• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walmart DC packs

153 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone remembers this article from back in January:

BLEEDING COOL article : Retailer Warns Comic Industry About Walmart

Interesting. It also seems like Mr. Barger doesn't have the best reputation out there. Not that his opinion on this and his reputation go hand in hand, there is a good chance that he ends up being right. But it also sounds like Wal-Mart has been very, very good to him (if the comments are accurate).

We'll see.

Nothing at the Walmart Supercenter in Laurel, MD. Lots of Yugi-oh and Magic cards, though.

(shrug)

-Terry

That saves me a trip to Laurel then Firespitter. I have hit GB and Pasadena and haven't found them in either.

Interesting. It also seems like Mr. Barger doesn't have the best reputation out there. Not that his opinion on this and his reputation go hand in hand, there is a good chance that he ends up being right. But it also sounds like Wal-Mart has been very, very good to him (if the comments are accurate).

We'll see.

Notice their recent article about this also has some disparaging comments about that guy.

I don't think he is saying anything else has said in the past from different industries. A deal with Walmart is just that. You give them the right to force you to undercut your costs, follow their rules not yours, and destroy your relationships with brick and mortar.

I think all they see is sales and for them that's what they will get. It will have big impact on the secondary market, but companies don't care a lot about that.

We'll see.

Notice their recent article about this also has some disparaging comments about that guy.

I can tell you first hand. He is an individual_without_enough_empathy

These look like a good idea. Reprints, but 3 comics for $5 is a pretty good price point for quieting an annoying kid or whatever. Problem is, are these comics really appropriate to placate a 10 year old? I give them to mine, but he is pretty jaded.

These look like a good idea. Reprints, but 3 comics for $5 is a pretty good price point for quieting an annoying kid or whatever. Problem is, are these comics really appropriate to placate a 10 year old? I give them to mine, but he is pretty jaded.

I checked out 3 WSS here in South FL but no luck.

in Miami or Broward? Reason I'm asking is I dont want to check the same stores

Broward my friend.

Ok, I wont bother with the new one off Broward Blvd or the one on Atlantic then. Did you check the one by Sawgrass Mall?

I checked out 3 WSS here in South FL but no luck.

in Miami or Broward? Reason I'm asking is I dont want to check the same stores

Broward my friend.

Ok, I wont bother with the new one off Broward Blvd or the one on Atlantic then. Did you check the one by Sawgrass Mall?

I checked the one in Davie at Griffin & University, the one on Pembroke Pines Blvd & SW 184th Ave, and the one at Pembroke Rd & S University Dr.