• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

So... Is anyone else going to address the fact that Reeves looks like he's auditioning for Jim Gordon?

I did notice that :applause:

Taking the rest of the day off so I can go watch The Batman in a few hours. Can't wait!

:popcorn:

It’s early February, and Dano is in L.A. to tape some videos that will be part of the promotional whirl for The Batman, a sprawling marketing endeavor that is new to this veteran of mostly indie projects.

“I’ve not really experienced this before, the fan theories and the people reacting and counting down days,” he says. “It’s surprisingly really fun. I don’t know that I was expecting that, because I tend to be more shy.” Jake Gyllenhaal, whom he directed in Wildlife and starred opposite in Prisoners and Okja, does a convincing impression of Dano’s offscreen air of tranquil confidence. “It’s an easy impression. Basically I stand very still and just give a slight, affirming nod,” Gyllenhaal says. It was possible to fact-check this impression in real time over breakfast with Dano when a waitress delivered a complimentary fruit plate and congratulated him on some unspoken victory, and the actor tipped his head ever so slightly, closed his eyes and thanked her. Dano, Gyllenhaal says, is “openhearted but quiet and in no need of an actor’s typical desire for attention.”