• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walmart DC packs

153 posts in this topic

Checked out a WalMart in Philly this past weekend. Nada

However I just went to one in Delaware to buy the Star Wars Blu-ray and they were there. A week ago they were not. Grabbed two more Harleys

I don't know if anyone remembers this article from back in January:

BLEEDING COOL article : Retailer Warns Comic Industry About Walmart

Interesting. It also seems like Mr. Barger doesn't have the best reputation out there. Not that his opinion on this and his reputation go hand in hand, there is a good chance that he ends up being right. But it also sounds like Wal-Mart has been very, very good to him (if the comments are accurate).

We'll see.

I guess the answer is "it depends." If these are just cannibalizing comic shop sales, it doesn't help Diamond or the publishers. But if new customers who hit Walmart, but who would never set foot in a comic shop, are buying them, that's going to be good for those comic shops. There are no Walmarts in NYC, not yet at least (big fight to keep it out), but my wife buys my son GNs when they are at Barnes & Noble. She would never set foot in a comic shop to do that.

Is Walmart going to discount GNs 10-30% like most shops do?

selling now for about $12 bucks free shipping , not worth the effort to go look for yourself if your flipping

agree. Ironically speculators buying these up is more likely to make walmart think they're a good idea, which will lead to them put them in all stores, thus driving down the scarcity and consequently the value of the comics.

There is probably some value to completionists, and maybe if you can be first to market with high grade slabs there's more value.

But overall doesn't seem especially worth it.

selling now for about $12 bucks free shipping , not worth the effort to go look for yourself if your flipping

agree. Ironically speculators buying these up is more likely to make walmart think they're a good idea, which will lead to them put them in all stores, thus driving down the scarcity and consequently the value of the comics.

There is probably some value to completionists, and maybe if you can be first to market with high grade slabs there's more value.

But overall doesn't seem especially worth it.

But not before they sell a bunch of the Batman 1s to people thinking these are actually Batman 1s...

he apparently has sold a bunch of walmart packs too never mentioning it

here is one of his feedbacks left, still positive but I think the buyer was still disappointed a bit. I circled the feedback in question.

The person that payed $82 though is going to freak if they notice.

<a  href=Untitled.png' alt='Untitled.png'>

he apparently has sold a bunch of walmart packs too never mentioning it

here is one of his feedbacks left, still positive but I think the buyer was still disappointed a bit. I circled the feedback in question.

The person that payed $82 though is going to freak if they notice.

<a  href=Untitled.png' alt='Untitled.png'>

Yeah, I wouldn't expect another positive...

I'd disagree that the seller "covered all his bases." That would entail listing the print, specifying it's a Wal-Mart variant/reprint, etc. Plus, he has other listings, which are essentially grab bags...

And as stated above, he should be well aware because another buyer already mentioned it in the seller's feedback.

I'd disagree that the seller "covered all his bases." That would entail listing the print, specifying it's a Wal-Mart variant/reprint, etc. Plus, he has other listings, which are essentially grab bags...

And as stated above, he should be well aware because another buyer already mentioned it in the seller's feedback.

Yup. If the seller had a feedback rating of less than 30, I'd give him/her a break. But over 1,000, NOPE. Plus the seller is/has sold comics in the present/past. He/she isn't stupid, just playing the market for suckers.

Yup. If the seller had a feedback rating of less than 30, I'd give him/her a break. But over 1,000, NOPE. Plus the seller is/has sold comics in the present/past. He/she isn't stupid, just playing the market for suckers.

I found some of these Walmart packs and a listing is ending in an hour or so for 3 of them. I cannot sell them at the double price point, unless I lie by omission I guess.