• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

Ezra Miller has been reading throughout Flash history to do his research.

:banana:

Ezra Miller Reveals What Research He's Been Doing For The Flash

In an interview with Collider, Miller spoke about his work on The Flash and revealed how he created his iteration of Barry Allen. “I’ve been investigating and composing the character since the moment I started considering doing the screen test,” he said.

“Fortunately, a lot of that research is extremely fun and involves reading Flash Comics and other comics from the world of DC, The Brave and the Bold, and I’m really interested in the early history and some of my favorite stuff is Silver Age. Even the Golden Age and the Jay Garrick stuff, the original Flash. It’s just so fascinating, so endlessly compelling. It’s such an incredible set-up for exploration, all these fascinating concepts in physics, in mysticism, in fantasy...he can go anywhere. He’s that figure of the DC pantheon who transcends the realms, sort of like Hermes or Mercury before him in the respective Greek and Roman mythologies that the character’s (creator) Gardner Fox clearly very much based (him on).

While much of Miller’s research on The Flash has been firsthand, the actor is not afraid to seek advice from outside experts. So, it is a good thing that DC Films CCO and famed comic writer Geoff Johns is around to help him out.

“He’s a good guy to have around,” Miller said. “He keeps us full of information and he keeps us from making ignorant mistakes that would upset the fans across the world because you pretty much can’t get someone with a deeper knowledge of this universe than Geoff Johns.”

Both SA and GA.

An intelligent and inspired actor who takes his research seriously. Good for him.

Ezra Miller Feels Like Things Will Ultimately Work Out With The Flash

the-flash-209905.jpg

In a recent interview with Nerdist, Miller talked about his feelings over the director’s departure. He said he feels, “sad, a little sad.”

“I love Rick but am super grateful for all the work that he has done. I trust these processes,” he said. “I think from a distance, observing the processes of the production of film can see interpersonal or dramatic. But it’s actually just groups of people working to make a piece of art together. Things work out, things don’t work out.”

The actor then stressed that he feels “like ultimately things will work out very well. I’m extremely excited about The Flash.”

This is not the first time that Miller has talked about Famuyiwa’s exit. Not long ago, the actor spoke with CinemaBlend about the ordeal. "I think that the most important quality is the open heart," Miller said. "I think that The Flash has to be a story that is heartfelt. Because I think that's where the lightning really is."

During his interview, Miller even went to far as to joke about The Flash’s fumbles. “It’s funny,” he said. “We’ve had sort of this tragic relay race of the passing of the baton of this project, but it feels like each person who has run the race has brought something really special to it.”

Ezra Miller is really giving some great responses to the overall situation.

:applause:

Looks like someone may have been attempting to trick Ezra Miller to sign a Marvel comic book. Even going as far as trying to convince him Justice League belongs to Marvel.

Ezra Miller Refuses To Autograph Marvel Comic Book

A video has surfaced online showing Ezra Miller, the DCEU version of The Flash, refusing to sign a Marvel comic book.

"I can't sign that, right," Ezra Miller says. "Find me something else, I'll sign it. It's so obvious that I can't sign that."

The comic book in question happens to be a Marvel comic book for Agents of SHIELD, which is also a Marvel TV series. Marvel and DC Comics are considered the big two of the comic book world and are often the topic of conversation among fans regarding which is better.

"I'm sorry. I really [shakes head]," with Ezra Miller telling the fan,"No. It's DC. They are competing. I'm so sorry. I can't!"

When asked by the signature requestor if he was sure Justice League is not a Marvel comic series, the answer was fast.

"Yeah. I'm dead sure," Miller said unequivocally.

Ever since big money came into comics, such tricks arise.

(:

Oh, wait. That's posting box office numbers that does this.

Looks like someone may have been attempting to trick Ezra Miller to sign a Marvel comic book. Even going as far as trying to convince him Justice League belongs to Marvel.

Ezra Miller Refuses To Autograph Marvel Comic Book

A video has surfaced online showing Ezra Miller, the DCEU version of The Flash, refusing to sign a Marvel comic book.

"I can't sign that, right," Ezra Miller says. "Find me something else, I'll sign it. It's so obvious that I can't sign that."

The comic book in question happens to be a Marvel comic book for Agents of SHIELD, which is also a Marvel TV series. Marvel and DC Comics are considered the big two of the comic book world and are often the topic of conversation among fans regarding which is better.

"I'm sorry. I really [shakes head]," with Ezra Miller telling the fan,"No. It's DC. They are competing. I'm so sorry. I can't!"

When asked by the signature requestor if he was sure Justice League is not a Marvel comic series, the answer was fast.

"Yeah. I'm dead sure," Miller said unequivocally.

Ever since big money came into comics, such tricks arise.

(:

Oh, wait. That's posting box office numbers that does this.

lol

Kevin Smith Addresses If He Would Direct The Flash Movie

According to Kevin Smith, the filmmaker would be more than happy to tackle The Flash.

The geek icon recently went live on Facebook to talk about his work on The CW’s adaptation of The Flash. It was there that Smith addressed the film’s rotating directors and offered up his services. “Of course,” the actor answered when asked by a fan if he’d direct The Flash.

“If somebody was like ‘Do you want to do The Flash movie?’ then this would honestly be my first response,” he said. “I’d say absolutely, but you should try Tim Miller first. Or I’d say the Wachowskis. I’d list a bunch of other people who I would think would make a brilliant Flash movie.”

Smith went on and said Miller was a “visual genius” and that DC Entertainment would be smart to steal Miller away from Marvel. After all, he did direct Deadpool, and the superhero flick earned rave reviews from both fans and critics.

“It’d be a match made in heaven,” Smith stressed. Still, the director said he would be more than happy to direct The Flash should Miller be averse.

Warner Bros. Hires KING ARTHUR Scribe To Do a Page One Rewrite Of THE FLASH Movie

Phil Lord and Chris Miller were originally set to write The Flash, but when Han Solo came calling, the filmmaking duo departed the project after penning a treatment for Warner Bros. It was then down to Seth Grahame-Smith to take over, but when he parted ways with the studio over creative differences stemming from the writer's plan to also direct, Rick Famuyiwa ended up rewriting it to his tastes.

He too wound up leaving The Flash for the same reason, and while it's been obvious for a while now that the movie probably wouldn't meet its July 2018 release date, that now looks almost impossible. That's because the studio has decided to take things in a totally different direction, mostly because Famuyiwa's departure was related to executives disagreeing with where he'd taken the story.

As a result, Joby Harold (King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Robin Hood) has been tapped to do a total rewrite. Warner Bros. is in no rush to find a new director, especially as Ezra Miller has Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2 on the horizon.

Warner Bros. Hires KING ARTHUR Scribe To Do a Page One Rewrite Of THE FLASH Movie

Phil Lord and Chris Miller were originally set to write The Flash, but when Han Solo came calling, the filmmaking duo departed the project after penning a treatment for Warner Bros. It was then down to Seth Grahame-Smith to take over, but when he parted ways with the studio over creative differences stemming from the writer's plan to also direct, Rick Famuyiwa ended up rewriting it to his tastes.

He too wound up leaving The Flash for the same reason, and while it's been obvious for a while now that the movie probably wouldn't meet its July 2018 release date, that now looks almost impossible. That's because the studio has decided to take things in a totally different direction, mostly because Famuyiwa's departure was related to executives disagreeing with where he'd taken the story.

As a result, Joby Harold (King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Robin Hood) has been tapped to do a total rewrite. Warner Bros. is in no rush to find a new director, especially as Ezra Miller has Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2 on the horizon.

Translation: We're in no rush to start production because we're scrapping this movie if Justice League isn't a hit.

At what point do you completely scrap the -script and start over? From day one this movie was facing the massive roadblock of the TV series it would be compared with. What stories, characters, over-reaching arcs, etc., could the movie touch on that the series had not done from some angle. How do you also get an audience to except a new version of a character, while they were still invested in a coexisting version of that character.

Not saying the movie will not get made, in fact I think it will, eventually, but I would not be surprised if there is a multi year delay at this point. Especially, if Ezra Miller is used further in Harry Potter, since they have 4 more of those planned. Do not expect to see a Flash movie before 2020, if ever.

Jordan Peele Rumored To Direct The Flash & Akira

Following the huge success of Get Out, it's reported WB is courting Jordan Peele for Akira and possibly The Flash movie.

Tracking Board reports the info came out of sources from last night's Cinemacon where it's said Jordan Peele is in talks for the live-action Akira movie, and that talks have been encouraging.

Regarding The Flash movie, which has already gone through three or more directors, it's reported WB could end up asking Jordan Peele to direct it. As of now, it almost seems as if The Flash movie has been put on the back-burner as Ezra Miller is doing other projects and the -script looks to be getting another rewrite (and probably another rewrite when a new director is found). Attention seems to be shifting more toward James Wan and Jason Momoa's Aquaman which is now filming.

Potential director. And he's a big one.

BACK TO THE FUTURE Director Robert Zemeckis Rumored To Be In Negotiations To Helm THE FLASH Movie

150677.jpg

Screen Junkies reckons "numerous sources" have confirmed to them that none other than Robert Zemeckis (the Back to The Future trilogy, Forest Gump, Who Framed Roger Rabbit) has entered talks to come aboard the picture and guide Ezra Miller's Fastest Man Alive on his first solo big screen adventure. Word is WB are still taking meeting with other directors, however, so even if this is on the level it doesn't sound like a done deal by any stretch.

Looks like the rumors are leaning towards fact.

‘The Flash’: Robert Zemeckis, Matthew Vaughn Vying for Directing Job

the-flash-matthew-vaughn-robert-zemeckis

Warner Bros. is getting closer to naming a director for its adaptation of “The Flash.”

While an offer hasn’t been delivered yet, sources tell Variety that Matthew Vaughn and Robert Zemeckis are the studio’s top choices to direct the superhero tentpole.

WB declined to comment on the news.

Although insiders stress that others are still in the mix, sources close to the situation say Zemeckis and Vaughn have always been the leading candidates, though each has his own hurdle to overcome to land the job.

Add Sam Raimi to the 'interested' list.

Another Epic Name Swings Into 'The Flash' Director Conversation

A lot of names are suddenly being tossed around for potentially directing DC Films and Warner Brothers' The Flash movie.

First, Back to the Future genius Robert Zemeckis was billed as the frontrunner for the gig. Moments later, Kingsman and Wanted director Matthew Vaughn was announced as a candidate. Now, the director of the original Spider-Man trilogy Sam Raimi is reportedly in the mix.

According to a report from The Hollywood Reporter, Raimi, along with the other two candidates, have all met with the studio and are "strong contenders" for the job.