• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2022 at 1:13 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Translation-  there's only a "pandemic era" box office for movies people dont want to see.  

I thought this movie would make way more than this.  Dr. Strange will probably make more than this. 

-J.

Oh, I see where you are going on about.

"I predicted this movie won't do well. NOW I must validate such statements!"

:facepalm:

Edited by Bosco685

On 3/6/2022 at 11:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oh, I see where you are going on.

"I predicted this movie won't do well. NOW I mus validate such statements!"

:facepalm:

I didn't say it didn't do well.  I said it did just "okay".  And that I actually expected more.  

-J.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:46 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I didn't say it didn't do well.  I said it did just "okay".  And that I actually expected more.  

-J.

The Batman exceeded box office tracking with a robust debut to make it the first big tentpole hit of 2022.

The Batman grossed $128.5 million this weekend which represents Warner Bros.’ best opening weekend since Joker in 2019 and the studio’s best showing during the pandemic era. If WarnerMedia needed more proof that their day-and-date streaming strategy wasn’t so smart, this is it. Tracking had the film debuting in the $115 million range so this is a wonderful start for a film that seems to be very well-received by the masses. The Batman scored a stellar “A-” CinemaScore from opening night audiences which indicates that word of mouth is particularly strong. Internationally, The Batman opened to $120 million which brings its global haul to $248.5 million.

To have an estimate of $115M and it lands at $128.5M sounds like a strong start.

Saw it Friday - my main takeaways were that I thought the soundtrack was literally just one song, Ave Maria, played a dozen different ways even before it was sung as a "special solo".

One phrase popped in my head when I saw Bruce without the costume... My Chemical Batmance

Still, I enjoyed the movie and as someone else said, it reminded me of Se7en and also a bit of Sin City for visuals/dialogue.

I avoided pretty much all info and did not know Colin Farrell was playing Penguin, so I'd have to say that was fantastic.

Edited by valiantman

On 3/6/2022 at 2:46 PM, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

Anything over 100 million domestic on opening weekend is better than ok. For opening numbers, it has beaten a bunch of Marvel films, including Thor Ragnarok. This film is a success, box office wise, even if you thought it would do more.

Now we'll see how close to a billion it gets.

Edited by William-James88

Wife and I saw it on Friday... we both really enjoyed it, although we both agreed you felt that 3 hour run time... I think a 2:45 version of this movie would have been better.

I really enjoyed Ben Affleck's Batman, so I was skeptical coming into this... but I think they did an EXCELLENT job with the whole "Batman" of it all. I mean, this is the first time on the screen I ever felt we really saw Batman in detective mode... which is such a part of the character. Especially, as someone noted above, working the case with Gordon.  By now,you'd think that would be a movie cliche... but since we've never really seen it before, it was so enjoyable and well done I can't wait to see more of it!!

Collin Farrell was unrecognizable and fantastic as Ozzie... reminded me of Jared Leto as Paolo in House of Gucci.  I'll be honest, fat older guys have a reason to stage a Hollywood strike as these young handsome actors are now stealing all the roles they should be playing!

If I had one criticism of the movie, I didn't think Pattinson's Bruce Wayne really worked. And because of that, the attempt at an emotional moment with him and Alfred didn't work for me.  But it's also the first of (hopefully) a series of films.. and I'm in for a character arc if this is the starting point.

Looking forward to where it goes from here.  I do hope, if they plan to use the Joker... they save him for whatever they decide will be the final movie in the series. No reason to rush him. Let him continue in the shadows and beneath the surface for now.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I thought it was great. I can't recall another comic book movie like this. This is a serious film. I don't know if it's better than TDK but it comes close. 

Anyone in the US watch Battinson in IMAX to get the Batman 'Long Halloween' promo comic? I don't think any of these comics were distributed in Canada, if we watch movie on IMAX or fancy DBox. :manhero:

On 3/6/2022 at 10:14 PM, aardvark88 said:

Anyone in the US watch Battinson in IMAX to get the Batman 'Long Halloween' promo comic? I don't think any of these comics were distributed in Canada, if we watch movie on IMAX or fancy DBox. :manhero:

Probably due to language laws for promotional material.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:44 PM, William-James88 said:

Anything over 100 million domestic on opening weekend is better than ok. For opening numbers, it has beaten a bunch of Marvel films, including Thor Ragnarok. This film is a success, box office wise, even if you thought it would do more.

Now we'll see how close to a billion it gets.

You just compared DC's single biggest character to Thor.

Yeah okay.  Lol

Like I said, anything Iis a "success" if you put a dozen qualifiers on it. 

These numbers are weak. Sorry.  

-J.

I haven’t seen this yet, will watch on HBO next month. Interesting they went with a three-hour run time knowing that will stunt its overall box office in the long run with fewer showtimes. Maybe I’m wrong, I’ve never been too interested in a movies financials. I’m looking forward to all three hours of it though as long as there’s great interaction between Batman and Gordon. 

On 3/6/2022 at 9:27 PM, Jaydogrules said:

You just compared DC's single biggest character to Thor.

Yeah okay.  Lol

Like I said, anything Iis a "success" if you put a dozen qualifiers on it. 

These numbers are weak. Sorry.  

-J.

No they are not. Stop being a troll. Grow up and post like a grown man. This is pathetic behavior.

It's an average movie. 3.5/5 territory. Quick notes:

• Runtime is not validated. You can gut at least 20 minutes to improve the pacing exponentially.
  • They told us that Pattinson has range. That was a lie.
  • They told us that Pattinson was getting buff. That was a lie.
  • Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman is trash.
  • While Jeffrey Wright's Jim Gordon is not bad, he is not inspiring, and basically has the same performance as Batman.

It's a 'meh' movie that does some things excellent and other things very poorly. The political overtones were trash.

Also, Pattinson is the worst Batman of the 21st Century so far. However, that's only because Bale and Affleck are the competition. He's not bad, but he doesn't come close to those 2. It's kinda mind-blowing reading that other people consider this to be "the best" Batman.