• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, skypinkblu said:

I can't imagine being so traumatized in 20 minutes. 

I'm still shaking from the experience.

On 4/24/2022 at 1:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

That comparison is all you had to post to confirm you are way off.

THE END :canofworms:

so youre saying batman should be dumb not smart like hannibal lecter.  ok.

I use hannibal lecter as an example because he's one of the few characters that is actually depicted as smart.  In most movies a person is shown to be smart because he invents devices and wears glasses and uses scientific gobbledegook words like Shuri "I reversed the tachyon flow and recorrugated the quantum field!!" or solves some inane clue that no real person would ever get from point A to point B from like "Oh this document says seek the nephelims-that must mean we have to go to mount sinai and there will be another clue buried there lets go!".
Hannibal lecter is actually shown using his mental abilities in a logical cogent manner.
Batman should be likewise depicted as smart but it never happens.

Edited by kav

On 4/24/2022 at 2:41 PM, kav said:

so youre saying batman should be dumb not smart like hannibal lecter.  ok.

https://hannibal.fandom.com/wiki/Hannibal_Lecter

Lecter was unique for a serial killer, as he did not fit any known psychological profile,[4] though Frederick Chilton classified him as a "pure sociopath." However, unlike subjects with sociopathy, Lecter did not exhibit pleasure from killing, which would have resulted in an accelerated heart rate. This was shown when Lecter viciously attacked a nurse, and his pulse was noted to have never exceeded 85 beats per minute. When he killed two police officers upon his escape from custody, his pulse exceeded over 100; the heightened rate was due to the exertion of beating one of the officers to death with a police baton. 

Lecter has a deep interest and fantasy of time reversing, in order to bring Mischa to life. This event shaped Lecter's life of murder and cannibalism.

You read that personality profile and "BATMAN" screams out at you? Think about it. A serial killer that through his childhood memories is triggered to kill?

On 4/24/2022 at 12:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

https://hannibal.fandom.com/wiki/Hannibal_Lecter

You read that personality profile and "BATMAN" screams out at you? Think about it. A serial killer that through his childhood memories is triggered to kill?

I never mentioned personality just mental ability.  lecter was a genius.  batman should be too.  And it was depicted in the film, not a fake genius spouting gobbldygook.  Pls dont put words in my mouth.
I am not saying batman should eat people.  Not even close.

On 4/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, kav said:

I never mentioned personality just mental ability.  lecter was a genius.  batman should be too.  And it was depicted in the film, not a fake genius spouting gobbldygook.  Pls dont put words in my mouth.
I am not saying batman should eat people.  Not even close.

I didn't have to put any words in your mouth. It was clear on the comparison.

:cheers:

On 4/24/2022 at 12:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

I didn't have to put any words in your mouth. It was clear on the comparison.

:cheers:

Pls cut and paste where I mentioned personality.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

Is this your Hannibal moment?

:baiting:

:roflmao: is not an argument.  Carry on though.

On 4/24/2022 at 4:01 PM, kav said:

:roflmao: is not an argument.  Carry on though.

There is no reason to argue. I was just sitting here laughing that you even attempted that to cause an argument.

lane.gif.97b7f4c5eebb982d404abe070d518a02.gif

On 4/24/2022 at 1:03 PM, Bosco685 said:

There is no reason to argue. I was just sitting here laughing that you even attempted that to cause an argument.

lane.gif.97b7f4c5eebb982d404abe070d518a02.gif

I really dont understand all the anger.  Why are you so emotionally invested in this movie?  I'm saying batman should be smart.  I used lecter as an example because its hard to think of a smart person that was actually depicted as smart in a film.  Sherlock holmes in the seven percent solution came close.  If you like that example better go with that.  
As depicted, batman has never been shown to be particularly intelligent in any film, and was especially dumb in this one.

On 4/24/2022 at 4:06 PM, kav said:

I really dont understand all the anger.  Why are you so emotionally invested in this movie?  I'm saying batman should be smart.  I used lecter as an example because its hard to think of a smart person that was actually depicted as smart in a film.  Sherlock holmes in the seven percent solution came close.  If you like that example better go with that.  
As depicted, batman has never been shown to be particularly intelligent in any film, and was especially dumb in this one.

I'm not angry at anything. You watched 20 minutes of a 3 hour movie. Maybe watch the rest and see how it sits with you.

Sherlock Holmes is definitely more fitting. Even with the RDJ movies they worked to convey how many steps ahead he was in any situation.

On 4/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm not angry at anything. You watched 20 minutes of a 3 hour movie. Maybe watch the rest and see how it sits with you.

Sherlock Holmes is definitely more fitting. Even with the RDJ movies they worked to convey how many steps ahead he was in any situation.

lets agree that batman should be depicted as smart as sherlock holmes.

OK, watched the entire movie, but I must have dozed off during the 20 minute part in the beginning, that traumatized Kav, because I missed Cat/Chick/non person fights...

I wish they would stop doing his origin and put some color in these...and Christian Bale was much better.

I'm done now.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, shadroch said:

I thought Eternals was bad and won't watch Shang Chi. 

As I said, I had high hopes for this movie and wish I could say it was great. Or good, or even watchable. 

I loved Shang Chi, watched it twice, you are not a romantic...the Eternals was someplace below the remake of Ghostbusters.

On 4/25/2022 at 5:22 AM, skypinkblu said:

OK, watched the entire movie, but I must have dozed off during the 20 minute part in the beginning, that traumatized Kav, because I missed Cat/Chick/non person fights...

I wish they would stop doing his origin and put some color in these...and Christian Bale was much better.

I'm done now.

Dark Knight was superior but I would love elements of both in one movie. For one, I would replace the real city in Dark Knight with The Batman’s version of Gotham which doesn’t bare any resemblance to an actual city. I like the fact that Bruce Wayne is not a playboy masquerading with women on his arms in public as well. He is way too mopey when he is Bruce though. I refer to him as MM or MopeMaster. The fact that he was Batman the majority of the movie was very appealing to me. I wanted something very different from ZSJL and I got it. And I loved ZSJL. I just enjoy seeing different takes by different directors. Still love Burtons Gotham City as well. Probably my favorite thing about his movies along with Elfman’s score.

On 4/24/2022 at 11:18 PM, ▫️ said:

Dark Knight was superior but I would love elements of both in one movie. For one, I would replace the real city in Dark Knight with The Batman’s version of Gotham which doesn’t bare any resemblance to an actual city. I like the fact that Bruce Wayne is not a playboy masquerading with women on his arms in public as well. He is way too mopey when he is Bruce though. I refer to him as MM or MopeMaster. The fact that he was Batman the majority of the movie was very appealing to me. I wanted something very different from ZSJL and I got it. And I loved ZSJL. I just enjoy seeing different takes by different directors. Still love Burtons Gotham City as well. Probably my favorite thing about his movies along with Elfman’s score.

I felt like I watched the whole Gotham falling apart drowning thing on the TV show AND another movie...What bothered me about Pattison besides the fact I kept wondering how he could see with his dirty hair in his eyes, was that he was way to thin to be Batman...I liked the Commissioner, kept wondering what the heck they did to Colin Farrell...and Cat Woman was fine, but I just felt like I've seen the movie before. ..and if I'm wondering about the hair in his eyes, the movie didn't totally engage me...and I'm a huge DC fan and LOVE Batman.