• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld's Kickstarter for a new Brigade comic ended almost 3 years ago....

40 posts in this topic

And he still hasn't shipped the first book yet.

Fess up. Who here helped kickstart this?

Collectively, people gave him $35,000 in a pathetic attempt to kickstart what was supposed to have originally been a crowdsourced Brigade comic to be released absolutely free both physically and digitally.

People have started asking for refunds. How does this guy still get work in this business?

you try kick starting something with the feet that he draws-- it ain't easy.

:roflmao:

Up until this past year I thought he was a stand up guy. Then he acted like a jackrabbit to my friend and fellow boardie who inquired about sketches.

I cannot wait to see him at NYCC and I will definitely ask him about this.

This is why I don't give to any of these Kickstarter fund things. No thanks.

No doubt, they can be risky. However, like anything else really (ebay sellers for instance) you just need to find the reputable ones. I've helped fund a couple (non comic) Kickstarters but there have been many I have passed on because I had follow through concerns.

There have been a number of worthwhile creative initiatives come out of successful Kickstarter campaigns, so they are still worth funding here and there when something you really love comes up. I can't wait for the new MST3K episodes :cloud9:

There have been a number of worthwhile creative initiatives come out of successful Kickstarter campaigns, so they are still worth funding here and there when something you really love comes up. I can't wait for the new MST3K episodes :cloud9:

I'm sure there are some that are worthwhile. For me, I stay away.

Poor old Rob, he sure gets chewed up one side and down the other.

The Kickstarter was a little ridiculous though. I assume he can afford to bankroll his own book.

I've said that about a couple creators doing this. Well known ones, like Alan Moore and Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner.