• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.4.16?

130 posts in this topic

So within the next three months we should expect a price increase, right?

Nope that would be next year if I had to guess. However those improved turnaround times are another story.

Just wait and see...before the year ends, another rate hike will come.

So within the next three months we should expect a price increase, right?

Nope that would be next year if I had to guess. However those improved turnaround times are another story.

Just wait and see...before the year ends, another rate hike will come.

I doubt it. Competition tends to drive prices down, not up. A price increase would lose CGC market share. In fact, I'd expect to see membership prices go back down if the recent price hike ends up hurting them (like I think it will).

That video is so edgy and trendy. Pretty soon the kids will be tweeting and texting and facebooking their friends about it. With the instagramming and the snapchatting. Woo boy, video teaser!

I see Michael Meyers' mask in the corner.

fWEoqo.jpg

One investment idea would be to buy the [early 2000's] slabs and regrade them with the new slab in hopes of a better grade and case. Im seeing a lot of potential here for CGC. :popcorn:

ftfy :jokealert:hm

So, I find this strange. Cgc released a teaser trailer for their announcement on 4/4. Who was this aimed at? Everyone who really cares about this is on the boards, and figured out the major details (I.e. new case, new label) so why release the video and wait 3 weeks to make the announcement? This isn't Apple where you need to build up anticipation.

So, I find this strange. Cgc released a teaser trailer for their announcement on 4/4. Who was this aimed at? Everyone who really cares about this is on the boards, and figured out the major details (I.e. new case, new label) so why release the video and wait 3 weeks to make the announcement? This isn't Apple where you need to build up anticipation.

maybe there will be a Keynote for the big reveal

Does anyone remember the dates of the CGC label changes? I noticed that CGC made the font of the back label really small on my slabs last year. I posted this and no one seemed to comment on it. It seems you can get a general idea of when books were graded based on the label changes.