• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

This ended up turning into a race debate, as folks not familiar with the character thought it was an attempt to make her overly Caucasian. Even assumed it was meant to paint her in 'White Face'.

Deadpool 2 Fan Creates More Comic-Accurate Domino First Look Image

4AoDKKw.jpg

Then someone pointed out it was based on the skin color of the character in the comics.

PmA9Ftz.jpg

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

DGovov0WAAAMMVa.jpg

DGo0JrnVYAATB5j.jpg

Looks good. I like it.

What's that thing hanging off the side of his hip?

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Dig it...subtle. I wonder what this pic was all about then? Assumed the blue was for CGI, but doesn't appear to be the case...

19429486_842367909250095_4128580795528904704_n.jpg

I'm guessing it's just the mold used to make the "scars" around his eyes.

At first I thought it was going to be CGI too for his cybernetic eye and my first thought was "They're putting it on the wrong side!" :whatthe:

Thankfully, that's not the case (according to the photos).

So one of the reason I loved Deadpool was because he looked exactly like the comic book character...even better than I imagined.

Both Domino and Cable are nothing like the comic and nothing close to what I imagined.  So right now I'm not too impressed but will save final judgment until I see the movie.

7 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

So one of the reason I loved Deadpool was because he looked exactly like the comic book character...even better than I imagined.

Both Domino and Cable are nothing like the comic and nothing close to what I imagined.  So right now I'm not too impressed but will save final judgment until I see the movie.

How could they possibly defy the laws of physics enough to make a real person look the way Liefeld drew Cable?  Size 2 feet, a bunch of telescoping lines instead of a crotch; a metal arm 3 times bigger than either leg and a head the size of an avocado . . .

3 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

How could they possibly defy the laws of physics enough to make a real person look the way Liefeld drew Cable?  Size 2 feet, a bunch of telescoping lines instead of a crotch; a metal arm 3 times bigger than either leg and a head the size of an avocado . . .

They could have given him a blue shirt(shrug)...

Cable.jpg.a1a7ec30945b307e9aea03b2184940dd.jpg

1 hour ago, Antpark said:

Looks good. I like it.

What's that thing hanging off the side of his hip?

I'm guessing it's just the mold used to make the "scars" around his eyes.

At first I thought it was going to be CGI too for his cybernetic eye and my first thought was "They're putting it on the wrong side!" :whatthe:

Thankfully, that's not the case (according to the photos).

Is that a teddy bear half hanging out of his pocket?

lol

The teddy bear in the pocket may hint at something else.

Does Josh Brolin's Cable Image Tease Hope Summers in X-Men Movies?

hope-summers-josh-brolin-cable-x-men-mov

Along with the full-body look at Cable that Brolin himself released, there was an interesting Easter egg that could reveal a lot more about the character and his larger role in the X-Men movie universe.

Is Josh Brolin's Cable photo teasing the impending reveal of Hope Summers in the X-Men Movies? Because it certainly looks that way...

The big Easter egg in question here is the teddy bear that Cable has conspicuously clipped to his belt in the photo above. X-Men comic book fans will see that and automatically make the connection that this movie version of Cable will be functioning in the only patriarchal role fans know him to play: protecting Hope Summers, the first mutant baby born after "The Decimation," an event where Scarlet Witch nearly wiped out the mutant population of Earth with no more new mutants manifesting until Hope was born. 

On 8/7/2017 at 2:52 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I can see where you are coming from.

Quick honest observations that came to mind when I first saw the pictures.

Domino has crazy hair in  the movie photo. Very unattractive compared to the Domino in the comics.

Deadpool%2BGame%2BDomino%2BConcept%2BArt%2BHero%2BShot.jpg

Cable looks too skinny. In the comics Cable looks like he can kick Deadpool's behind. In this movie version we are looking at it looks like Deadpool will waste Cable.

Also Cable should have a beard.He looks cooler with a beard.

acb8191e9a14685e81ace30496cb4478.jpg

Those are just my first observations. I am pretty sure if I noticed them right off the bat,than other Cable fans are seeing it as well. 

I have no idea if these changes will affect the box office or affect if the movie will be good or bad.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Domino I am in 'wait and see', hoping for the best.

Cable, let's be realistic. If he appeared to the dimensions he is sometimes drawn in the comic books, then folks would complain he is Mister Balloon Arms.

greg-valentino-biggest-biceps-in-world.j

And the beard came years later. So I am okay without that detail. Though I liked that look within his series.

On 8/7/2017 at 0:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

DGovov0WAAAMMVa.jpg

DGo0JrnVYAATB5j.jpg

On 8/8/2017 at 7:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

rtAYuSp.jpg

Um.....no...ugh just looks like a cosplayer running to get in line at a comic convention...scratch that.  I've seen better -more convincing Cable cosplayers at conventions.

While the close-up glamour shots of Josh Brolin as cable do look pretty cool (and he's a great actor), they just fall way short of my expectations for a convincing Cable from what I grew up with in New Mutants and X-Force from the 90's.  Can't do much about physique and frankly I get that but I'd start with the hair-style (apply receding hairline), hair color (silver/white),  and find an actor from Vikings or game of thrones that has a slightly better build.  Brolin just doesn't fill out the gear and clothes the way I would expect a non-Liefeld drawn Cable to appear.

Edited by justafan
additional thoughts

Looks like these movies and TV shows pushing themselves to demonstrate more action are becoming even more dangerous (The Walking Dead, Mission Impossible 6, and now Deadpool 2).

Fox Issues Statement Regarding Stuntwoman's Death on Deadpool 2 Set

Earlier this afternoon, a stuntwoman suffered a fatal accident on the set of Deadpool 2 during a motorcycle stunt. A spokesperson on behalf of 20th Century Fox has issued a statement on the matter, according to Entertainment Weekly.

The statement reads, "We are deeply saddened by the accident that occurred on the set of Deadpool 2 this morning. Our hearts and prayers are with the family, friends, and colleagues of our crew member during this difficult time."

Reportedly, the stunt rider was thrown into the air when her motorcycle crashed through a ground-floor studio at Shaw Tower. This was later confirmed by Vancouver Police Department, in a statement you can read below.

"Vancouver Police can confirm that a female stunt driver has died on the set of Deadpool during a stunt on a motorcycle. VPD officers are at the scene, along with officers from WorkSafeBC. More information will be released when it is available."