• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

EARLIER: It’s been over six months since Warner Bros. lost its director for The Flash, which was scheduled to open on March 16, 2018 when Rick Famuyiwa (Dope) was attached to direct. Since then, the film, set to star Ezra Miller (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) has been in limbo as the studio has scurried to find a replacement.

Well, it looks like they are getting closer to a resolution. Sources confirm to EW that Robert Zemeckis is the front-runner for the job. The veteran director of such classics as Back to the Future and Forrest Gump will likely develop the project, which is currently being rewritten by King Arthur: Legend of the Sword scribe Joby Harold. However Zemeckis isn’t locked, and he has another movie to make first — Steve Carell’s untitled adaptation of Jeff Malmberg’s 2010 documentary Marwencol, which will be released by Universal on Nov. 21, 2018.

Other directors are also in the mix, including Matthew Vaughn, who was rumored back in March as the director the studio was courting to helm Man of Steel 2. Vaughn’s new film Kingsmen: The Golden Circle will open on Sept. 22.

The Flash job has not been an easy one to fill. A source tells EW that two Spider-Man directors Sam Raimi and Marc Webb passed on the position. The film also lost its father figure with Billy Crudup, who was set to play the Ezra Miller’s character’s dad, dropping off. Warner Bros. declined to comment.

editorial: "rewritten by KA: LotS scribe" - they need to blow this up and start from scratch

Edited by paperheart

UPDATE: THE FLASH: Warner Bros. Confirms Billy Crudup Is NOT Dropping Out Of The Film

Hot on the heels of a story that actor Billy Crudup was dropping out of WB's The Flash film as it settled up its director search, Warner Bros. has reached out to clear things up.

UPDATE: Warner Bros. has reached out to refute Entertainment Weekly's original story and maintains that Billy Crudup is remaining on board as Henry Allen in The Flash. We will keep you posted if this story develops!

This Is What Dan Stevens Could Look Like As Reverse Flash

dan-stevens-reverse-flash-999372.png

Most recently, Stevens served as The Beast in Disney’s live action adaptation of the classic animated movie Beauty and the Beast, one of Disney’s highest grossing films of all time.

No stranger to the superhero genre, the English actor played David Haller in Noah Hawley’s Legion television series for FX and is slated to reprise his role for a ten-episode second season slated to debut in February 2018.

Rising to prominence for his portrayal Matthew Crawley in Downton Abbey, Stevens has quickly become one of the most sought-after actors in Hollywood and would be sure to be a huge name Warner Brothers could add to their stable should he be cast opposite of Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen in The Flash.

kujYUu8.png

Former Han Solo Directors Met With DC For The Flash Recently

After having left Warner Bros.' The Flash in order to direct the upcoming Han Solo stand-alone Star Wars movie at Disney, Phil Lord and Chris Miller reportedly met with Warner Bros. about returning to the project as their relationship with Lucasfilm deteriorated in recent weeks.

TheWrap says that the pair, who worked with Warner on The Lego Movie, met with DC Films during a production hiatus on the Star Wars spinoff, and expressed an interest in replacing Rick Famuyiwa, who had stepped in to fill their spot when they exited The Flash.

The Flash, for its part, has had a number of rumored replacements for Famuyiwa in the time since he left, but has so far come up empty. In recent weeks, Back to the Future and Forrest Gump director Robert Zemeckis seems to have emerged as a front-runner to take on the job.

FLASHPOINT!

The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan Might Play Batman

morgan-batman-1011612.jpg

On Friday, Warner Brothers dropped a bombshell in their release schedule by revealing the title of the upcoming Flash-centric film to be Flashpoint. This announcement comes with a tremendous amount of speculation regarding The Walking Dead's Negan actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan due to the events of the popular DC Comics story Flashpoint.

A release date for Flashpoint has not yet been revealed but Morgan has previously weighed in on becoming Batman if such an opportunity presented itself...

During a panel at Walker Stalker Con, Jeffrey Dean Morgan fielded questions from fans.

"Zack [Snyder] and I go back to Watchmen days,” Morgan said. “So I've got a little bit of relationship with the DC losers. He called me a year before we shot that...I met Lauren. It was great. I still see Lauren. It was great and yeah, is there another plan for that Thomas Wayne character? We'll see. I don't know. I would love to be the dark Batman. That's the darkest Batman there is. God knows I embrace the darkness."

Is Batman v Superman's Flash Warning Connected to Flashpoint?

FLASHPOINT!

It's a title that invokes immediate association with one of the most fan-favorite DC Comics storylines of the last decade, while inspiring a lot of fun speculation about what the future of the DCEU may hold. However, there's also the matter of the possible new connections this "Flashpoint" movie title reveals between the Flash's DCEU solo film, and that very strange scene in Batman v Superman.

Naturally, Fans have assumed that The Flash's warning related to Superman, thereby justifying Batman's campaign against the Man of Steel; however, there's another possibility...

Spoiler

BARRY WARNING OF HIS OWN TIMELINE TAMPERING?

It would explain why Bruce Wayne has the Knightmare dream just before The Flash appears to him: If Barry screwed up the timeline and was trying to fix it by making contact with the "real" world again, then that energy disruption could have given Bruce flashes of the alternate reality Barry was crossing over from. 

How Lois Lane would be the "key" to stopping Barry, or what Barry meant about "you were always right about him," are harder pieces to fit into this theory - but perhaps they'll come together better when we see the full movie. 

The point is: Barry warning Batman against his own actions would be a head-trip connection that ties the DCEU films together into an impressive loop. 

Grant Gustin Shares Support For Ezra Miller's Flash

the-flash-1012350.png

Later this year, Justice League will hit theaters with the Flash in tow, but Grant Gustin won’t suit up for the big screen. However, the actor did just reiterate his support for Ezra Miller’s take on Barry Allen.

Over on Instagram, Gustin commented on a fan-made picture that shows the actor with Miller at San Diego Comic Con. The CW star wrote, “Ezra is absolutely the more established actor in film, with the acting chops to back it up. I’m excited to see what he does with Barry Allen/The Flash.”

This is not the first time Gustin has commented on Miller’s casting. Last year, the actor complimented the Justice League star after Miller said he thinks it’s awesome that there are now two Flashes.

“Ezra is hilarious and kind,” Gustin tweeted. “Pumped for him. He’s clearly very excited.”

RUMOR: THE FLASH Solo Movie FLASHPOINT To Include Gal Gadot As WONDER WOMAN

Flashpoint.jpg

Forbes.com, while outlining the future of The Amazon Princess, reported that not only will we see star Gal Gadot pick up the Lasso Of Truth in her sequel planned for 2019, but also in The Flash film as well that is now being titled Flashpoint.

The info stated, "Gadot is also expected to reprise her role as Wonder Woman in the upcoming production of Flashpoint, which will be Flash's solo movie but is also more of another superhero team-up featuring several additional DC superheroes. Flashpoint is currently scheduled to release in 2020. So we'll see Wonder Woman twice this year, again in 2019, and in 2020. That's an average of one appearance every year, and it means Wonder Woman could potentially appear in as many different films as Batman will over the course of the next few years in the DCEU."

Kiersey Clemons Confirms She Didn't Learn About The FLASHPOINT Switch Until Right Before The Film's SDCC Panel

Kiersey-Clemons-Feet-2414289.jpg

While promoting her co-starring turn in director Marc Webb’s The Only Living Boy in New York , Collider briefly spoke with Clemons about the status of Flashpoint.  "That’s a step in a direction! Don’t ask me any questions. I don’t know what’s happening, alright," said Clemons on her surprise at the SDCC announcement.   

A follow up question led her to reveal that she only discovered about the decision to adapt Flashpoint right before the DCEU portion of WB's panel.  “Yeah, well, I kind of like, right before [the SDCC panel] I knew and then it happened, but yeah, Flashpoint!  Which means our -script is probably done. That’s thrilling."  

Flashpoint Fan Poster Brings Flash And Batman Back To The Future

2XYeLRY.jpg

Mention the term "Flashpoint" and you're bound to think of time travel, and you can't have time travel without a flux capacitor!

That is at the center of this new poster from artist Samuel Cheve. He took the classic Back the Future poster starring Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown) and Michael J Fox (Marty McFly) and subbed in the two main heroes involved in the "Flashpoint" storyline. That would be Batman and The Flash, represented here by their DCEU counterparts Ben Affleck and Ezra Miller respectively.

Cheve coupled the artwork with the caption "BACK TO THE...BATFORE AND AFTER ⚡️⚡️SWIPE FOR ZOOM!! I know that I am not the first to have the idea but as I was born in the 80s."

Edited by Bosco685

On July 22, 2017 at 4:44 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Sounds awesome

i just finished binging "the good wife" with my great wife [give and take, you know…]; morgan plays a terrific character towards the end of the series' run.  he stole every scene he was in.

If D.C. plays this Flashpoint right, it creates the opportunity to allow the Elseworlds brand they are developing. They could show little snippets of some of the movies they have in mind or Easter eggs of alternative versions of stories we as fans know

wouldnt it be cool to see a Red Son reference?

FLASHPOINT -script Has Reportedly Been Turned In But Warner Bros. Has Yet To Settle On A Director

tumblr_mqgurlW3Fr1qj5jqso1_500.gif

Variety's Justin Kroll is hearing that the -script for the solo Flash flick has finally been handed in to the studio, but that WB has yet to settle on someone to helm the project.

It seems today's announcement that former Han Solo directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller have boarded Artemis takes them out of the running, but Back to The Future's Robert Zemeckis remains a possibility. No word on whether Sam Raimi and Matthew Vaughn are still in the mix, however.

Watch How Jeffrey Dean Morgan Reacts to Flashpoint Batman Question

To set the tone, Jimmy Kimmel reminded Morgan about how when he was previously on Jimmy Kimmel Live, he had asked him about a painting of Batman's father Thomas Wayne that had been spotted on the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice set. The painting looked a lot like Morgan, but Morgan wouldn't confirm "yes" or "no" when asked at the time. Of course when the film was released in theaters, it was confirmed that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was indeed playing Thomas Wayne.

Jimmy Kimmel asks, "But now, I've learned that there are some comic series where Thomas Wayne is a Batman, a dad Batman or something. Are you going to be Batman in The Flash movie?"

Morgan interjects, "It's a paradox universe, Flashpoint Batman," before letting out a breath, flashing a smile at the audience, and raising his eyebrows. While Morgan doesn't give a verbal answer, his facial expression seems to tell the story that he knows something.

After laughing and covering his face, Morgan insists, "I didn't say [bleep]." After Kimmel and Morgan share a knowing look, Kimmel adds, "I don't think you had to."

After more laughter, Morgan adds, "No, no, I don't know anything." Not letting him off the hook, Kimmel says, "You don't know anything. You would know if you weren't playing him, right?"

The Flash Seen As 'Justice League' Breakout Character, 'Flashpoint' Is A Priority

justice-league-flash-breakout-flashpoint

Recent rumors coming out of Warner Bros. suggested that fans should temper their expectations for a Flashpoint movie, based on the success and reception of the impending Justice League movie.

But a new report states that Ezra Miller's portrayal of the character is one of the highlights of the new movie, and that a solo movie is in the works at the studio. The report from the Wall Street Journal called the Flashpoint movie "a priority" for DC Films, according to Warner Bros.' movie division president Toby Emmerich. It goes on to state how the Flash is being received among studio executives:

"In "Justice League," Ezra Miller's Flash, who is young, socially awkward and hides his fear through humor, is viewed at Warner as the movie’s breakout character."

Ben Fritz, who wrote up the report for the Wall Street Journal, added on social media that the production is close to landing a director.

irm5zzw.png

JUSTICE LEAGUE Star Jason Momoa Weighs In On Who Wins In FLASHPOINT: Aquaman Or Wonder Woman

17800478_394252890947075_441602636595721

At this year's San Diego Comic-Con, Warner Bros. announced that the Flash's solo movie will be titled Flashpoint. That's led to a lot of speculation we're getting an adaptation of the DC Comics series it's named after and if that is indeed the case, it means we can probably expect alternate reality versions of Aquaman and Wonder Woman to go to war with each other on the big screen down the line

Below, Justice League star Jason Momoa was asked about the two heroes going toe to toe and replied, "I think Wonder Woman is always going to win, but I don't ever want to fight her," before adding: "Having said that, I do like to wrestle. You know, Aquaman's a bit of a biter so you never know so we'll see, but generally she's beautiful why the heck would I want to fight Wonder Woman?"

Edited by Bosco685