• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OLD SCARCE FUNNY BOOKS FOX, FIGHTERS, NEDOR, and a LOT of SURPRISES.

172 posts in this topic

Major Victory #3,Rocket Boy appearance, this one has a great cover. There is a small tear on the back cover and some dirt, there is some non color breaking creasing on the front. Grade is VG. Bin is $125.00Major Victory 3 sold to Roger 66, thanks!

major%20victory%203_0001.jpg

major%20victory%203_0002.jpg

:hi:you are up early :)

Ha - I'm usually up around 6 am - often earlier on week days. We've got about three inches of fresh snow here - need to get the dogs out before it melts!

Are you teaching them to shovel;)?

:think:

:lol: Nope - just getting the daily walkies in - good for them and good for me!

Major Victory #1 Chesler. Origin Major Victory, 1st Spider Woman ! I bet you didn't know she was a blonde!

There is a piece of tape at the top of the spine, and there is color on the tape. There is a spine split midway about 2.5 inches. The centerfold is detached and split about 1" at the top. Grade is Good- ( I guess you can add slight A if it matters) and the bin is $95

major%20victory%201_0001.jpg

major%20victory%201_0002.jpg

major%20victory%201%20spider_1.jpg

I'll take it and #2

Thanks everyone...here is one while I catch up.

Single Series #22, Iron Vic. United Features 1940. There is another chemistry panel This one has a super hero and baseball stories. It's got great color, nice pages, a small piece off the top of the back cover, and some light creasing/foxing. Grade is VG+, OSG in VG is $68, Fine $102 bin is $65. Sold to cmcfan, thanks Jeff.

single%20series%2022_0001.jpg

single%20series%2022_0002.jpg

single%20series%2022a.jpg

th_iron%20vic%20chem.jpg

Single Series #22, Iron Vic. United Features 1940. There is another chemistry panel This one has a super hero and baseball stories. It's got great color, nice pages, a small piece off the top of the back cover, and some light creasing/foxing. Grade is VG+, OSG in VG is $68, Fine $102 bin is $65.

th_iron%20vic%20chem.jpg

:takeit:

Major Victory #1 Chesler. Origin Major Victory, 1st Spider Woman ! I bet you didn't know she was a blonde!

There is a piece of tape at the top of the spine, and there is color on the tape. There is a spine split midway about 2.5 inches. The centerfold is detached and split about 1" at the top. Grade is Good- ( I guess you can add slight A if it matters) and the bin is $95

major%20victory%201_0001.jpg

major%20victory%201_0002.jpg

major%20victory%201%20spider_1.jpg

I'll take it and #2

Sold to Shrevvy, thanks Joe!

Single Series #22, Iron Vic. United Features 1940. There is another chemistry panel This one has a super hero and baseball stories. It's got great color, nice pages, a small piece off the top of the back cover, and some light creasing/foxing. Grade is VG+, OSG in VG is $68, Fine $102 bin is $65.

th_iron%20vic%20chem.jpg

:takeit:

Sold to cmcfan, thanks Jeff.

Air FIghters #1.

1941. The cover is detached at the bottom staple and the centerfold is detached from the book (but there) there are a few small tears in the centerfold. There is a small piece of tape (probably archival) on the inside bottom right corner. .Corner missing upper left spine (probably a chew). Small chip lower back cover and I'm guessing the staples were replaced. It's an apparent Good/VG with Slight A.

The book was produced by Funnies Inc. It's the only Black Commander, Airboy does not appear. Hilman is the publisher of record. The cover is shinier than the other Hillman books I've owned and it's nicer paper.

OSG good is $242, VG is $452. Bin is $350.

air%20fighters%201_0001.jpg

air%20fighters%201_0002.jpg

Air Fighters # 5 Nice pages, the centerfold is detached. Staples were replaced (you can see the holes at the top. Top staple detached from cover (you can see a chew there) bottom staple rusty and you can see there are two holes that were punched, but this is a a GREAT cover. Apparent good (the staples) and I lowered it a lot for the punch holes. Slight A. Overstreet lists the book as a Japanese Octopus;) War Cover. OSG in Good is $174 bin is $125 Sold to Buttock

air%20fighters%207.jpg

air%20fighters%207b_1.jpg

Air Fighters # 7 The Centerfold is detached, but in nice shape. There is a small piece missing upper left and the upper staple may have been replaced, it's taped and there is a small hole at top near staple, 1/2 " tear on back cover. Spine split about 1/8th of an inch on the bottom of the spine along with all pages, pages are not brittle. Grade is an apparent Gd+ with slight A (the staple). Overstreet calls it a Classic Nazi Swastika War cover. OSG in Good is $187 and in VG is $374. Bin is $160

Sold to RobotMan

air%20fighters%206_0001.jpg

air%20fighters%206_0002.jpg

Air Fighters #10, There is a 1/2 " tear that goes through the entire book, mid spine. Small corner missing back cover at the bottom, hole at top of back cover. Centerfold is detached and has tears on one side, the pages are VERY light (about white) and supple and there is a spine roll. With all of that it's still a solid low grade copy. I'm going to call it Good, because of the tear in the spine. OSG in Good is $90, it's another war cover and look at the giant hand coming up for the tank! Bin is $85.00 Sold to Buttock

air%20fighters%2010.jpg

air%20fighters%2010b.jpg

Air Fighters # 7 The Centerfold is detached, but in nice shape. There is a small piece missing upper left and the upper staple may have been replaced, it's taped and there is a small hole at top near staple, 1/2 " tear on back cover. Spine split about 1/8th of an inch on the bottom of the spine along with all pages, pages are not brittle. Grade is an apparent Gd+ with slight A (the staple). Overstreet calls it a Classic Nazi Swastika War cover. OSG in Good is $187 and in VG is $374. Bin is $160

I'll take it!

Just a note, because someone asked. The pages on all of these books are very supple. There is a book I'm going to post at the end that has some brittleness at the spine, but I will not that. The spine of the cover of the Exciting, split, and that cover is tanned inside, but the pages are nice.

Please continue to ask anything else, except for a list of books I have;) I have a lot, I'm listing 20 of them this morning, lol:)

I'll take it!

Sold to Robot Man:) thank you...these have such cool covers:) Glad you like it:)