• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help deciding

30 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Hoping to get some advise, I am being offered two books.

Batman Adventures 12 CGC 9.8 WP

OR

Spiderman 129 CGC 9.4 WP.

The Spiderman is a couple of hundred dollars more and I can only get one.

I already have the BA 12 in a 9.6 and the ASM 129 in a 9.2 (both white pages) so either would upgrade my collection.

Which would you get?

How much is the BA 12? $1600-$1800? Where is it trending?

the ASM 129? $1900-$2000 +/-? Where is it trending?

Ebay results on ASM 129 seem to indicate it is about $100-$200 more in this condition.

While I kind of accept IM 55 now being more than ASM 129, that WBN 32 is now a chunk more is weird to me. That GS X-Men 1 in 9.4 is less than WBN 32 is weird to me.

The answer is, I don't know, but in the back of my head I feel like it's more possible there is a long box on BA 12 that has not been uncovered than ASM 129. ASM 129 would seem to have more upward mobility, particularly if they can do him right. Then again, a tough guy with a gun, maybe there's not much to do there anymore.

Since you already have nice copies of each comic, why not focus on a different book? Or is this a partial trade?

Assuming that his question doesn't push you in a different direction -- the ASM 129. Spiderman is always cool, it's a classic cover, and (most importantly) I think the Harley Quinn hype will eventually die *way down.* Spidey is forever. Plus the ASM129 has almost 20 years of extra age on it.

I'd take the ASM 129 mostly because I am a Marvel collector mostly. That and the book is also from the era I started my collection. BA12 is cool to a certain extent but I find that cover a bit too simple for my tastes.

57178418.jpg

Hello All,

OR

I already have the BA 12 in a 9.6 and the ASM 129 in a 9.2 (both white pages) so either would upgrade my collection.

Which would you get?

Beyond saying buy what you like, I can't advice you further

I'd take the ASM 129 mostly because I am a Marvel collector moistly. That and the book is also from the era I started my collection. BA12 is cool to a certain extent but I find that cover a bit too simple for my tastes.

57178418.jpg

oops-- misspelled moistly

mqdefault.jpg

Hello All,

OR

Which would you get?

If you're buying the comic for me, buy me the Spidey. ;)

As for you, only you can decide.

Hello All,

OR

Which would you get?

If you're looking for investment, the jump from a 9.6 to a 9.8 is going to be the greater difference. On the downside, 9.8 prices can fluctuate widely, so if you're looking to flip, I'd stay away.

I'm a bigger ASM/Punisher fan, and that book is iconic to me, so I would always pick the 121 upgrade.