• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I should say "average" instead of mediocre, as there are aspects to The Batman (and DS2) that make it feel better than mediocre at times.

Unfortunately for some average or good are not satisfactory for films, whether the first appearance or not. They have convinced themselves everything must be groundbreaking.

On 5/9/2022 at 5:41 AM, Bosco685 said:

My only question is why does run time matter when something isn't from Disney? Even when the Snyder Cut came out which has six (6) clear chapter breaks to pause at people couldn't help but complain about the length of the film.

1. Avengers: Endgame with Deleted Scene Addition: 3 hours 13 minutes to ensure it made up for the $4M gap with Avatar's box office, Marvel Studios rereleased this movie within weeks of its release with a Hulk deleted scene. Did people complain? No. They are too well trained now. They rushed back in to hand over their money. Good grief!
  2. Avengers: Endgame - 3 hours 2 minutes and you didn't see all these hobbyist analyst over-assessing. And this film certainly had its challenges with keeping all the pieces together.
  3. Eternals - 2 hours 37 minutes and length of film was not even the complaint. Maybe because it was quality nap time? And even when it went to Disney Plus I didn't read anything about concerns if viewers could sit through the second longest MCU film. It even surpassed Infinity War.
  4. Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - 2 hours 32 minutes as the longest Star Wars movie I think those complaints paled in comparison to the more massive quality concerns.

Maybe it is more about having that studio itch to be scratched in the sub-conscious that people fail to recognize. Not sure. It just would be nice if folks were more consistent with their analysis.

Fair questions - and the run times were daunting to me as well.  I can speak for my experiences only with these. 

1 and 2 - Avengers Endgame - Long movie but the investment was already there.  I also knew that there were spoilers aplenty and didn’t want to stumble across them and ruin the fun.  It was an opening night must see for me. 

3 - Eternals - couldn’t be bothered.  A lot of things went into not seeing this in the theater.  Covid concerns, length of the film, going to be on Disney+ soon after, unfamiliar material led me to just wait it out. 

4 - Star Wars - continuation of the saga.  It’s like waiting for the next episode of my most favorite TV show.  The title draws people to the theater. 

On 5/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, Buzzetta said:

Fair questions - and the run times were daunting to me as well.  I can speak for my experiences only with these. 

1 and 2 - Avengers Endgame - Long movie but the investment was already there.  I also knew that there were spoilers aplenty and didn’t want to stumble across them and ruin the fun.  It was an opening night must see for me. 

3 - Eternals - couldn’t be bothered.  A lot of things went into not seeing this in the theater.  Covid concerns, length of the film, going to be on Disney+ soon after, unfamiliar material led me to just wait it out. 

4 - Star Wars - continuation of the saga.  It’s like waiting for the next episode of my most favorite TV show.  The title draws people to the theater. 

Appreciate you sharing the thought process behind average run time versus an extending showing. :cheers:

For what Avengers: Infinity War (a far superior movie) it accomplished in 2 hours:29 minutes. Amazing with the amount of characters that appeared in this film (76 established and new characters). So for me, Avengers: Endgame turned into a series of scenes just to jam together multiple appearances, and was not as fulfilling. But for those that got emotionally wrapped up in the Infinity Saga, they excused a lot to see the end story.

Does this Batman movie need to be 2 hours 56 minutes? Of course not. But if we are going to take the stance there is an assumed comic book standard, then we should hold them all to it. The first Avengers movie delivered massively with just 2 hours 23 minutes. And that was jammed with meaningful details.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

:sumo:

Now I'm sitting here wondering which movie I would rather re-watch: Civil War, or The Batman?

Civil War is more re-watchable. Plus you can’t watch The Batman unless its raining outside for real.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, ▫️ said:

Civil War is more re-watchable. Plus you can’t watch The Batman unless its raining outside for real.

The Batman is more 'my style' (darker aesthetic, serious tone), but yeah, I think that Civil War is probably the winner. Though it's painful for me to watch the no-stakes airport fight. :eyeroll:

On 5/9/2022 at 11:44 AM, ▫️ said:
On 5/9/2022 at 7:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't know about that. They're probably pretty close on my list of mediocre movies.

You wanna go? LETS GO BABY!

On 5/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, paperheart said:

down across the board :roflmao:

Disney+ subscribers: 7.9 million vs. 4.5 million expected

Time to raise the prices!

Disney executive Bob Chapek revealed that a Disney+ price increase could be coming sooner than expected. The CEO of The Walt Disney Company spoke about this topic and more during an investor call on Wednesday. Last year, the service raised the prices to $7.99. 

"Our strong results in the second quarter, including fantastic performance at our domestic parks and continued growth of our streaming services-with 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in the quarter and total subscriptions across all our DTC offerings exceeding 205 million-once again proved that we are in a league of our own," Chapek mentioned earlier in the presentation. "As we look ahead to Disney's second century, I am confident we will continue to transform entertainment by combining extraordinary storytelling with innovative technology to create an even larger, more connected, and magical Disney universe for families and fans around the world."

This is when you laugh more.

:baiting: