• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

Disney CEO Says R-Rated Marvel Movies Being Considered

During an investor's meeting with Disney executives, CEO Bob Iger personally cited the success of Fox's R-Rated X-Men spinoff Deadpool as an "opportunity" to create an R-Rated branch of the Marvel movie brand:

disney-r-rated-marvel-movies-bob-iger-10

Fans of the Marvel movie franchises are especially about this Fox/Disney deal, as it will finally bring the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, thereby giving Marvel Studios complete control over a full roster Marvel Comics characters and properties. However, a lot of those same fans are worried that the MCU brand will become to monotone, and that by consolidating everything under one studio, we'll lose out on the opportunity to see unique creative visions like Deadpool, Logan or the X-Men TV series Legion.

20 hours ago, The Brain said:

Did I miss something? I didn’t see anything that invoked an emotional response... Or are u just realizing they made a deal? Not being snarky, honestly curious...

29 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Did I miss something? I didn’t see anything that invoked an emotional response... Or are u just realizing they made a deal? Not being snarky, honestly curious...

To answer your question, I had not known that the deal included Deadpool, and my fear

is that "Corporate Disney" will try to 'soften' the hard R style of the movie.

Also was posting the link while Bosco685 was posting his reply.

13 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I really hope this is true.  If you're a comic book fan who loves a great story the run of 'House Of M' through 'Messiah Complex' is some of the best reading out there...

It makes a lot of sense.

And I am glad Fox is going to stick to its plan with a five-picture roadmap.

He mentions the FXX Channel Deadpool in 2018 as well.

T.J. Miller's Weasel Won't Be Recast In DEADPOOL 2 Despite Allegations Of Sexual Assault

Among those accused of misconduct is T.J. Miller, an actor who played a key role in Deadpool as Wade Wilson's buddy Weasel. He's also expected to return for the sequel. 

However, with actors like Kevin Spacey cut from projects and new actors reshooting his scenes, it's hard not to wonder if Miller might also be ditched from the movie with someone else taking his place.

As directly if that will happen, Deadpool 2 producer Lauren Shuler Donner responded, "We’re in the final editing. I don’t think so." It is, of course, possible that he won't show up in future instalments of the franchise but she remains unsure about that as well. "That’s a whole studio thing. I don’t know."

Deadpool 2 is coming sooner!

‘Deadpool 2’ Gets New Release Date

deadpool-2-delay-995071-640x320.jpg

It looks like Deadpool 2 will hit theaters a bit sooner than everyone thought. According to a new report by The Hollywood Reporter, the Fox film will enter theaters on May 18th instead of June 1st, a date which puts the sequel that much closer to Avengers: Infinity War.

As the new report goes, Deadpool 2 will now join a crowded theatrical slate for May 2018. Not only will Avengers: Infinity War make its debut at the start of the month, but Deadpool 2 will come just a week before the standalone Han Solo film comes out via Lucasfilm.

Of course, fans are happy to see Deadpool 2 move up on the calendar. The film is one of this year’s most-anticipated flicks, and its publicity gained viral attention after its first teaser trailer dropped last year. The Bob Ross-inspired reel saw Ryan Reynolds channel his artistic inner-mercenary, and fans ate up the trailer with great fanfare.

:whee:

Ryan Reynolds Shares New 'Deadpool' Image to Celebrate Early Release

deadpool-2-bea-arthur-1073896.jpeg

How does Ryan Reynolds celebrate Deadpool 2 getting a new release date? By giving the people what they want, of course!

On Thursday, it was revealed that the highly-anticipated sequel to 2016's Deadpool was getting moved up by two weeks. Rather than hitting theaters on June 1 as initially planned, Fox's Marvel blockbuster will now debut on May 18.

Reynolds, who produces and stars in the film, tweeted out a new photo from the set of Deadpool 2, giving fans another look at his Golden Girls-inspired swords, Bea and Arthur.

Of course, as many TV fans will know, Bea Arthur starred as Dorothy in The Golden Girls from 1985-1992. In the first Deadpool film, as well as in the comics, Wade Wilson makes it abundantly clear that he has a super-crush on the late actress.

lol

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Deadpool 2 is coming sooner!

I'm having a problem of understanding why they would do this.  There has to be a reason.  Why would you want to go up against Avengers: Infinity even if its been in theater's for two weeks.

Is Fox still competing with the MCU until the deal is finalized(shrug)?

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
???

32 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I'm having a problem of understanding why they would do this.  There has to be a reason.  Why would you want to go up against Avengers: Infinity even if its been in theater's for two weeks.

Is Fox still competing with the MCU until the deal is finalized(shrug)?

Han Solo moving to X-Mas

VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds' DEADPOOL Hilariously Wishes One Direction's Zayn Malik A Happy Birthday

While we wait for the next trailer and a proper look at Cable, a new video has surfaced of Ryan Reynolds wishing former One Direction singer Zayn Malik in character as the Merc with the Mouth!

"I also want to apologize for jumping out of the cake like that," he says in the video below. "I didn't realize it was the middle of the night, I had no idea I was in the middle of your bedroom. Uh... I want to thank your security, who were very, very gentle and creative with the taser." You can find Deadpool's entire speech by watching the video below but it's every bit as bizarre as you'd expect.