• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2022 at 4:35 AM, kav said:

This movie is dumb dumb dumb.  I lasted 20 minutes.  It baffles me that some people cannot see this.  There's the willing suspension of disbelief and then there's the willing acceptance of dumb.

You watched 20 minutes of a 3 hour film..

I’m not saying its the best thing ever but I’ll respect your opinion on movies you’ve watched. It’s kind of like how I couldn’t get through 30 minutes of The Eternals. I just couldn’t. So I can’t say whether its a good film or not despite not liking what I’ve seen so far.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:44 AM, ▫️ said:

I’m not saying its the best thing ever but I’ll respect your opinion on movies you’ve watched. It’s kind of like how I couldn’t get through 30 minutes of The Eternals. I just couldn’t. So I can’t say whether its a good film or not despite not liking what I’ve seen so far.

At least he isn't posting a Ben Shapiro movie review where he notes a scene THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN

this movie is so well done, absolutely beautifully shot and designed, dramatically lit, the visuals are stunning in every way. the actress who plays the cat is breathtaking too. it was entertaining to me. 

yet overall it made me feel that i have just had enough batman. i feel like the first two nolan films really did it for me. i dont need any more of this kind of batman (or joker, g*d help us when the sequel to this comes out). 

i think they've done the whole 'city is devouring itself with corruption' theme way more than enough times now. we get it. batman feels like a really one-note character/ story to me. i wish they'd stop making batman films. but of course he's one of their most popular characters, so that'll never happen. maybe a batman comedy then a la shazam?

I liked the movie, especially the Riddler after he was "unmasked". I felt Catwoman was well done, also.

My wife asked me why they always make Batman so dark and tortured. I tried to explain that his parents death shapes every aspect of his life, blah, blah, blah. But....have to agree with her. Getting tired of the "origin" story always looming in the background. I know we aren't going to get a Mary Poppins Batman but maybe we should try a movie where he is the world's greatest detective? 

On 4/23/2022 at 1:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

'hate'?

That's a strong emotion applied toward a comic book movie. Though dislike whatever you want.

HATE!!!!

On 4/23/2022 at 3:51 AM, bentbryan said:

C’mon the Batmobile chase scene at least puts it ahead of The cologne commercial, doesn’t it? :grin:

well but eternals had METAPHORS  lol 

On 4/23/2022 at 5:44 AM, ▫️ said:

Youre saying if I watch 20 minutes of Manos Hands of Fate I cant make any legitimate conclusions about that film?

On 4/23/2022 at 6:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

At least he isn't posting a Ben Shapiro movie review where he notes a scene THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN

Nope.  But what about this screen rant that talks about all the dumb things that DID HAPPEN?  lol 

The Batman like Dune reminded me of a beautiful looking sumptuous pastry behind thick glass :nyah:.  However, once I bit into it - it was all empty calories if not fat-free. Yes the movie was visually stunning, the actors very well cast and their acting high-caliber.  Yet the slow plodding narrative and plot was thin on intrigue and lacking in gravitas.  I found myself bored at several points and this Batman felt like it was another very paler reiteration of Nolan's Batman.  In the end I did not walk away from this movie with any sense of indulgence, new insights or inspiration but simply the sense that I wasted 3 hours of my time.  :wavingwhiteflag:

I'm pro Batman.  He has never been done right in any movie.  If they ever did a good realistic Batman movie people's minds would be blown.  There would be no dumb scenes of his surviving electrocution, falling a fatal distance, or thugs shooting at his body armor when his exposed face is right there.  He would be a detective like hannibal lecter.  Cunning, smart.  He wouldnt be injecting himself with go-go juice that was just injected into the plot like the juice.
You'd be blown away folks.

If captured he would escape in a cunning manner like lecter, not some cliched obvious manner that mostly relies on the dumbness of his captors.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, johnenock said:

I liked the movie, especially the Riddler after he was "unmasked". I felt Catwoman was well done, also.

My wife asked me why they always make Batman so dark and tortured. I tried to explain that his parents death shapes every aspect of his life, blah, blah, blah. But....have to agree with her. Getting tired of the "origin" story always looming in the background. I know we aren't going to get a Mary Poppins Batman but maybe we should try a movie where he is the world's greatest detective? 

Actually they didn't always make him dark and tortured...anyone remember Adam West? 

Reading the reviews I'm kind of glad I was waiting to watch it on TV...3 hours without a break is torture even in a riveting movie...this way I can turn off the sound if it gets annoying;) but I WILL watch it...  @kav and give it a chance.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:48 PM, skypinkblu said:

Actually they didn't always make him dark and tortured...anyone remember Adam West? 

Reading the reviews I'm kind of glad I was waiting to watch it on TV...3 hours without a break is torture even in a riveting movie...this way I can turn off the sound if it gets annoying;) but I WILL watch it...  @kav and give it a chance.

The guy was gettin blasted by thugs in his bulletproof suit who neglected to merely shoot 'im in the face.  How much dummer does a movie have to be?

The movie was chock full of this  type of garbage-how much do you have to absorb before you turn it off?  For me it ws 20 minutes.  You dont have to watch an entire movie to determine it is a real dud.  I tried watching chick fight-20 minutes later I turned it off.  You do not have to watch an entire movie to say wow this movie sucks.  try watchin chick fight and see.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:58 PM, kav said:

The movie was chock full of this  type of garbage-how much do you have to absorb before you turn it off?  For me it ws 20 minutes.  You dont have to watch an entire movie to determine it is a real dud.  I tried watching chick fight-20 minutes later I turned it off.  You do not have to watch an entire movie to say wow this movie sucks.  try watchin chick fight and see.

I can't imagine being so traumatized in 20 minutes...but I always ignore "chick fights"...maybe that helps.