• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade - Daredevil #1

34 posts in this topic

here's the third book of my three walk-thru's.

from 1964 it's Daredevil #1. Graders notes are minimal on this one;

1. wear top edge FC - breaks color (in the logo and obvious)

2. small spine stress FC does not break color (about parallel to DD shin and practically invisible even to the naked eye)

3. small stain mid top BC

1112179605281_daredevil_006.jpg1113068703589_daredevil_007.jpg

I'll go 8.5 also.

Nice book, but the stain is the tricky part (similar to the 2 inch tear on the JIM #83).

all three of these books had "stains" on them. i must have broken out the FF1 and JIM 83 when i bought the DD1 and been eating chocolate NECCO Wafers while i read them.......... blush.gif

Damn, I was 3 grades over on your first book, 2 grades under on your second book, so hopefully this guess will be a little better

Wow, these guesses seem very low for the quality of this book. I'm going to guess 9.0, after taking a little off for the top edge ruffling and one grading unit for the back cover stain.

A gorgeous copy, regardless of the label.

Wow, these guesses seem very low for the quality of this book. I'm going to guess 9.0, after taking a little off for the top edge ruffling and one grading unit for the back cover stain.

A gorgeous copy, regardless of the label.

I agree. I went with 8.5, but I think it would have a shot at 9.0. The other books FF #1 and JIM #83 had a lot more defects including long creases and of course, interior defects.

i would like to retract my previous guess and add 2.5 to it since it is the holy grail of comics for me :P

7.0 + 2.5 = 9.5

tonofbricks.gif