel #3, Centaur $200

I also have a Boy Commandos #1 in the other thread, and that's a very cool book as well.

page 10

page 12

Air FIghters #1. Bin is $350.

page 13

page 13

Shadow Comics Vol 1 #11, Street and Smith.Bin is $175.00

Shadow Comics . Vol II #2.on the Indicia, but the GCD says it's Vol II #1. Bin is $275.00.

Shadow Comics Vol 6, #7. The paper is thinner on this cover, it's from 1946, and it's glossier. There is a corner crease lower right and some overall creasing, it's in the VG+ to maybe a little better range. OSG in VG is $82. Bin is $70.00

page 15

Nice pages, tears at the top staple, it's still holding on, but barely. Nice color and gloss on the book. Small crease lower right and the book has a lengthway crease going 1/2 way down the front. It's slightly miscut as well. Small tear in the middle of the spine. Grade is VG OSG is $74 bin is $60

sparkler%205_0001.jpg

sparkler%205_0002.jpg

I'll take this one, too :)

Nice pages, tears at the top staple, it's still holding on, but barely. Nice color and gloss on the book. Small crease lower right and the book has a lengthway crease going 1/2 way down the front. It's slightly miscut as well. Small tear in the middle of the spine. Grade is VG OSG is $74 bin is $60

sparkler%205_0001.jpg

sparkler%205_0002.jpg

I'll take this one, too :)

Thanks, Steve:) Sold!

]These books are still available. and I will take 10% any purchases on this list. There will be no further discounts on these books.

Page 1

Feature Funnies #2, 1937.Introducing the Hawk. Amazingly nice supple pages for a book this old. Centerfold is detached, There is a 1.5 cover spine split at the top, some dirt and creasing on the back. There is a 1/2" tear on the back. Grade is Good+ (2.5) , OSG in Good is $136.00 VG is $272 Bin is $125.00

Masked Marvel #3, Centaur $200

I also have a Boy Commandos #1 in the other thread, . This book is available until 9 pm est.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=403484&Number=9216567#Post9216567

page 10

Exciting #10, 2nd appearance of the Black Terror. Nedor.

Grade is Fair. Bin is $225

Thrilling #2,

The 1st time Dr Strange is called Doc Strange, the Origin and the first appearance of the Woman in Red. She was the FIRST female masked crime fighter, she appeared one month after Fatomah appeared in Jungle 2. Grade is an apparent 6.0 with slight A (the color on the tape). I'm pricing it above guide, but try and find a copy. Bin is $775.00

page 12

Air FIghters #1. Bin is $350.

page 13

Spotlight Comics #1. 1944 Chesler.Bin is $175.

page 13

Shadow Comics Vol 1 #11, Street and Smith.Bin is $175.00

Shadow Comics . Vol II #2.on the Indicia, but the GCD says it's Vol II #1. Bin is $275.00.

Shadow Comics Vol 6, #7. The paper is thinner on this cover, it's from 1946, and it's glossier. There is a corner crease lower right and some overall creasing, it's in the VG+ to maybe a little better range. OSG in VG is $82. Bin is $70.00

page 15

Rex Dexter #1, Fox Publications 1940. . bin is $325

I'm going to make it 4 more books, apparently my scanner and Windows 10 hate each other, so I'm going to reinstall everything tomorrow;)

Police Comics #3, The great Will Eisner did the inking on this cover. Firebrand, The 3rd Phantom Lady, 3rd Plastic Man. Human Bomb Story. These books are really wonderful and of course, since it's from 1941, not easy to find. There are 2 small pieces of tape, on the front page covering someone's name. Nice looking book, with the cover detached. Grade is Good+, (2.5) but it would restore to a much higher grade. Great color on the cover and gloss and like ever other great old book, these are going up. A 2.5 #1 sold recently for over $4500 , if the cover were not detached, this would be way better than 2.5.It might even be a 3.0 now.

Bin is ]$475 .

police3_0001.jpg

police3_0002.jpg

police%20a_0001.jpg

police3_0003.jpg

Western Adventures 1948 . Beautiful colors, a small amount of creasing near the spine and a tiny tear near the top edge, it's still easily in Fine Condition. Someone asked if I had more books by Ace Publications, here is one. $72.00

Sold to Norrin's lawyer

western%20adventures_0001.jpg

western%20adventures_0002.jpg