• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

This has happend to me on more then one occasion guys are selling it on ebay as NM ,is it just bad luck or dishonesty ?

After sending a msg telling the guy I want a refund he says sorry i'm not a professional grader I will refund you but he sold more then 1000 comics last year.

What would you grade a comic book with this on it ?

What's your eBay name?

shoptickcomic (for inquiring minds)

:bump:

Quick question for people is it wrong that after a person puts in a best offer for a set of artgerm hardly Quinn #1 which I accept I get the following message 5 mins later

Hi,

You have listed the product as brand new. Just want to make sure the items are without any defect, specially the line art variant. Can you send me a close photo of the line art variant (both sides)?

Thanks

I normally scan my comics but being a set of 3 I just took close up pictures....I haven't even took them out of the bags/boards they came in so of course put new in listing. I never mentioned NM or any grade. I guess it's just my spider senses are tingling that he's going to go back on deal.

Am I'm wrong in thinking he should have asked for these before putting a offer in.

He's going have to wait anyways as there at my office and I've left for the day.

Thanks

Hypothetical...but not really:

Let's say I just sold a book for $130. I want to use Paypal's 'print label' option because I heard it's cheaper & more convenient, But I'm one of those anal persons who always insures the package for it's actual value (in this case it would be $130). My question is this...if I choose to 'print label', do I get any insurance?

Let's say I just sold a book for $130. I want to use Paypal's 'print label' option because I heard it's cheaper & more convenient, But I'm one of those anal persons who always insures the package for it's actual value (in this case it would be $130). My question is this...if I choose to 'print label', do I get any insurance?

there is a option at the bottom of the form. You just type in how much insurance you want to add to the package, and eBay gives you a new total.

You get to choose whatever options you want. You can change the shipping service, package size or weight, enter dimensions, choose from two different insurance options, signature confirmation, etc.

Pretty sure 50 insurance included in priority mail price.

But if you print/buy priority through ebay you get automatic insurance up to 100 (not just 50).

That's the info I learned here.

Priority Mail is insured for 50 bucks regardless of whether the postage is purchased online or at the post office, it's automatically part of the Priority Mail service.

You get an automatic 100 dollars coverage if you meet certain requirements, which according to eBay are TRS status and an average of 300 packages shipped per month.

Okay so I had a 0-feedback buyer, who just created his account the same day he bought a book, and so I sent it to him last week - but USPS tracking now says this:

Insufficient Address

Sep-02-16, 11:07 AM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

Undeliverable as Addressed

Sep-01-16, 16:15 PM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

Out for Delivery

Sep-01-16, 08:57 AM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

So after googling the address he had on record, it looks like it's an apartment complex, but Mr. Day-old Noob didn't put any apartment number on his address with Ebay.

Should I contact him immediately or should I wait until the book is returned to me?

Okay so I had a 0-feedback buyer, who just created his account the same day he bought a book, and so I sent it to him last week - but USPS tracking now says this:

Insufficient Address

Sep-02-16, 11:07 AM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

Undeliverable as Addressed

Sep-01-16, 16:15 PM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

Out for Delivery

Sep-01-16, 08:57 AM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

So after googling the address he had on record, it looks like it's an apartment complex, but Mr. Day-old Noob didn't put any apartment number on his address with Ebay.

Should I contact him immediately or should I wait until the book is returned to me?

Wait until it's returned to you

So I bought 3 comics last night as BINs and requestedtotal from seller to combine on shipping. Woke up this am to an email invoice with the new total and then a later email saying the seller cancelled the order:

"We want to let you know that *seller X* cancelled your order and mentioned the reason as The buyer asked to cancel the order, or there's an issue with the buyer's address.

Keep in mind that an unpaid item can be recorded on your account and result in future restrictions to your account.

You don't need to do anything else."

Neither reason is true and seller has re-listed all 3.

What gives here? What kind of recourse might I have?

Appreciate any help with this situation.