• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 12:31 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If Miller doesn't get his act together, it doesn't matter if the film makes $2 billion. Matters of belief aren't worth my time. lol

I do not think Zaslov cares periods.  DCEU is basically getting rebooted.  Little if anything that was from the previous administration is going to survive.

I'm curious what people believe constitutes The Flash "underperforming?"

• Man of Steel made $668 million worldwide.
  • Justice League made $657 million.
  • Wonder Woman made $823 million.
  • Suicide Squad made $747 million
  • Batman v. Superman made $874 million
  • The Suicide Squad made $169 million

Is The Flash a failure if it *only* hits $700 million worldwide?

Is theatrical break-even (given the delays & presumptive re-shoots) $850 million?

What's a failure here?

Aquaman numbers or bust? Or are Black Widow numbers more appropriate?

On 8/8/2022 at 10:19 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I'm curious what people believe constitutes The Flash "underperforming?"

• Man of Steel made $668 million worldwide.
  • Justice League made $657 million.
  • Wonder Woman made $823 million.
  • Suicide Squad made $747 million
  • Batman v. Superman made $874 million
  • The Suicide Squad made $169 million

Is The Flash a failure if it *only* hits $700 million worldwide?

Is theatrical break-even (given the delays & presumptive re-shoots) $850 million?

What's a failure here?

Aquaman numbers or bust? Or are Black Widow numbers more appropriate?

A failure is if the movie is bad.  Marvel's had several movies that have grossed a lot of box office but people (on here at least) think are terrible.

Ezra Miller, the embattled star of Warner Bros.’ “The Flash” movie, has been charged with felony burglary in Stamford, Vt., according to a Vermont State Police report.

According to the police report, Vermont State Police were notified of a burglary complaint from a residence in Stamford at 5:55 p.m. on May 1. Police found that several bottles of alcohol were taken from the residence while the homeowners were not present. After collecting statements and looking at surveillance videos, police found probable cause to charge Miller with felony burglary into an unoccupied dwelling.

Police located Miller on Aug. 7 at 11:23 p.m. and issued them a citation to appear in Vermont Superior Court on Sept. 26 for arraignment.

This gets crazier and crazier with each news piece.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, MattTheDuck said:

A failure is if the movie is bad.  Marvel's had several movies that have grossed a lot of box office but people (on here at least) think are terrible.

Nah - I'm specifically talking about box office expectations for The Flash.

Because there's a wide gulf between expecting Black Widow numbers and expecting Aquaman numbers - particularly when the last few Batman- or Superman-starring films didn't hit Aquaman numbers.

If you're judging *failure* by whether a film is bad, have you ever seen:

• BvS
  • Suicide Squad
  • Justice League
  • Green Lantern
  • Jonah Hex
  • Catwoman

On 8/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, Bosco685 said:

This gets crazier and crazier with each news piece.

At what point, especially if convicted,  would Ezra be in breach of contract? Meaning WB could sue Miller, withold salary, or withold bonuses. 

On 8/8/2022 at 6:31 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Because there's a wide gulf between expecting Black Widow numbers and expecting Aquaman numbers - particularly when the last few Batman- or Superman-starring films didn't hit Aquaman numbers.

• BvS
  • Suicide Squad
  • Justice League
  • Green Lantern
  • Jonah Hex
  • Catwoman

Good Lord!

Even when you attempt to slip in your excessive views, you can't even do it casually.

BVS was box office positive which you clearly know even Deadline's ballpark estimated it made $105M after all costs were accounted for.

1932901969_Screenshot_20220808-1849312.thumb.png.508c1867cff633054e344bb5234405d6.png

And that doesn't even cover the extensive digital sales included one of the first Walmart one-month in advance digital sales. Which sold out The Ultimate Edition.

I know: it was supposed to make a billion. Blah, blah, blah.

:facepalm:

Edited by Bosco685

On 8/8/2022 at 6:36 PM, drotto said:

At what point, especially if convicted,  would Ezra be in breach of contract? Meaning WB could sue Miller, withold salary, or withold bonuses. 

Right? It is like he wants to self-inflict any damage that he can.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:31 PM, Gatsby77 said:

• BvS
  • Suicide Squad
  • Justice League
  • Green Lantern
  • Jonah Hex
  • Catwoman

Nah, nothing.  I'll set my own standards, thanks.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

Good Lord!

Even when you attempt to slip in your excessive views, you can't even do it casually.

BVS was box office positive which you clearly know even Deadline's ballpark estimated it made $105M after all costs were accounted for.

1932901969_Screenshot_20220808-1849312.thumb.png.508c1867cff633054e344bb5234405d6.png

And that doesn't even cover the extensive digital sales included one of the first Walmart one-month in advance digital sales. Which sold out The Ultimate Edition.

?

Did BvS hit Aquaman's worldwide box office or did it not?

Edited by Gatsby77

On 8/8/2022 at 7:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

The second DCEU film?

Did The Incredible Hulk hit a billion as the 2nd MCU film??

:popcorn:

?

A full-on Batman v. Superman movie - which also introduced Wonder Woman - did less box office than a solo Aquaman movie, and the excuse is it was simply the 2nd film in a burgeoning connected DC universe? 

:roflmao:

My question remains:

What's a reasonable expectation for The Flash's worldwide box office?

Is it a failure if it only hits $700 million?

Do folks think it's gotta' do $800 million?

If it does $650 million is Ezra Miller's personal life to blame? Or is that amount a reasonable expectation for a solo Flash film with Michael Keaton as Batman?

On 8/8/2022 at 9:17 PM, Gatsby77 said:

?

A full-on Batman v. Superman movie - which also introduced Wonder Woman - did less box office than a solo Aquaman movie, and the excuse is it was simply the 2nd film in a burgeoning connected DC universe? 

:roflmao:

Yup. Same divisive box office agenda. Different day.

:yeehaw:

On 8/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

Good Lord!

Glad you said it. The other movies on his list are well-regarded as being artistically bad and/or poorly-written overall. BvS is divided mostly by people who are open-minded, and those who aren't. Doesn't help that BvS was re-cut by the studio a mere months before release. <<< This is why I'm always curious as to the reception/reaction of the UC. It doesn't 'fix' the movie for all people, but I would say that seemingly 90% like it a lot better than the TC.