• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It is time for Comic Book Men to be cancelled

82 posts in this topic

Imagine the mayhem that would ensue if they discussed more about the comics and then declared that Hulk 181 is the first appearance of Wolverine.

Never going to please everyone

Keep in mind that the show doesn't come on late everywhere. It's on at 9pm on the west coast. I still watch it, but usually while surfing the boards or eBay.

The one thing that always bugs me, though, is Mike's negotiations with customers selling something to the store. No matter what dollar amount the customer asks for, Mike always offers them half.

I'm on the west coast and it comes on at midnight on regular Comcast cable. Not sure about dish though.

Imagine the mayhem that would ensue if they discussed more about the comics and then declared that Hulk 181 is the first appearance of Wolverine.

Never going to please everyone

Ha - I agree. No win situation. Enjoy the show for what it's worth. It's the only program on TV that discusses comics. So I'll take it and hope they improve in some areas. Either way, I'm watching.

Don't like the show? Don't watch the show. Pretty easy.

So you've never criticized anything you're saying?

Keep in mind that the show doesn't come on late everywhere. It's on at 9pm on the west coast. I still watch it, but usually while surfing the boards or eBay.

The one thing that always bugs me, though, is Mike's negotiations with customers selling something to the store. No matter what dollar amount the customer asks for, Mike always offers them half.

I'm on the west coast and it comes on at midnight on regular Comcast cable. Not sure about dish though.

Ah. I have DirecTV. It comes on at 9, and then repeats at midnight.

Criticize? Yes. Call for something to be cancelled because I don't enjoy it? No.

That's a form of criticism. Obviously the show will not be cancelled on my say-so. If i say the show is so bad it should be cancelled that's my criticism of the show. I'm sure i could parse your criticisms and say how inappropriate they are.

Don't like my criticisms? Don't read them. Pretty easy.

Criticize? Yes. Call for something to be cancelled because I don't enjoy it? No.

That's a form of criticism. Obviously the show will not be cancelled on my say-so. If i say the show is so bad it should be cancelled that's my criticism of the show. I'm sure i could parse your criticisms and say how inappropriate they are.

Actually not so easy since you seem to inject your opinions in every-other-thread.

Actually not so easy since you seem to inject your opinions in every-other-thread.

Never understood the guys who try to tell others how to act. Frustrated dictators? Hell if I know.

There's an ignore feature and you can easily block me out.

I have no need of that. I have no interest in the ignore feature and quite honestly you don't bother or offend me. Watch the show or don't watch. Means nothing to me. I was just sort of stating the obvious that if the show irks some people then just don't watch it.

It should have never even aired, just like every other reality show ever made. That's why I quit paying for cable around 6 or 8 years ago, every channel, reality 24/7.

I don't understand why TV decided to self destruct. What happened to the specialty channels that played cool documentaries? When I turn on National Geographic I am expecting to see something to do with nature or anthropology, not retards in a airport trying to smuggle bananas

It should have never even aired, just like every other reality show ever made. That's why I quit paying for cable around 6 or 8 years ago, every channel, reality 24/7.

I don't understand why TV decided to self destruct. What happened to the specialty channels that played cool documentaries? When I turn on National Geographic I am expecting to see something to do with nature or anthropology, not retards in a airport trying to smuggle bananas

This is not an answer but I suspect true, actual, documentaries are really expensive undertakings especially considering the return. Now I get it, we always hear about dirt cheap docs from some hell spot in the world, but I mean actually funding things like science, history or exploration related projects are probably relatively expensive, don't return well, and could take a long time.

Reality TV tends to be very cheap and have very good margin returns. From (former) gigantic shows like American Idol to lesser like Long Island Medium, which has to cost nothing, just have a bunch of who believe it.

Also, a lot of what seemed to be the "buzzy" recent docs/historical in nature have turned out to be completely fake nonsense. Do people remember that piece that was done on finding Jesus' family grave that got all kinds of buzz? Yeah it turns out everyone knew that was utter nonsense and it was basically a reality tv show extrapolating information in a way science and the community thinks holds no water.

Foods shows, which everyone love, are super cheap. The Kardashians just signed a HUGE contract and it's amazing that they get paid for basically filming a personal commercial.

Much easier to find rednecks who want to watch Duck Dynasty or Honey Boo Boo, or for some reason be intrigued by how little people live, or care about the wife of athletes in multiple metropolitan areas.

I have to admit I do, or did, like some of the survival shows, and while they are obviously scripted I always viewed them as trying to present ordeals not chronicle them. I like that freshwater fishing show too for some reason, because I don't fish.

I wish that the Tyson's Cosmos maintained it's buzz because it's an actual science show they somehow got on FOX with the Family Guy guy.

I think if we continue to watch what Netflix greenlights we will see what they think people want to watch with their algos.