• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

Deadpool 2: T.J. Miller Says It May Be Funnier Than The First

According to T.J. Miller - who will be reprising his role of Jack Hammer/Weasel in the film - Deadpool 2 just might exceed expectations in terms of humor.

"I was crying so hard laughing," Miller revealed to ScreenRant, "that I dropped an iPad in a public restaurant when I was reading the -script."

As the actor elaborated, the stronger levels of humor come from the experience of already having done the first Deadpool.

"As Ryan [Reynolds] and I were talking about," Miler explained, "it’s this great thing where we know the tone, we know the stakes, everybody’s played these characters before. Most importantly, we know the tone, we know how to hit it pitch perfect. So I think it might actually be funnier than the first one. I’m really, really excited!"

:wishluck:

Deadpool 2 Director Explains How The Movie Approaches Cable's Origin

cable-first-appearance-1012072-640x320.p

In addition to being among the Marvel Comics characters with the biggest and best guns and shoulder pads, as well as the most pouches, Cable also has one of the most confusing and convoluted backstories and continuity in Marvel Comics history. Director David Leitch plans to be fairly selective about which portions of the character’s history make it into Deadpool 2.

“Look, I think besides all of the Deadpool, sort of the film universe Deadpool, you kind of have to be selective of like how you approach these characters because there’s a canon of work that’s so massive that you could never put it all on screen,” Leitch tells ScreenRant. “So we’ve been really particular what we’re going to put in and what we’re going to leave for potential future if it goes that way and, uh, I think you’ll like it. It’s all in the spirit of canon, and also in the spirit of like what Deadpool the movie is.”

Deadpool 2 Director Teases Domino’s Powers

152835.jpg

During an interview with Screen Rant for his upcoming film, Atomic Blonde, David Leitch discussed what the creative process for the film has been like over the past few months. Specifically, the director teased how the film will showcase/visualize Domino’s unique powers of altering probability fields (making her extremely lucky):

“(Laughs) We’re excited to play with that idea in choreography. I’m not going to give you how it’s all going to play out. As a choreographer, having a character with her abilities is really a trick. I think at first it seems like a problem. Like oh my god, how do you demonstrate luck?And then you just see it like, oh, this is the coolest opportunity ever, so we’re really excited and we’re creating really great stuff for her character.”

Deadpool 2 Director Praises Josh Brolin's Cable Transformation

josh-brolin-cable-998542.png

Based on the kind words Deadpool 2 director David Leitch recently shared with IGN, it sounds like the actor has easily embraced the role of Cable in the upcoming film.

"When he graciously agreed to do the role, Ryan [Reynolds] and I were through the roof; we love him," expressed Leitch. "He's such a great actor, he brings a humanity to Cable, but he also has the depth of acting chops to hang with the comedy when needed. He's bringing that character to life in the short 12 days we've been shooting and I couldn't be happier."

The film's director isn't the only one impressed with Brolin's abilities, as Cable's creator, Rob Liefeld, recently expressed to ComicBook.com what made the actor the perfect choice for the role.

"The way we've watched his transformation--I mean, I immediately started following his trainer," Liefeld joked. "Eventually, when I get the guts up, I'm gonna ask, 'I'd like to have that training regimen please.'"

For anyone wary of the actor's abilities, Liefeld also provided examples of how fans can be ensured that Brolin is the right man for the job.

"If you only see No Country for Old Men and Sicario, you've seen two great, totally separate, Josh Brolin performances," Liefeld detailed. "You've got Llewelyn, who's sullen but determined, and he doesn't speak much, but you follow him the whole time in No Country. And then, Sicario, he's this wild, shoot 'em up, C.I.A. guy. The guy is a tremendous actor."

Turns out there is some hidden backstory with the old man that gets shot in Deadpool's 'No Good Deed'.

How Deadpool 2’s Director Feels About That Weird Spider-Man Theory

Earlier this year, 20th Century Fox released a Deadpool short film titled "No Good Deed" both online and in front of Logan screenings. The short saw the Merc with a Mouth taking way too long to put on his costume, and he subsequently failed to stop a mugging. "No Good Deed" was darkly amusing, and one of the more interesting reactions to the short was some folks speculating that the old man killed was Spider-Man's Uncle Ben. Here's what Deadpool 2 director David Leitch, who also helmed "No Good Deed" had to say when asked what he thought about the theory:

"That's a really interesting question. I think that people should continue to theorize who that old man was."

David Leitch's response was so surprising to Huffington Post interviewer Bill Bradley that Bradley admits he blurted out, "Whoa! What?" afterwards. So while Leitch wouldn't confirm if that old man in the Deadpool short film was indeed Peter Parker's uncle, the fact that he doesn't deny it either keeps the proverbial door open, too.

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I hope they start ramping up the viral marketing campaign.  Besides the "No Good Deed" video there hasn't been anything memorable.

There have been a few quick commentaries on things to remind people Deadpool is out there, like the Wonder Woman recognition tweet. But I agree, I can't wait to see what they come up with this time. And if it can equal what we experienced.

Someone is definitely taking their role very serious.

Deadpool 2: Josh Brolin Shows Off Cable Physique In the Buff

twnexMT.jpg

Deadpool 2 star Josh Brolin has been preparing for his role as Cable and it seems like that preparation is paying off. The actor shared of photo of himself in the nude, alongside wife Kathryn Boyd (clothed), to Instagram. The photo was primarily to promote the Prevail Activewear line.

Deadpool 2 opens in theaters on June 1, 2018.

Here's Why Deadpool 2 Cast Josh Brolin As Cable Despite His Thanos Tenure

josh-brolin-cable-thanos-1013031.jpg

According to David Leitch, who is helming Deadpool 2, both studios essentially agreed that the roles were distinct enough from each other to allow Brolin to play both.

"I think everybody in sort of the Marvel and Fox world considered it, and they take their time and make measured moves." Leitch explained in an interview with CinemaBlend. "But I think everyone thought it was prudent and was okay in terms of the way Thanos is portrayed and Cable is portrayed. They're very different in styles, and in terms of the way they are presented in the movies, obviously."

"We couldn't have cast a better Cable." Leitch revealed. "We were filming last night and both [Brolin and Deadpool himself, Ryan Reynolds] were on set, and the chemistry is amazing. It's such a fun movie to be on. I'm really grateful."

:whatthe:

They were filming Cable and Deadpool together? Come on early videos.

:whee:

39 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

She looks terrible, this is typical "Well Deadpool and Cable are white", so they had to put to cast someone of color.  

Brianna Hildebrand is a lesbian.

Morena Baccarin is Brazilian.

Leslie Uggams isn't white.

Stefan Kapicic was born in Europe.

I don't think diversity was an issue where they "had" to do anything.  The character just wasn't what I pictured because she doesn't look like what I'm use to seeing in the comics.  Nothing more...nothing less.

37 minutes ago, ghengishahn said:

I have hopes for Domino.  I think the majority thought Quiksilver looked terrible in DOFP and then once everyone saw the movie, he was the fan favorite.

And to be honest, outdistanced the MCU version of Quicksilver.