• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

I know the guy behind this company is a supposed legend, but man, has their grading declined:

Sparkle City

I guess every book in my collection is the NM+ to Mint range if I was ever to sell out to them. :P

This one is VF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-106-VF-8-0-HIGH-GRADE-Marvel-Comics-Fantastic-Four-App-Silver-Age-/201698559052?hash=item2ef62bc44c:g:ELQAAOSwnbZYDWkO

:roflmao:

and this one is 9.0

X-Men 17

I know the guy behind this company is a supposed legend, but man, has their grading declined:

Sparkle City

I guess every book in my collection is the NM+ to Mint range if I was ever to sell out to them. :P

RUMOR

Heard they were not sending any books to CGC or Voldemort anymore by their own choice or they were not allowed for falling behind in bills. Overheard that at a Carbo show this year or the year before.

SEEMINGLY TRUE

Remember they were getting EVERYTHING slabbed and starting it at a $9.99 price tag. They were not realizing prices for their customers that the customers wanted. Keep in mind that if you consigned through them you were getting charged their consignment fee as well as the eBay fee. You could do much better consigning through Heritage, ComicLink or Comic Connect.

Made sense not to grade everything to save on costs. Make even more money by raising prices.

I used to deal with them all the time. No more.

It makes sense not to slab anything if you can't grade worth a mess, or are in the biz to purposely deceive people.

I'm still not quite sure of the difference between Sparkle City and Neatstuff, but I once got a PM from someone at Sparkle....Brian, maybe...?...who said that they weren't connected.

But, they weren't called "Beatstuffcollectibles" for nothing.

72821128.jpg

Yup, you said it!

I now have a problem with eBay's stupid global shipping system. The auctions I won from a seller. And the seller did offer combined shipping in his terms. But the global shipping system seem to deny him that option.

I face high shipping cost at this moment. :frustrated: I got to call ebay rep to work something out. :eyeroll:

I now have a problem with eBay's stupid global shipping system. The auctions I won from a seller. And the seller did offer combined shipping in his terms. But the global shipping system seem to deny him that option.

Wow, I forgot about that other GSP snafu. You'd think they would have figured out how to handle that by now. I guess each individual item has to be individually re-wrapped and lovingly fondled by the competent worker bees in Kentucky, so no reasonable expectation of a combined-shipping discount for you!

Did eBay change some things on the seller side of the page?

When you go to the Active listings, I used to be able to search them from a searchbox at the top. That is no longer there.

Also, there used to be tabs on the left under the Summary links as to "Already Shipped" and "Awaiting Shipment" which are no longer there.

Tyr opting out of the "Seller Hub". Or opting into it. They defaulted me over to some new seller tool as I recall so had to click around to get back to more familiar screens.

I recently closed my store and went back to regular sales. However, when I did that I was told I would still be paying through December for it, so I would assume I would still have all of those privileges. But, I think that may have been it, which is b.s.

The Seller Hub setup is different than I was using but it has all of those options.

Thanks for the help!

Did you ever find a seller that is so overpriced with his books that it actually makes you mad? I never did until today. And I know its completely illogical to feel this way. :pullhair:

stumbled across this one which was listed among comics for some reason but is quite comical.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/playboys-magazines-/142179834575?hash=item211a941acf:g:TyYAAOSw4GVYKo3i

Don't you love it when someone takes 5 days to pay (which I'm fine with, I didn't even send a reminder), but then asks 24 hours later if I have shipped the book yet. (And no, I do not say 1 day handling in my description)

So I have a book in my free 50 listings "store" that has been sitting there for like 10-12 months..the john paul II comic book from marvel, direct edition. I have it priced aggressively because i figure the person buying it is not a comic collector per se. Anywhere, there is has sat for a year...and last night, in the span of an hour while I was making dinner, I got three offers on it! Ebay is weird. I see it has been selling OK lately, but it has been for a while. Is it announced that John Paul II is going to be in the Avengers or Justice League movie or something?

So I have a book in my free 50 listings "store" that has been sitting there for like 10-12 months..the john paul II comic book from marvel, direct edition. I have it priced aggressively because i figure the person buying it is not a comic collector per se. Anywhere, there is has sat for a year...and last night, in the span of an hour while I was making dinner, I got three offers on it! Ebay is weird. I see it has been selling OK lately, but it has been for a while. Is it announced that John Paul II is going to be in the Avengers or Justice League movie or something?

perhaps something to do with Sainthood? no idea

perhaps something to do with Sainthood? no idea

that was in 2014. i dunno. it's not like the book doesn't sell, it's a pretty decent $10-$20+ depending on direct vs. newsstand. just weird to get three separate offers in an hour.