• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR SALE Brian Bolland Joker sketches

28 posts in this topic

I'm often asked if Brian will take sketch requests or commissions and outside of a show the answer is generally no. And it has been a few years since he attended a US show. If you can't get to one of the few shows he does attend then this may be your chance to score a sketch.

On Friday, to give people a fair crack I will be putting up a few sketches on CAF which Brian is doing, mainly Joker, on Friday afternoon (UK time).

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1302529

I'm often asked if Brian will take sketch requests or commissions and outside of a show the answer is generally no. And it has been a few years since he attended a US show. If you can't get to one of the few shows he does attend then this may be your chance to score a sketch.

On Friday, to give people a fair crack I will be putting up a few sketches on CAF which Brian is doing, mainly Joker, on Friday afternoon (UK time).

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1302529

What is the rough price range and are they all head shots or some busts as well?

Strange process. I messaged through CAF (followed all directions) within a few seconds of them going up, requested "D". Never heard back. And it sat and sat giving all appearance of being still available. Then an hour or two later it was marked "sold". So then I messaged asking for "C", a couple of hours later now, again no replies, still available according to CAF. Wonder what gives?

By all accounts Joe is a standup guy. I have no reason to think otherwise (though we've never previously done business), but still a strange process. The way things look on CAF is weird, as I'm sure all are spoken for but...? Is anybody hearing back on these?

Strange process. I messaged through CAF (followed all directions) within a few seconds of them going up, requested "D". Never heard back. And it sat and sat giving all appearance of being still available. Then an hour or two later it was marked "sold". So then I messaged asking for "C", a couple of hours later now, again no replies, still available according to CAF. Wonder what gives?

By all accounts Joe is a standup guy. I have no reason to think otherwise (though we've never previously done business), but still a strange process. The way things look on CAF is weird, as I'm sure all are spoken for but...? Is anybody hearing back on these?

Same exact experience. I am sure he was inundated with purchase requests. (The D sketch hit 50 views in the first minute.) Don't know if he knew how strong the demand was going to be. (Brian could probably make 100k in a month cranking out a few hundred of these)

I just want a nice Bolland Joker example. :cry:

When I sent my message "D" had 6 views, so maybe another 10 while I c/p my message in? I was early. And I'm okay if somebody beat me, just wondering if Joe why it took so long to mark it "sold" and none of the others are..still?? I'd like to move on with my life ;)

Yeah I had my message already set up and just entered in the letter I wanted and sent it when they went up. Someone has already posted the Batman sketch to their CAF so that one seems to be sold already but not marked.

I figured this was going to be sort of like playing the lottery when that notice he posted up on CAF hit 500 views when it was posted. Bolland Joker is just one of those things everyone wants.