• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My homage to Marvel's First Family

30 posts in this topic

Some of my earliest comic reads were the Fantastic Four. I have the late 70's Pocket Book which reprinted the first 6 issues. I still remember my uncle seeing it in my room circa 1980 and mentioning he had those issues. For a fleeting moment, my hopes rose only to hear the classic refrain "...but my mom threw them out..." lol

So, I did up this latest picture. My attempt was to capture the FF surrounded by key villains/allies in their history in a balanced way. As always, thanks for letting me share!

Before adding color...

001_zpsidymaqkt.jpg

Final product...

002_zpszku3dhvp.jpg

cool

how long does it take to draw something like that? pencils, ink, color etc.

I rarely time myself but I'd guess about 20+ hours. Naturally I rough it in with pencils then ink it followed by art markers with a brush tip. Watching the marker strokes is a challenge. There's a bit of colored pencil and acrylic paint for stars. It's a great way to relax for me. I'm very much aligned with doing "group" illustrations since 2012. I think I might do a new JLA one next.