• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 6:57 AM, Bosco685 said:

Tell him how many times you went to the theater to see Avengers: Endgame though it wasn't masterpiece material. That will drive the point home. And Captain Marvel too just to confirm you didn't care for it.

Disney Accounting Dept. special note:

Disney_thanks.gif.a7699d72bdb5e3991e57f92004c89853.gif

:baiting:

I saw The Batman as many times as Captain Marvel. :baiting:

I saw 22 Jump Street more than both of them.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

David Sandberg would be proud (though grumbles you blew off Shazam)

:cheers:

He'll be happy to know that I will be seeing his sequel at least twice. Also, I did buy Shazam on digital when it came out, which is not something that I do (I own less than 5 digital movies).

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 4/22/2022 at 7:02 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I saw The Batman as many times as Captain Marvel. :baiting:

I saw 22 Jump Street more than both of them.

I was thinking on this.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's an average movie. 3.5/5 territory. Quick notes:

• Runtime is not validated. You can gut at least 20 minutes to improve the pacing exponentially.
  • They told us that Pattinson has range. That was a lie.
  • They told us that Pattinson was getting buff. That was a lie.
  • Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman is trash.
  • While Jeffrey Wright's Jim Gordon is not bad, he is not inspiring, and basically has the same performance as Batman.

It's a 'meh' movie that does some things excellent and other things very poorly. The political overtones were trash.

I have a feeling you DIDN'T go see this movie in the theater again a second time. Not after this review. Maybe you got confused, and logged into your sister's HBO Max account?

On 4/22/2022 at 10:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

I was thinking on this.

I have a feeling you DIDN'T go see this movie in the theater again a second time. Not after this review. Maybe you got confused, and logged into your sister's HBO Max account?

Huh? I bought tickets to both shows a month in advance. I'm the guy that gets the best seats in the house. I don't do that by ordering last-minute. lol

I usually go on Thursdays with my dad, and Saturdays with my mom. I only see movies more than twice if I think they're better than "good".

Twice is my minimum, usually. It's extremely rare that I watch a movie only once.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 4/22/2022 at 3:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Kevin Feige isn't a factor in the Marvel vs DC discussion. He likes DC just like any other comic book nerd.

Also, The Batman is not as good as a handful of MCU films, at best. Flicks like Infinity War and The Winter Soldier are easily better. We gotta stop using "master" to describe movies, because this wasn't it.

Totally disagree. Winter soldier was entertaining, so was the Infinity series, but I can't help but feel like I'd seen them before.... oh yeah:idea: I had... every time I watched the same formulaic, redundancy from Marvel. 

It's not even close. Agree to disagree. 

On 4/22/2022 at 8:40 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This was always going to be the proper conclusion. Glad we could come to it very early in the discussion. lol

I don't agree, but I respect your opinion. You're usually a pretty good critic in my book. You just failed this time. :goodvsevil:

On 4/22/2022 at 10:40 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Huh? I bought tickets to both shows a month in advance. I'm the guy that gets the best seats in the house. I don't do that by ordering last-minute. lol

I usually go on Thursdays with my dad, and Saturdays with my mom. I only see movies more than twice if I think they're better than "good".

Twice is my minimum, usually. It's extremely rare that I watch a movie only once.

9ugk.gif.67b9e37fed8066c9ef6085cfe808a3a6.gif

:cheers:

On 4/22/2022 at 12:27 PM, shadroch said:

Gut the last twenty minutes, and edit out another 15 minutes along the way and you might have a B- movie. 

Why is it DC can put out above average tv shows for the most part, but can't do a whole movie? 

Movies like Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Joker, Aquaman Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Zack Snyder's Justice League were all above average. And you can add Watchmen, Constantine, Red, V For Vendetta, Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992) and a little movie titled Superman: The Movie. The latter of which Feige has noted more than once influences his style of Marvel film storytelling. And what about that little film - Wonder Woman?

Not everyone is going to like these movies. But to say all the DC movies were below average is listening too often to your own echo chamber.

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

Movies like Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Joker, Aquaman Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Zack Snyder's Justice League were all above average. And you can add Watchmen, Constantine, Red, V For Vendetta, Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992) and a little movie titled Superman: The Movie. The latter of which Feige has noted more than once influences his style of Marvel film storytelling.

Not everyone is going to like these movies. But to say all the DC movies were below average is listening too often to your own echo chamber.

Until looking up the numbers (however meaningful or meaningless that is) just now, I didn't see that people actually like Constantine (I don't). I also didn't know that Red is a DC movie.

On 4/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Until looking up the numbers (however meaningful or meaningless that is) just now, I didn't see that people actually like Constantine (I don't). I also didn't know that Red is a DC movie.

Red is a DC imprint comic from WildStorm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_(WildStorm)

Constantine is a really good movie when you take off your comic gatekeeping glasses that it doesn't 100% match the design. Much of what the movie demonstrated comes from the comics.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

Movies like Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Joker, Aquaman Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Zack Snyder's Justice League were all above average. And you can add Watchmen, Constantine, Red, V For Vendetta, Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992) and a little movie titled Superman: The Movie. The latter of which Feige has noted more than once influences his style of Marvel film storytelling. And what about that little film - Wonder Woman?

When you need to bring up forty year old movies to make a point, the point may not be worth bringing up.

Man of Steel- didn't see.

Batman vs. Superman- walked out about halfway thru.

Snyders JL was good, burt I saw the original version first and it was mediocre

Watchman- meh.

The first Superman was in the 1970s and not very relevant to todays discussions. 

I'll give you DC was better than Marvel at movies in the 70s and 80s. 

The fact that these were done by outside agencies with DC having no imput might have helped.

On 4/22/2022 at 5:18 PM, shadroch said:

When you need to bring up forty year old movies to make a point, the point may not be worth bringing up.

Man of Steel- didn't see.

Batman vs. Superman- walked out about halfway thru.

Snyders JL was good, burt I saw the original version first and it was mediocre

Watchman- meh.

The first Superman was in the 1970s and not very relevant to todays discussions. 

I'll give you DC was better than Marvel at movies in the 70s and 80s. 

The fact that these were done by outside agencies with DC having no imput might have helped.

Sorry, but was demonstrating YEARS of DC films that are considered above average. Including the past 10 years.

So your personal reaction to such films (which you are entitled to) doesn't make it the standard. It is your personal experiences. Meanwhile, each of those films has a Home Theater Domestic Sales result that is just as strong as Marvel films. I think we need to remember that. People don't go and purchase DVDs and Blurays of movies they find not entertaining.