• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2023 at 11:52 PM, ChillMan said:

At first, he said WW was banned in China...which I showed is untrue.

And that's the only thing that matters.  Lebanon, Tunisia, Kuwait, & Qatar don't matter to the box-office.

Where did I say it was banned in China (it underperformed there)?

But you did note it wasn't banned anywhere. So you got that going for you.

:baiting:

On 6/16/2023 at 11:55 PM, eastriver400 said:

I really really enjoyed it. Theatre (in downtown Manhattan) was packed and audience clapped at the end.  Audience also clapped at seeing xxxxxxxxxxxx’s xxxxxxxxxx on the screen.

Unexpectedly, Sasha Calle’s Supergirl was the standout for me. Loved this portrayal. Pure badassery.  Ezra, as nutty as he is, can act. Great job.  Keaton was a blast to watch but again Supergirl was my standout by far. 

CGI was fine, although my kids thought it was really bad. 

Side note: the audience seemed really excited during the Blue Beetle trailer? That was a bit of a head scratcher as it looked like garbage to me. 

(thumbsu

On 6/17/2023 at 1:38 AM, Larryw7 said:
  Hide contents

I unequivocally loved it. 

Reveal hidden contents

The movie resonates with me in many ways. One is how hard it is to let go. Last November my little brother died. He was autistic and was severely developmentally disabled. His death was such a shock, and I often go over the day he died over and over again. Was there something that could have prevented his death if we could recognize the signs we saw that day. So I very much emphasize with Barry's impossible quest to save his mother. I cried when he said goodbye to his mother in the supermarket. Besides all that stuff, Michael Keaton was brilliant as Batman, and Supergirl was a real highlight. So were the cameos- Christopher Reeve, Helen Slater, George Reeves, Adam West and Nic Cage, who proved to me that he would have probably made a great Superman. I had no problem with the f/x, everything looked okay to me. Oh, and hearing Danny Elfman's Batman theme again was priceless. I remember how disappointed I was when Schumacher took over and changed the music. It was great to hear that great theme again. Only thing I would have changed: instead of Clooney, have Christian Bale come out of the limo. Of course, I know that Clooney was chosen for laughs.

9/10

I agree with your change and was hoping for that myself but i get why it was who it was

On 6/15/2023 at 12:52 PM, D2 said:

I am interested to hear feedback on this one from boardies.

This movie looks like a guilty pleasure movie to me, pulling on my Michael Keaton heartstrings. I would have a hard time finding faults in this movie simply because of my nostalgic blinders.

saw it yesterday with my 8 year old. first of all, the way to enjoy superhero movies that you otherwise might not is to go with your kid. it's always way more fun because i know he is enjoying it. 

but to your point about the NOSTALGIA factor, i'd say that is the core appeal of this film, or was intended to be. it very much reminded me of spiderman no way home, except not nearly as well done. perhaps this storyline in comics precedes that film, but it doesnt matter. feels like once again DCU is playing catch-up to the MCU. yes, seeing keaton again as batman was super cool. some of the other CGI or AI created other appearances nearer to the end of the film are fun but also very forgettable. i think without the nostalgia factor this film would have been pretty mediocre. with the addition of keaton, i'd say it was good but very far from great. ezra miller is charismatic but also borderline annoying to watch. especially when he overacts as a teenager. 

when this comes on hbo max, i will have no need to rewatch it. whereas when spiderman no way home came onto disney plus, we couldn't wait to rewatch it again. so, in comparing nostalgia trips, i'd say that one wins hands down. 

and i don't personally agree with @jsilverjanet that this is as good as GOTG3. not by a long shot. GOTG3 had better writing and acting, and far better visual effects. 

so about a D+ in real life, tied for worst DCEU w/ Batman v Superman #releasetheBatgirl

The other DCEU CinemaScores are Man of Steel (A-), Batman V Superman (B), Suicide Squad (B+), Wonder Woman (A), Justice League (B+), Aquaman (A-), Shazam! (A), Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey (B+), Wonder Woman 1984 (B+), The Suicide Squad (B+), Black Adam (B+), Green Lantern (B) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (B+).

Edited by paperheart

So…BvS quality? 

I refuse to believe it.

First, because that would take true skill.

Second, because the RT critics score for The Flash is more than double that of BvS (~35 points higher.)

Edited by Gatsby77

On 6/17/2023 at 9:22 AM, paperheart said:

so about a D+ in real life, tied for worst DCEU w/ Batman v Superman #releasetheBatgirl

The other DCEU CinemaScores are Man of Steel (A-), Batman V Superman (B), Suicide Squad (B+), Wonder Woman (A), Justice League (B+), Aquaman (A-), Shazam! (A), Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey (B+), Wonder Woman 1984 (B+), The Suicide Squad (B+), Black Adam (B+), Green Lantern (B) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (B+).

A score worse than WW 1984?  Tells me all I need to know.

On 6/17/2023 at 11:20 AM, jsilverjanet said:

The smugness is a bit much

i bet you guys like giving children coal at Xmas 

It's always the same 2-3 that spin themselves into the negative zone. Oh, the fun they bring.

:shiftyeyes:

On 6/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, Axelrod said:

Might have to downward adjust my earlier prediction for this.  Seems like Ezra/controversy is still getting most of the press, and the early hype of "best super-hero film ever" seems overblown.  I still think it can do 500WW, but that's definitely not the floor.  And getting as high as 700WW looks to be a struggle.  

So, call it 400-600 range with a guess at something closer to 500 in the end.  

one more time

How to Play Limbo | NYMetroParents

The movie failing brings what 

confirmation that they were right?

Congratulations :golfclap:

never understood the fascination with these numbers 

this universe is over so this movie was DOA 

the movie fails and all of you are winners yay

close the laptop, tell the wife you won the internet today and come back tomorrow for a victory lap

crack open a beer and celebrate 

All hail the victors 

(worship)

On 6/17/2023 at 8:16 AM, media_junkie said:

A score worse than WW 1984?  Tells me all I need to know.

I refuse to believe they can make a 200 million dollar movie as bad and unwatchable as WW84. It's not possible.

Well, it's possible...if the government made it.