• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

Ordered some comic books advertised as NM but some kind of colored marker/tape at the top of almost all the pages of the comics ruins the book .What is it and y are so many comics have this ? thanks.

Distributor spray? Photos if you can.

Three slabs in a flat rate box - does not leave a lot of room for packaging/protection. It can be done - but I would rather be safer with slabs.

In a large flat-rate box there's plenty of room to protect three slabs, and they can also be double-boxed with that setup.

as the OP says a "flat rate box for $15"

which would not be a large flat rate box

that would be a medium flat rate box.

ya - I was definitely thinking medium --- for a large - $19 to ship all three - plus packing materials - plus insurance ( depending on book value) -and it is not outrageous. Remember that ebay takes a cut of that shipping - so the 27 is more like 24 already....

Three slabs in a flat rate box - does not leave a lot of room for packaging/protection. It can be done - but I would rather be safer with slabs.

In a large flat-rate box there's plenty of room to protect three slabs, and they can also be double-boxed with that setup.

as the OP says a "flat rate box for $15"

which would not be a large flat rate box

that would be a medium flat rate box.

Sorry, didn't see that the OP specified what box it was...I was only responding to the post I quoted. Still, $18.75 is better than the $27 he paid.

Ordered some comic books advertised as NM but some kind of colored marker/tape at the top of almost all the pages of the comics ruins the book .What is it and y are so many comics have this ? thanks.

Dont know about tape , but I used to go to a store in georgia that got old dealer and distributor stock by the longbox in great shape. Theyd mark the box as $1/book and run a marker down the top of the long box leaving a little mark atthe top of every book (so some jerk couldn't just unbag a $20 book and say it came from the $1 bin).

tzl0l.jpg[/img]

The comic was manufactured that way. Someone with more knowledge of the printing process probably can explain it better than I can. But you can rest easy, your books have not been tampered with.

tzl0l.jpg[/img]

The comic was manufactured that way. Someone with more knowledge of the printing process probably can explain it better than I can. But you can rest easy, your books have not been tampered with.

I believe it was similar to distributor's ink, only printed at the press, meant to tell newsstands when to pull books for returns.

This has happend to me on more then one occasion guys are selling it on ebay as NM ,is it just bad luck or dishonesty ?

After sending a msg telling the guy I want a refund he says sorry i'm not a professional grader I will refund you but he sold more then 1000 comics last year.

What would you grade a comic book with this on it ?

This has happend to me on more then one occasion guys are selling it on ebay as NM ,is it just bad luck or dishonesty ?

After sending a msg telling the guy I want a refund he says sorry i'm not a professional grader I will refund you but he sold more then 1000 comics last year.

Did you not read the two posts above? The comic book was MANUFACTURED this way - It is NORMAL.

What's your eBay name?

Manufactured or not this affect directly the grade and price of the book you can't sell it as a NM .
Uh... No.

What these patient gentlemen are trying to tell you is that the color you are seeing was part of the manufacturing process. It does not affect the grade in any way shape or form.

Manufactured or not this affect directly the grade and price of the book you can't sell it as a NM .

That is how the book was specifically printed. It is a part of all books printed on that paper. I may be slightly wrong but I believe it is part of the denotation for the printer in the coloring process.

That is the way the books were specifically made.

In fact... you are probably not going to find a copy of that book without them

What's your eBay name?

shoptickcomic (for inquiring minds)

doh!

Dude, you could not be more wrong.

This was a 100% normal part of printing. Send the seller an apology and chalk it up to inexperience with not knowing what goes into printing a book.

I have TONS of books with these or similar markings...For instance, I am looking at a Suicide Squad #12 (1st series) RIGHT NOW that has similar markings, except it is a black bar.

Normal. It's good. Move on.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

What's your eBay name?

+ a bazillion