• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

Fox Producer On Why Cable Will Shake Up The X-Men Movies Universe

josh-brolin-cable-bosslogic-1000126-320x

X-Men movies producer Hutch Parker recently sat down with ScreenRant to talk about the popular character and was asked what introducing him means for the franchise creatively.

"Well as you know, it’s kind of implicit in your question, it just opens a whole series of doors. I think that was part of what was so exciting of adding him to the mix is, not only what he brings as a character – and I think what I think Brolin will bring to the part, which I think was just brilliant casting – but it expands the landscape again and gives us more flexibility and opportunity which is one of the ways we can keep this franchise feeling vibrant and exciting and fresh – by introducing elements that are exciting and dynamic and different."

Fans are excited to see Brolin interact with the also recently cast Zazie Beetz as his right hand Domino, and of course Ryan Reynold's Deadpool. Aside from the magic on screen, it will be nice for Fox to have his abilities in their pocket in case they want to rewrite the past one more time.

Deadpool 2 Audition Tapes Tease New Characters

Thanks to Omega Underground, auditions from Killian Scott and Charley Palmer Rothwell have been unearthed on the Internet. Between the two stars, Rothwell appears to have the more extensive tape given his multiple auditions, but Scott gives a stand-out performance in his brief scenes.

Both actors are seen auditioning for a role known as “Mike,” and the dialogue they are asked to read is pretty intense. In Scott’s go, the actor is shown spitting lines like the following:

“Our gifts are unique we’re made for each other. Okay, fire and the ultimate fuel. And the man with the silver arm is gonna come back here for you and when he does, we’ll have a chance to be free this steel. Okay? And if you take with you, I can protect you because I have control of the monster down below. He can protect the both of us, right? This is how I see it give us a bit of time to make things right.”

So far, there is no fan-consensus about who “Mike” could be referring to from the Marvel canon. Some have speculated the role could be Black Tom, but that role is being tentatively tied to the recent add-on of Jack Kesy. The audition tapes house dialogue which hints that Mike has a sort of demon within him, and the character wonders aloud about becoming someone other than himself. These thoughts may just be dummy lines written up for the auditions only, but the notes are worth speculating.

Deadpool 2: Josh Brolin Reveals Cable Haircut

MMicnEx.png

Fans have already seen Josh Brolin getting into shape for his role as Cable in Deadpool 2. Now it seems that the star is getting into style as well.

Brolin shared a photo of himself with his son, Trevor Brolin, on Instagram. In the photo, Josh Brolin is sporting a new haircut with the sides of his head shaved while the top is left long enough to be slicked back.

‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Actress Shioli Kutsuna In A Key Role

rexfeatures_6689219m.jpg?w=446&h=299&cro

Japanese actress Shioli Kutsuna has been cast in Fox/Marvel’s upcoming sequel Deadpool 2, which will see the return of Ryan Reynolds as the Merc with the Mouth. The studio isn’t offering any details on who Kutsuma is playing, other than it’s a key role. David Leitch is at the helm on the film, slated to hit theaters June 1, 2018.

Kutsuna’s recent projects include the indie film Oh Lucy!, opposite Josh Hartnett, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, and she co-stars with Jared Leto in the crime thriller The Outsider, which follows a U.S. army deserter (Leto) who joins the Yakuza while living in post-world War II Japan. Kutsuna is repped by McKeon/Myones Entertainment and attorney Mark Stankevich in the U.S., and Oscar Promotion in Japan.

On 6/17/2017 at 4:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

It begins!

dZfM00K.png

That is Lex's house from Smallville, right? I wonder how much they charge the studios for using it for both TV and big screen productions?

Edited by kimik

DEADPOOL 2: Ryan Reynolds Welcomes HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE's Julian Dennison In New Photo

Screen_Shot_2017-06-28_at_3.38.43_AM.png

The cast of David Leitch's Deadpool 2 seems to have added a new member, and it looks like this latest addition might just introduce the Merc with the Mouth to the ways of the Skux Life. 

Ryan Reynolds has just announced the latest addition of Hunt for the Wilderpeople's Julian Dennison to the cast of the Deadpool sequel. Reynolds revealed the news with a photo through his Instagram account, featuring both Reynolds and Dennison on set in a pose that pays homage to the classic Yoda and Luke pose from Empire Strikes Back. However, this time the roles are reversed with Dennison doing the teaching.

I still have not seen this movie.

Josh Brolin Teases Cable's Bionic Body Parts in Deadpool 2

r0G4OjT.jpg

Brolin has kept step with Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds when it comes to teasing fans with new images or videos from behind-the-scenes of Deadpool 2; however, this latest one is sure to get fans thoroughly excited!

Brolin took to Instagram to share a particularly telling new pic: he's in a makeup chair getting prepared for what will be Cable's iconic bionic enhancements!

ALPHA FLIGHT Easter Egg Spotted On The Set Of DEADPOOL 2

Alpha_Flight.jpg

There have been rumblings that Alpha Flight could get their own movie at some point in the near future but in the meantime, it looks like we'll have to make do with an Easter Egg in the upcoming Deadpool sequel. As you can see below, Dopinder's taxi has made a return and it's topped by some signage which makes reference to the Canadian superhero team which has close ties to Wolverine. 

Unfortunately, it's less a reference to Guardian, Sasquatch, Northstar and the rest than it is simply just a way of including the name of the team in the movie in a way that many comic book fans will enjoy.

GdT0lr7.jpg

Josh Brolin Teases Cable Breaking The 4th Wall In Deadpool 2

cable-josh-brolin-1010260.png

Naturally, fans have begun to speculate if Cable will reference the Marvel Cinematic Universe antagonist, through dialogue or otherwise. And according to the actor, who recently spoke with Good Morning America about his Marvel roles, a Thanos reference isn't out of the realm of possibility, because Cable will already be breaking the fourth wall.

"Not yet, but I may." Brolin explained. "It's not that I don't break the fourth wall. There's a lot of stuff going on in Deadpool that's very surprising, and that will be very satisfying when you see it."

Brolin also revealed how he decided on taking the role - and that the film's humor was what ultimately won him over.

"To me, it's even funnier than the first one." Brolin revealed. "When they asked me to do it, I was like 'I'm doing the Thanos thing right now, and should I do it?' And my wife just said 'Read it. Why are you even thinking? Just read it.' And I read it and I laughed harder than I've laughed in a very long time. So it's funny."

While his Thanos role in Infinity War is much more serious, Brolin reassured that there will be plenty of humor directly from Cable in Deadpool 2.

"Cable can be very funny. He can be a lot of things, but he can also be very funny."