THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
15 15

3,097 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

So their plan is to intro a whole bunch of as yet cinematically unestablished characters into one film?  That didn't go particularly well for Justice League or Amazing Andrewgarfield-Man 2, what's to make us think it will succeed in Twilight: The Batman Saga?

i'm keeping my faith in Matt Reeves for now but this news is more cringe worthy than exciting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

So their plan is to intro a whole bunch of as yet cinematically unestablished characters into one film?  That didn't go particularly well for Justice League or Amazing Andrewgarfield-Man 2, what's to make us think it will succeed in Twilight: The Batman Saga?

Though Singer did it well in X-Men and X2... hm

A proven director? (shrug)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a *huge* Batman fan, I'm not that concerned.

I've said it before, but I think Reeves' aim is to adapt one of the "everybody escapes from Arkham" stories, so there's precedent.

Classic ones that come to mind:

  • Batman 400
  • Knightfall (492-500)
  • No Man's Land (563-574)
  • Hush (608-619)

I stopped reading Batman around 10 years ago, so I'm curious about what modern storylines might fit. What would you add to the above?

Has Snyder done anything on the scope of Knightfall or Hush -- in terms of "fight all the villains" -- yet?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

A proven director? (shrug)

I guess one difference that sticks out is that all those X-characters were largely on the same page.  In the first movie for example, you had two mostly united groups -- the X-Men and Magneto's band of merry mutants, each with its own overall goal.  

Whereas in the movies that have fallen flat, you get a smorgasbord of free agents with competing or divergent agendas.  The movie ends up spending more time trying to divvy up screen time to explain the whole fiasco rather than telling a compelling story.

But then there's also Guardians, where they just launched right into it and hashed out all the back story as they went along...

Meh, we'll see.  In conclusion, Robert Pattinson sucks.  (thumbsu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I guess one difference that sticks out is that all those X-characters were largely on the same page.  In the first movie for example, you had two mostly united groups -- the X-Men and Magneto's band of merry mutants, each with its own overall goal.  

Whereas in the movies that have fallen flat, you get a smorgasbord of free agents with competing or divergent agendas.  The movie ends up spending more time trying to divvy up screen time to explain the whole fiasco rather than telling a compelling story.

But then there's also Guardians, where they just launched right into it and hashed out all the back story as they went along...

Meh, we'll see.  In conclusion, Robert Pattinson sucks.  (thumbsu

Until Matt Reeves proves he can't handle the task, I'm assuming he has a vision here and could pull this off. Especially with his more recent track record (2008-2017) going from small-budget to big-budget.

matt_reeves01.JPG.894ef51280541fc404736a69c90f77f5.JPG

Plus like Gatsby noted, the solid Rogues Gallery stories to model after could make this work out great and turn out to be an exciting adventure watching Batman have to adjust his techniques with each character in the same movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't realize how much the critics seem to appreciate Matt Reeves productions as well.

matt_reeves02.JPG.b9c091baeef7120aad79188c53cd3e90.JPG

So it would be nice if if can help maintain the more recent trend with Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam. Though more towards Wonder Woman and Shazam.

matt_reeves03.JPG.8f1302c9074709402e73d565f5e3121b.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mattn792 Justice League may have worked if they went with the Snyder Cut that had some backstory and development like Flash discovering his powers with Iris, Aquaman with Vulko, and Cyborg with his parents...

But, no, let's cut 45 minutes of meat off the bone so we can get our bonus checks...

:pullhair:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2019 at 4:58 AM, TwoPiece said:

@mattn792 Justice League may have worked if they went with the Russo Brothers and had some backstory and development like Flash discovering his powers with Iris, Aquaman with Vulko, and Cyborg with his parents...

 

This would have worked better.

Edited by kimik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
15 15