• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Iron Man" and "Larry Sanders Show" Star, Garry Shandling, dead...

19 posts in this topic

Awful, awful news. One of the funniest people to have ever walked the earth.

Always struck me in the last 10 years as being very sad and looking for something in interviews.

But yes, for those who have not seen "The Larry Sanders Show" it's the very definition of a worthwhile binge watch. You'll see the beginning of pretty much all modern TV comedy there (Arrested Development, Community, Modern Family, etc).

RIP

Awful, awful news. One of the funniest people to have ever walked the earth.

Always struck me in the last 10 years as being very sad and looking for something in interviews.

But yes, for those who have not seen "The Larry Sanders Show" it's the very definition of a worthwhile binge watch. You'll see the beginning of pretty much all modern TV comedy there (Arrested Development, Community, Modern Family, etc).

RIP

No disrespect, I loved the show. But I think I can only watch 2 in a row per day, kinda like Curb your Enthusiasm. Helps to savor the flavor better. And yes, you can definitely see how it is a precursor to some of the more creative sitcoms that followed.

RIP Mr Shandling.

Thanks for the link, that was fun to watch. Garry was a guy you either loved or you didn't know who the heck he was.

I had a friend that would record the Gary Shandling Show and he would make me watch it whenever I stopped by his house, otherwise I never would have heard of him.

The Larry Sanders Show has become the Carmina Burana of the television world; it's at this point the most copied and mimicked show ever.

Rightfully so as it's easily one of the best TV shows ever.

RIP Garry. Always funny, and apparently gracious and generous as well. Bravo.

The Larry Sanders Show has become the Carmina Burana of the television world; it's at this point the most copied and mimicked show ever.

Rightfully so as it's easily one of the best TV shows ever.

RIP Garry. Always funny, and apparently gracious and generous as well. Bravo.

Yep. That's the first single camera TV show I remember. All the new single camera shows owe homage to Garry Shandling...The Office, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, etc.

For my money he had one of the best, dry comedic deliveries in the business, I was sad to hear he'd passed. He was a really versatile talent too - he was successful as a television -script writer (his first writing gig was Sanford & Son), a stand up comedian, an actor, and a director.

The MCU grows a little emptier.