• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2022 at 6:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's an average movie. 3.5/5 territory. Quick notes:

• Runtime is not validated. You can gut at least 20 minutes to improve the pacing exponentially.
  • They told us that Pattinson has range. That was a lie.
  • They told us that Pattinson was getting buff. That was a lie.
  • Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman is trash.
  • While Jeffrey Wright's Jim Gordon is not bad, he is not inspiring, and basically has the same performance as Batman.

It's a 'meh' movie that does some things excellent and other things very poorly. The political overtones were trash.

Pattinson absolutely has range we just didn’t get that here. 

On 3/7/2022 at 6:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's an average movie. 3.5/5 territory. Quick notes:

• Runtime is not validated. You can gut at least 20 minutes to improve the pacing exponentially.
  • They told us that Pattinson has range. That was a lie.
  • They told us that Pattinson was getting buff. That was a lie.
  • Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman is trash.
  • While Jeffrey Wright's Jim Gordon is not bad, he is not inspiring, and basically has the same performance as Batman.

It's a 'meh' movie that does some things excellent and other things very poorly. The political overtones were trash.

Go see it again and see if you have the same reaction.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:38 AM, Hawkman said:

No they are not. Stop being a troll. Grow up and post like a grown man. This is pathetic behavior.

Hate to say it JDog but he’s right. And if I’m being completely honest, I’ve needed those words spoken to me at one point as well. 

I thought this movie was a boring mess that was 33% too long, but comparing it to the other movies released this year, they are NOT soft numbers.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:05 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Just saw the film.  4.5 out of 5! :takeit:

I learned my lesson with rushing to judgement on the Health Ledger casting.

So far the Batman movie franchise has gotten flack for:

Michael Keaton (Batman 1989) - Imagine of the internet was around back then for roasting "Mr Mom" as Batman

Health Ledger (Joker 2008) - Ten things I hate about you pretty boy as the "Clown Prince of Crime"

Robert Patterson (2022) - "Twilight Boy" as the Dark Knight 

All have done the Batman universe Proud.

He prefers "Batman Glittersparkles"

On 3/7/2022 at 11:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

The Batman international results were much higher than the $120M estimate landing at $124.2M.

:applause:

So "if" this ends up making about 250 million less than the last solo batman movie from 10 years ago, on a much bigger budget, that's NOT soft? (shrug)

-J.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:14 PM, Jaydogrules said:

So "if" this ends up making about 250 million less than the last solo batman movie from 10 years ago, on a much bigger budget, that's NOT soft? (shrug)

-J.

Quit sprinkling that special sugar on your peanut butter sandwich

crack-peanut-butter-and-crack-sandwich.gif.a1520701cbe4e6db3251a75247aab80b.gif

On 3/7/2022 at 3:55 AM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Saw it tonight and loved it. This is Batman. DC is back. I find The Batman, Doom Patrol and Peacemaker stuff way more enjoyable than Eternals and Shang Chi. Looks like DC has turned it around and will give Marvel a run for its money.

One film does not a universe make...

My problem with DC is that they seem to be able to make a good film here or there, but they can't string together an awesome universe of films, tie them together, and have epic universe-spanning storylines like Marvel has proven they can. Nothing seems tied together. Now that will likely change with all of the individual films coming (Aquaman, Flash, Black Adam, etc.), but it's been messy "for me dawg"...