• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 64

234 posts in this topic

Are we doing sudden death tonight or tomorrow. I was getting ready to hit the sack,

Keep me posted Prez.

There is no sudden death.

Tell that to Jimbo friend of Jesus

I thought CGC takes off a point or so for heavy dust shadows. I had the 1st books as a 4.5 and took off the point which was not a good idea.

Now I'm very inspired to submit and re-submit most of my books when I get the funds - based on this round of grades, they are much more lax than the old blue label days of 2000-2002, which are when all of my CGC books are from. It's pretty surprising what they allow nowadays. My CGC 9.4's and 9.6's would beat the brakes off of those Star Wars and Spider-Woman books. :):):)

So, what's the story with the pair of double cover Haunted

I picked up a collection of 1970s books. Had two copies of Haunted #1 in it, both were double covers. The first copy shown show in this contest, the original owner, Lucy, had folded over the first cover on to the back cover, keeping the inner outer clean.

Are we doing sudden death tonight or tomorrow. I was getting ready to hit the sack,

Keep me posted Prez.

11 Dark Knight 15-8 5 3 9.2 9.2 20 15 15 18 0 68

14 IncredibleHauck 1-0 5.5 3 9.4 9.4 15 15 18 20 0 68

We have a tie... :gossip:

Keep me posted Prez.

I'll get on overtime book up within the next thirty minutes. Will also send a PM to the two contestants.

So, what's the story with the pair of double cover Haunted

I picked up a collection of 1970s books. Had two copies of Haunted #1 (double cover) in it, both were double covers. The first copy shown show in this contest, the original owner, Lucy, had folded over the first cover on to the back cover, keeping the inner cover clean.

???

I went back and forth on 3.5/4.0 for the Strange Tales Annual #2, 6.0/6.5 for the Haunted #1 and 9.4/9.6 for the Star Wars #2.

Thank you for running this fun tournament, BUTM and sckao!

I will post on the prize thread after I have decided which Batman #358 to donate.

Keep me posted Prez.

I PMed both of them a link to the overtime book.